LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
YeOldeDiapers

Dreft, Pampers/Luvs Scents, and other products?

I was thinking lately of how much I remember Pampers and Luvs scents, and how they are different from what I remember in the 70's and 80's. I recall Luvs having a more medicinal scent at the time, nothing at all like they smell now; but Pampers I recall is similar to their original scent (or my memory is just skewed).

I have used Dreft scent booster and Dreft odor eliminator to try to recreate the scent in some small way, but it just isn't quite the same. I would like to try Dreft laundry detergent, but haven't gotten around to it yet (I need to use up about 200 loads worth of Tide first, lol).

What other products are out that have a scent close to Pampers or Luvs diapers? It seems a strange thing to attach to, but really it isn't. Odor memory is pretty deeply ingrained in our psyche...

Try a scent warmer, like a potpurri burner without the open flame, with Mistolin Baby Friesh and see if that helps

poobrat    11

just to let you know dreft liquid detergent is now unscented,only the dreft powder has a scent as far as I know.i buy from Kroger stores and their liquid baby detergent is the same as dreft and cheaper.

On 4/4/2017 at 4:42 PM, poobrat said:

just to let you know dreft liquid detergent is now unscented,only the dreft powder has a scent as far as I know.i buy from Kroger stores and their liquid baby detergent is the same as dreft and cheaper.

That's a shame... On Amazon, their detergent got a lot of great reviews - including mention of the scent. I wonder if it is both the Infant (Stage 1) and the Toddler (Stage 2) detergent, or just one or the other?

On 4/4/2017 at 1:23 PM, Christine Daryleanne said:

Try a scent warmer, like a potpurri burner without the open flame, with Mistolin Baby Friesh and see if that helps

Oh, good idea!!  Is this Amazon link the same scent you mentioned? (www.amazon.com/Mistolin-Baby-28-Oz/dp/B0058JRB0K)

Have you used it? What did you think?

Here is my report

NAME: DScents; "Baby Powder" scented oil

source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291929207648?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

GRADE: B+ Not like Johnson's Baby Powder but much like Dreft. a great house scent and does the most good in a bathroom or bedroom. You could put this on a cotton ball or the like and put it in clothes drawers, It would be good if you could use it on your rubber panties and diapers

What you might do with your panties is make a weak solution of Dreft in a spray bottle and after you clean your panties and they dry, spray it on them and let it dry again and use this on a cotton ball where you store them. 50 years ago, some of the brands of baby panties smelled like this when you first opened the package. After a while, the smell might work its way into the material

I have gotten one 'success', though not quite the familiar Pampers or Luvs scent.

P&G makes Dreft, too; and I bought some detergent and their scent booster. The liquid detergent still has a nice scent, but the scent boosters is very powerful.

Anyway, I took the scent boosters, added a teaspoon to 1 cup of warm water, and allowed to dissolve. I used this in a spray bottle on my bed, back of my car, etc.

tibsy    5

Plastic baby pants were often rose scented.  Recently I was travelling with my mother and I detected a familiar smell so I said is that a rose scent you have on.  She replied "yes, I'm surprised you noticed, your dad never does" !!

cruxshadow    14

Secret's Powder Fresh antiperspirant spray is pretty dead on, it's made by the same company as Pampers, Proctor & Gamble; so it's probably nearly, if not, the same scent. It is, however, an antiperspirant; and I've noticed that, as such, the padding doesn't absorb as well if fully saturated (maybe that was just my imagination). So I'd spraying it in the front, and back, but not heavily in the crotch, to lower buttock (what an awful word) area.

I will be going to Dollar Tree tomorrow to pick up a can and give it a whirl. I do have the Secret antiperspirant, and it is close for both the spray and the stick deodorant; but they are not good for absorption at all and all leave an residue. I used to saturate some paper towels and hang them in my closet, but it the scent would wear off quickly. When doing the same with Dreft, the scent lasts much, much longer (I'm at nearly a month now with one changing pad - and it my whole room picks up the scent from just the one pad hanging in the closet).

So I was able to get a can of the Angel of Mine air freshener. It is not quite that "Pampers" scent, but it does have a very strong baby powder scent. I only sprayed a little a few hours ago, and it is still quite strong.

I do like the smell, but it isn't quite "Pampers". I found the Dreft scent to be more (but also not quite) reminiscent of Pampers.