LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When was the last time you had a tape fail?

Xander

Tape Troubles or Not?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. When was the last time you had a tape fail?

• My diaper's wrapped in duct tape as I read this!
    • Within a month
    • Within 3 months
    • Within 6 months
    • Within a year
    • It's a non issue for me
    • I only wear cloth or pullups
  2. 2. Was your last tape failure on a quality or economy product?

• Quality < $1.50 ea.
    • Middle of the road < $1.00 ea.
    • Economy > $0.99 ea.
    • I already told you, my diapers don't have tapes!
  3. 3. Have you experienced tape failures with diapers you've purchased recently? (Please comment if you feel it's due to poor manufacturing).

• Yes, within a month
    • Yes within 3 months
    • No
    • Ok I just double checked for you, no my diaper still hasn't grown tapes....

I used to have a lot of tape problems years back, then I discovered I was at the root of most of it. I now only apply barrier cream with a rubber glove, am extremely careful with powder and only put my diaper on with surgeon hands (thoroughly cleaned and dried). Oils, lotion or powder on your hands easily transfer on to the landing zone and compromise the tapes ability to do it's job. Another problem I had was that I use moisturizer after a shower and the lotion under my forearm was transferring to the diaper, so I had to include that into my ritual. It's now extremely rare for me to have a tape issue. I do credit that partially to the brands I buy.

However when I went through my tape troubles, I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out if it was me or the diaper. For instance, I've never had any luck wit the dry 24/7's, I've tried a few times, last year being the most recent. I'm interested to see who has had tape issues with what brands? Also please include when the diapers were purchased as companies are always making changes to their products and may have since improved (or degraded).

On a separate note, If you are having tape issues, try the above. Also, after the tapes are applied, I always rub all four of them quickly to generate friction/heat to help the glue out. Then while firmly pressing all four tapes, I sit up and wiggle around to give the diaper an initial stretch so all the tension isn't on the tape. So how are your tapes treating you?

• Like 1

I use Tender super #4 . I find the tapes are not grat thay often tear of and sum times don't stick at all but they are cheap and take a lot of liquid. I wear one every night and seldom have to change before morning.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

I recently (this month) had a couple of tapes on Tranquility ATN's Fail me. I think in my case though it was due to the sizing because I think I need Larges in those instead of Mediums. I too am careful when putting on rash cream & powder. Out of curiousness Zander, what cream do you use & does it easily wash off the rubber gloves?

33 minutes ago, Rockies Fan in Diapers said:

I recently (this month) had a couple of tapes on Tranquility ATN's Fail me. I think in my case though it was due to the sizing because I think I need Larges in those instead of Mediums. I too am careful when putting on rash cream & powder. Out of curiousness Zander, what cream do you use & does it easily wash off the rubber gloves?

Hi Rockies, I go back and forth between Balmex and Bourdeaux's. And no it doesn't wash off of anything easily lol. I should clarify, I use disposable gloves and carefully peel them off so I don't get any cream on my fingers or wrists.

3 hours ago, Rockies Fan in Diapers said:

Thanks for the clarification Xander. I use Desitin myself & it doesn't wash off easily either.

When I change I do use Zest as it doesn't have any moisturizer and it helps strip off the barrier a lot better. Then I use moisturizing soap after that (with a lot of fragrance lol).

• Like 1

Never had any problems with Tena's, even when they are a tight fit and/or really to small

Often have problems with other brands, but mainly cause I choose sizes that often are to small, cause the bigger ones are to big

Medium fits me, so and so, but large would fit me better so I'm not gonna name/shame any brands

• 1 month later...

My problem is im a big (read fat as hell) guy XL+ padding is required so to keep the padding on i got to tape it tightly or it sags and falls off....which leads to tapes popping when i sit which because im a trucker is 24/7 almost, So i keep duct tape handy.

• 5 months later...

I've not had a tape fail once stuck down, but I've had a few tape failures where they've had issues trying to use them initially.      In one brand (Wings), I've peeled off the whole thing it is stuck to in other cases (Dry24?) it comes off the diaper entirely.

I bought ABU Simple tape it diapers AS-IS and I still have a few packs left. I got them because they were on sale and I knew I would have to use mailing tape to hold them in place when the tape fails. I have had these diapers for months and only use them for back up.