LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend switching to plastic-backed again?

So has anyone else heard about Depend Protection with tabs switching back to being plastic-backed? Someone over at adisc got a letter from Kimberly-Clark after they complained about the cloth backed version, which stated they'd be rereleasing the original six taped version of the brief due to overwhelming feedback...now I haven't used Depends in years since I discovered premium online options, but if this is true, that'd be great to see a company actually listen to what their customers

I must admit, that back in the day, when I was only able to pretty much wear store brands that were all cloth backed, I discovered my being a DL after depends had originally stopped being plastic-backed, I didn't understand what the big deal was with plastic vs cloth backed was. Now that I have had a chance to wear some more of what plastic backed diapers that are still out there, I see the point. Not that I hate or am totally against cloth backed as some people are, but I like plastic now too. It will be interesting to see if this happens & if other companies follow suit as Rusty said.

I agree that it is good news for us plastic-backed users. I don't know how good they would be quality-wise, but it would be good to have something that might be stocked in stores like WalMart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc. That way there would be something available for quick purchase if you are running out, even if they are not your first choice.

I find the whole "cloth" vs. plastic-backed debate interesting. I left the DL scene for about 20 years at a time when most, if not all, adult diapers were plastic-backed. When I returned recently the whole things was flipped upside down. Now almost no plastic-backed are made and I don't know of any regular (not medical supply or ABDL) stores that carry them.

I bought a pack of CVS brand briefs with cloth-like backing. I found them fairly absorbent and leak-resistant, although I used them with plastic pants, as I usually do even with plastic-backed. They were alright, but they just didn't have the right feel. I can understand the advantage of them if you want to be discrete in public, but I just wear at home.

I wore cloth diapers as a baby, but have no real memories of that. When my diaper interest began, around the age of 5 or so, disposables were still not in wide use. By the time I actually was old enough to act on my diaper urges and get some myself at around age 12, the diaper market was rapidly switching from cloth worn with waterproof pants to disposables with a plain white, crinkly outer covering. That is what I bought first, the early Pampers. The Gerber baby pants were also still widely available in supermarkets and they also formed a part of my diaper fun even though I could barely fit into the largest ones at the time. I think I am fixated by the plastic-backed disposables worn with the plastic pants, not because of that being any recollection from my own time as a baby or even what was in use when I first recall being attracted to diapers, but because it is the kind I first used as a kid when my diaper lover desires were finally acted on. There is just something about the crinkle of the plastic backing and the vinyl pants that is part of the equation for me.

I loved the smell of the Pampers too, something that is missing from adult diapers. Maybe there are some ABDL brands that have it, but I'm not familiar with those if there are. If somebody could come up with a spray to be applied to diapers to replicate that Pampers scent, it would be wonderful.

I find this very interesting, and would love to see them move back to plastic.

Funny, yesterday I was in my attic going through some vintage items I have stored in totes. And I found some vintage plastic backed Depend diapers, still in the package, and mostly full. I had thought about how nice these were, in comparison to the cloth backed.

Wkould that not be a counter-revolution?

If so, do not let the Diaper Politburo find out or you might get a visit from the NKVD: Not Kind to Vintage Diapers

14 hours ago, ReturnToDLLand said:

I loved the smell of the Pampers too, something that is missing from adult diapers. Maybe there are some ABDL brands that have it, but I'm not familiar with those if there are. If somebody could come up with a spray to be applied to diapers to replicate that Pampers scent, it would be wonderful.

Mommies-scents makes a line of scented drops you can put in your diapers to replicate the smell of Pampers.

• Like 1

If you want something done . get a girl to do it

http://stores.ebay.com/Sybils-Store/Mommies-Scents-/_i.html?_fsub=742044018

• Like 1

At $12/oz, that is a bit steep. You would have to use that by the drop for my purposes; to scent a room and the smell would have to loast a very long time to be worth it

13 minutes ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

At $12/oz, that is a bit steep. You would have to use that by the drop for my purposes; to scent a room and the smell would have to loast a very long time to be worth it

I've always thought the same, very steep! And if you want, (no pun) good scents, just use the real thing. Baby oil, baby powder, can be found everywhere. I especially like Johnson & Johnson's baby oil.

Yes, but you cannot them it in a bowl of water put on the radiator or the like to scent a room and they do not sell "Powder Fresh", or lilac or rose room scenters any more, and I am sick to death of lavender, which smells like a public bathroom anyway and candles, because of open flames, are out of the question. Mostolin has a very fake lilac that is all right but not really good

I am looking for something that can be used with an electric potpurri heater and this is the best I have found so far for baby powder

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=baby+powder+scent&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xbaby+powder+scent+oil.TRS2&_nkw=baby+powder+scent+oil&_sacat=0

If you want it on your body, Arm & Hammer makes a baby powder scented stick deoderant

3 hours ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

I am looking for something that can be used with an electric potpurri heater and this is the best I have found so far for baby powder

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=baby+powder+scent&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xbaby+powder+scent+oil.TRS2&_nkw=baby+powder+scent+oil&_sacat=0

If you want it on your body, Arm & Hammer makes a baby powder scented stick deoderant

Probably. There would not be much to say. Either I would like it or I would not, if it smells like Johnson's then I will like it, if not , then not

23 minutes ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

Probably. There would not be much to say. Either I would like it or I would not, if it smells like Johnson's then I will like it, if not , then not

Well, you might like the scent alright, but maybe it wouldn't