LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Grammar Pet Peeves

I totally agree especially when putting the other person first.
My pet peeve is when people (manly the media )use the world tenfold . I have yet to hear it used properly, tenfold is not 10 x it is best explained with a pes of paper 1 fold gives you 2 layers of paper 2 fold gives you 4, 3 fold gives you 8, 4 fold gives you 16. ....so when the media and politicians say crime or whatever else thay clame has increased tenfold it is a rong and in many cases the increase would be greater than the population of the country thay are referring to.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Meh, the way I talk and type changes depending on situation.

The way I wrote essays at university was very different to how I spoke to friends, likewise the way I write forum posts and my stories are very different to how I type in chat or speak in person.

All the young people you see talking in ways you disapprove of aren't necessarily talking the same way in their school work or in job interviews, etc... Sure, some of them will talk the same way regardless but most tailor how they talk to the situation they are in.

Things that annoy me in chat are when people use multiple exclamation or question marks at the end of every other sentence (though I am guilty of too many "..."'s). People who substitute numbers for letters can get grating too. I'm not a fan personally of people using text speak in chat or of miss-spelling lots of words but as long as I can understand what the other person is saying I don't really mind.

Except for "XD"... For some reason "XD" really annoys me. As does all the other "I'm so random" way of talking that is mostly seen from people who come here from tumblr :P

5 minutes ago, Elfy said:

Meh, the way I talk and type changes depending on situation.

The way I wrote essays at university was very different to how I spoke to friends, likewise the way I write forum posts and my stories are very different to how I type in chat or speak in person.

All the young people you see talking in ways you disapprove of aren't necessarily talking the same way in their school work or in job interviews, etc... Sure, some of them will talk the same way regardless but most tailor how they talk to the situation they are in.

I also hate the way it is cool to sound or act dumb instead of striving for the best you can be.
Every thing is dumped down to the lowest denominator.
I now how silly this may sound coming from someone who can't spell and likes to wear a nappy

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There is a dynamic aspect to both language and grammar, because the big point is to be understood.

I remember a few years ago I read an excerpt in Readers Digest about a college professor who rallied against the use of party

I agree with pretty much everything said in this thread. One thing I saw online once that I don't understand is that it is apparently rude to end text messages with a period. Somehow it's better to not use punctuation at the end of your text. Color me confused on that one.

You peeps get annoyed over such small things

I try to write proper, but I'm a hard learner, so, it will take a long time before I learn proper grammar, like your and you're

I just can't see the difference and as long as I get no red lines under whatever I write...

lol, no rusty, not going to give you flack for wanting to be grammar police. I find myself correcting people while playing mmo's as there are so many people butchering the language that I can rarely resist correcting them. I completely agree that improper use of the language is becoming more common, I do however cut those people not native to using English some slack as American English has a lot of slang and words that mean the same thing that can easily be used out of context.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Dubious said:

You peeps get annoyed over such small things

I try to write proper, but I'm a hard learner, so, it will take a long time before I learn proper grammar, like your and you're

I just can't see the difference and as long as I get no red lines under whatever I write...

People with learning disabilities or those who are not native to our language are different.