LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Big Boy Bed

1 hour ago, Alvin Seville said:

Your room is classy Mikey: I love the shield, sword and clock

Thanks! The Sword and Board came from a trip to Medieval Times :)

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Ever since I was a little kid I wondered why clock manufacturers who use Roman Numerals never (or very seldom) get it right!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2017 at 0:21 PM, rusty pins said:

Ever since I was a little kid I wondered why clock manufacturers who use Roman Numerals never (or very seldom) get it right!

Edited by Wet Knight
1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Can I blame this on common core?

I think this is a good idea. We can kinda blame the educational system as a whole too, especially where grammar is involved (like in the Grammar Pet Peeves topic). I've heard of smart phones being required in middle schools now, which I find completely idiotic. To me that's just asking for kids to be goofing off on their phones and cheating with them in classes.

• Like 1

another way of looking at it is by using I in the first 4 numbers, V in the second 4 numbers and X in the last 4 creates radial symmetry, oh and nice room btw

On 17/04/2017 at 9:27 PM, Wet Knight said:

Please may I beg to differ?

Let us imagine that you are a Roman Centurion listing 10 points to your soldiers.

Hold your left clenched fist, with the thumb covering the fingers towards you and raise your first finger as you mention the first point.

Holding your ring and little finger beneath your thumb, you can raise your middle finger for the second point and holding down your little finger, make the third point by raising your ring finger.

Releasing your little finger you have the llll that you see on the clock face.

Bringing the fingers together and extending the thumb makes V, the Roman 5.

Still holding the V of your left hand, as you continue raising the first finger on your right hand, the soldiers see V, followed by I for 6; and so on.

Yes VIIII is 9,

With fingers together and right thumb extended as a second V, by inverting the right hand below the left, an X, the Roman 10 is formed.

Tilt the hand a little and a V becomes L for 50, then slightly curl the fingers and thumb to form a C for 100.

I can't explain how they chose M for 1,000 when it is easier to make W.