LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Feeling Helpless/Hopeless

So I just wrote a big post on Facebook about this...

Maybe it was because I went to my first group therapy session last night, but I feel especially emotionally weak at the moment.

The news that Article 50 (Leaving the EU) will be triggered in eight days (I believe) hit me a lot harder than I expected it would. It's obviously been coming for a long while but the date being set has made it all seem fresh again.

It is so sad that all of the progressivism and positives of the EU are going to be lost thanks to xenophobia making my country cut all ties with the continent. We are going to lose all our protections and have to trust this Tory government to give them back (fat chance of that happening...) and we are all going to be worse off for it. Human rights being re-worked, workers rights, environmental rights... Everything is going to be re-written and it will all be done to benefit the "haves" at the expense of the "have nots."

We are going to lose our free internet (including the laws on their way to censor legal things such as consensual age play). We are even (probably) going to lose the United Kingdom as Scotland would be smart to take their opportunity to leave whilst they still can. Why should the Tories care about what Scotland wants after all Scotland never votes Tory anyway so they would probably be glad to get rid of all those dissenting voices. Without them we move closer to a one party state as Labour or any other party getting a majority without Scotland is slim to none.

I feel utterly disgusted that the country is being taken back in time by a section of the public (Only a little over 1/3 of the electorate actually voted for Brexit) and the rest of us are being taken for the ride off of the cliff.

We have already seen that most of the promises made were false... Most notably the extra NHS funding, indeed now a good portion of the NHS workforce is leaving because they don't want to be in this bigoted country and I don't blame them.

And that is why I feel helpless and hopeless...The country is committed to throwing itself off of the deep end and we are going to lose so much. Things that we will likely never get back. I feel like a best case scenario is that it goes so badly that we will apply to re-join at some point in the future but then my whole life is basically just waiting and hoping that this mess is undone...

I know people to say to organise, protest, etc... But these things are already happening and they make no difference. There just isn't enough will to change things, the government and the only other major party are both committed to leaving, there is no political will to stop things.

I'm not a good person to protest actively... I suffer from so much anxiety that if I look at the news too much I end up rocking in a corner and crying, to be leading some kind of resistance would literally kill me. I would like to volunteer for the one political party that are pro-EU but they are so small after the last election that it is not going to help all that much.

Watching as my country is torn apart like this is the most helpless and hopeless that I can imagine feeling. Every day we become a less fair and more unequal society. It will not be long before the NHS is taken away and replaced with something profit driven, workers rights are up in the air (sick pay, mandatory holiday, work hours limits, anti-discrimination laws, etc...) and there is absolutely no reason to believe that anything will be replaced by something better for the common person.

I want to leave but I can't... I'm attached to my fiancee who has work here, all our family and friends are here, we own a flat here. We have roots and unless Alice can find work outside the country we are trapped on the sinking ship.

• 1 month later...