LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

At what age were you fully potty trained?

At what age were you fully potty trained?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. At what age were you fully potty trained?

• 1 year old
    • 2 years old
    • 3 years old
    • 4 years old
    • 5 years old
    • Other
    • Never
    • Not sure

According to my mother and other reliable family members I was day-trained at 30 months and night trained at 33 months.

However, like my older sister, mom, aunt and granny my bladder was tiny and over-active. Therefore Mom would very nicely ask me to wear 'Just-in-Case' diapers for long car rides and special events where finding a toilet in an emergency would be difficult.

My own memory starts a few weeks before I turned 4. Mom, her mother and younger sister made no secret of being urinary incontinent. They all wore pinned gauze diapers 24/7. Penny is my older sister by 5 years. I remember several times when she wet before getting home from school. It could be that her bladder capacity was no better than mine. Penny never once complained about being diapered even when she was nearly 12.

Clearly Mom knew from experience that being nice about wetting was the most practical approach. My youngest sister Missy is 5 years my junior. All the rest of us had some day control until we were 21 or so. Poor Missy lost her day control at age 15, while in high school. Missy put on a brave face and was not embarrassed. Later Mom explained that the just-in-case diapers were also part of a plan that should we eventually loose day control we would be past getting embarrassed.

I agree with my Mom.

• Like 2

Darling Baby Wendy Marie, I assume your questions are directed at me.

Previously on another thread there was the question about when we started self-diapering.

Remember, when I lived at home prior to moving to a university dorm in August 1981, my family only used pinned classic Curity gauze diapers. Because the family realized dangers of using pins, we were not taught to pin our own diapers until we reverted to bedwetting. Yes, prior to that Penny and I were taught how to pin diapers on our younger siblings.

Penny reverted to bedwetting at puberty when she was 12 and I was 7, so I remember that very well. Penny began diapering me during trips when she was 10. I also reverted to bedwetting at puberty when I was 12.

Of my siblings only our youngest brother Ed and youngest sister Missy routinely wet the bed after age 3. Mom or Granny diapered Ed. Missy had not had a dry night at age 5. We shared the room which had been the nursery which had a changing table. When I was 10 and Missy was 5 Mom taught me to diaper Missy for bed. Then during trips Mom would diaper Ed; Penny would diaper our sister Ruth, herself and me; I would diaper Missy.

Before I moved to university I discussed my bedwetting with the housing director. She told me there were no convenient coin washers, but that the campus general store stocked all sizes of Attends.During the month before I left home I learned to put on disposable Attends and got used to sleeping in them.

By then Missy had been dry at night for a year. Then shortly before I left Missy resumed bedwetting. I taught her how to diaper herself. While Missy was in high school she began day wetting, so she wore Attends to school and gauze diapers to bed.

By the way on trips and special events Penny, Granny and Mom all diapered me. I am told that before I was toilet trained Aunt Betsy often diapered me because she was our babysitter while Mom was at work, but I have no independent memory of that.

Edited by Angela Bauer
Correct a typo

I answered other, for obvious reasons, I've been a life long bedwetter, I was not officially day trained till 8, or 9, maybe as late as 10, the night wetting started have continued to this day... my day control has been gone since 99, and things have not gotten better... As I'm seated all day driving, and have started losing feeling below my stomach, I've been having messing issues for about 10 years, but I deal as best as I can... Thank GOD I have a wife that understands...

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it depends on what "potty trained" means. During the day I pretty much knew to use the toilet by about age 3 but had many daytime accidents after that. When distracted I just wet my pants until about age 10 or 11 although less often as time went on. I didn't stop regular bedwetting until into puberty but to me that's not the same as potty training.

• Like 1

By the age of 8 I was about as fully potty trained as I've ever been. I don't know if my accidents were ever "rare" by other people's standards.

My control started degrading again around the time I was 19, so I'm on the cusp of having been not potty trained for a larger percentage of my life than I was potty trained.

I was finally out of nappies during the day at 5 but stilll wet my bed every night so slept in nappies for a few more years. I still often wet my pants during the day too but nappies during the day were not an option

My mother always said that I was trained at 18 months. I guess she was right, at some level, but I can still remember on, Several Occasions, when she would tell one of her friends that I was trained at 18 months while she was changing my diaper on the couch or living room floor. I didn't think this was very unusual at the time but I sure wish I could ask Mom a few questions on the Details Now!

i was potty trained when i was 4 or almost 5 i was a kid who had special needs. i did not stop bedwetting till i was 15. i lived with my grandparents and i would wake up every morning and saw my bed was wet my grandparents did not do any thing about it no diapers, no pads , no plastic bed cover.

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on how you define it. I was potty trained in the sense that I had control by the time I was three. However, I still wore and used pull-ups until I was five.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...