LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How open are you about ABDL?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A closed mouth gathers no foot

• Like 1

2 only my wife and kids (not really kids anymore 20yrs/16 yrs old) know,and I don' t want anyone else to know.If I go out of town or travel overseas I wear and then I could not care who sees me in diapers the chance I will run into them ever again is rather slim.

• 8 months later...

1 for me. I like to keep it to myself. It's easier, that way. And besides, I have no way of answering the obvious question "Why".  "Because" is an accurate answer, but incomplete.  "It's fun" sounds preposterous. I just don't want to talk about it, which is why I like the internet and forums such as this one. 

Virtually my entire life I have been urinary incontinent. From age 3-12 my bladder was tiny and over-active. My Mom would ask me nicely to wear 'just-in-case' diapers on trips and for special events. It was during those years I learned that when you need diapers this is not a secret that can always be successfully kept.

When I reverted to bedwetting at puberty and lost my day control a few weeks before I turned 21 I did what I could to be discreet and circumspect but I never tried to keep my need for diapers a big secret. Any friend visiting our family home could see stacks of diapers. At puberty I shared a room with my youngest sister who still was diapers nearly all the time, so there was a large changing table in our room. As an adult I make no secret of being urinary incontinent.

For me ABDL is a coping strategy. Since I must wear diapers 24/7 I might as well enjoy them. However, I avoid telling outsiders that I enjoy playing as an AB. On-Line I have participated freely in ABDL websites since I joined DPF in late 1990, just before websites were invented. I have met perhaps 200 people in person who have communicated with me about diapers on-line, about half of those being non-ABDL incontinent.

I would say quit open.

I told a lot of people about me being a diaper lover and wearing diapers. Most of them if not all know the absolute truth, well over twenty people by now. I found that if the circumstances are right, the situation allows you too and you have enough time to explain what it is, what is does for you and above all how helps you along in life or cope with it, people tend to understand far more than one would expect in the first place. Of the upmost importance is you need to approach it in a descent, mature and orderly matter. Keep the story to yourself and about yourself. Never over exaggerate, make it bigger than what it really is, they might see through it or consider it a lie and all of a sudden all trust is gone. Never force to tell your story. You will have to determine if the time is right, the trust is there and if the person you are going to tell it too is willing to listen (maybe even for a long time) and is open minded enough. Nobody else can do that but you. So far I never had a negative response. It is just that over the years and mostly during serious real-life conversations the conversation let to it, in never ever sat down with someone and said: ”you know what I have a great story to tell” or just tossed it out there. If you are going to tell it to somebody be prepared to answer some questions they might have and never turn it in to a rush job. You’ll have to close the conversation completely leave no open ends, otherwise the person you’ve just told might start to fill in the blanks something you don’t want to happen. Maybe it is easier just being a diaper lover such as in my case for I have no desire to regress, age play or being take care off. Last thing I would like to add if you are happy keeping it all to yourself, keep it that way. I told a lot of people in my direct vicinity to lift burdens of off my shoulders, for me and so far it worked out pretty well.

On 3/13/2017 at 8:40 AM, BabyJune said:

Id have to go with minus 1. It is my deepest, darkest secret. All my life I've worked with young children--mostly very young girls--and it wouldn't go over too well if people knew that I was a diaper lover as well as (how to put it) a very youthful crossdresser.

I should have thought of -1! Being as my job is in education, and I have students of all ages, I really don't want to risk the news becoming public. And that's why I haven't revealed where I live, and use a pseudonym.

• Like 1

2. so far the only people i've told in real life are a woman at an abdl store who doesn't know my name, and my therapist (though we haven't really talked about it yet)

About 4 or 5, I've told a few of my close friends but I will never tell my family. I'm actually pretty open about it to them, to the point where I'll answer any questions they have. I'm not ashamed for who I am, and if you can't accept something that doesn't exactly effect you, we don't need to be friends. 

I would say 2 i like to keep it private but might tell people if i think its necessary. like my mom when i was living at home so she wouldnt think something was wrong if she ever noticed me wearing one or found one or my therapist when kinks where brought up.

• 5 weeks later...

I will continue an earlier answer.  I am very closed about my kinks around family, neighbors, coworkers, vanilla friends.  I feel no good can come out of discussing or disclosing my age play  likes.  But around kinky types, i am very open and have gone to baby camps last 12 summers.  I have also been active in other kink events and shown my like for wearing diapers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LilFozzyJ5 said:

A regretful 3.

Told my wife, brother, two cousins and two friends. None of them have worked out well.

Never going to tell anyone else

Here you go!  Those who say to others, "Just be yourself, tell others and don't worry about it", THIS!  I've never seen any reason to just come out and tell family, friends, coworkers that you like to wear diapers.  I feel you have a lot more to lose than you have to gain, including the respect people may have had for you.  It's different if you have to wear for medical reasons and you just can't hide that fact from people around you, but to come out and tell them you have a fetish for wearing diapers and you like to wear and wet them, that could not go over well.  What do you expect to gain by telling people about your diapers?  That they will participate with you in wearing diapers?  That they will offer to change you?  That you can openly wear them around friends and family?  Do your friends openly wear their underpants in front of you?  Do they say, "I buy my BVD's 2 sizes smaller because I love the super tight feeling on my dick and balls!"?  Even if they are accepting of the fact you like to wear and use diapers, they will never see you the same way again.  You will always be known to them as the friend or cousin who likes wearing diapers.  Just because the diaper fetish is so strongly imbedded in your own life, that doesn't mean your friends and relatives are into it!  You ever have a friend who is really into a hobby that he constantly talks about it all the time and you are bored to death and therefore dread it when you see him coming and try to avoid him?  That's because he is really into it and you are not.  Same applies to your diapers.  You are really into them but friends and others (aside from people on sites like this) are not.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 3/11/2017 at 3:32 PM, JazzyPazzazy said:

On a scale of 1-10, (one being none, ten being completely.) how open are you with vanilla people or friends and family? I know a lot of people are super uncomfortable with others knowing, but I also know a few that are open. How do you feel about it? :3

an 8

I've only shared it non-anonymously with one other person in my entire life. We met on Tumblr and I was overjoyed to find someone else like me, so I ended up disclosing to her and we talked about it a little (she also recommended Pull-Ups Goodnites to me.) We don't talk any more, unfortunately.

Unless I was extremely close to someone and had an established trust around kink stuff I see no need to share it with anyone who isn't my therapist or a future romantic partner.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:13 AM, rusty pins said:

Here you go!  Those who say to others, "Just be yourself, tell others and don't worry about it", THIS!  I've never seen any reason to just come out and tell family, friends, coworkers that you like to wear diapers.  I feel you have a lot more to lose than you have to gain, including the respect people may have had for you.  It's different if you have to wear for medical reasons and you just can't hide that fact from people around you, but to come out and tell them you have a fetish for wearing diapers and you like to wear and wet them, that could not go over well.  What do you expect to gain by telling people about your diapers?  That they will participate with you in wearing diapers?  That they will offer to change you?  That you can openly wear them around friends and family?  Do your friends openly wear their underpants in front of you?  Do they say, "I buy my BVD's 2 sizes smaller because I love the super tight feeling on my dick and balls!"?  Even if they are accepting of the fact you like to wear and use diapers, they will never see you the same way again.  You will always be known to them as the friend or cousin who likes wearing diapers.  Just because the diaper fetish is so strongly imbedded in your own life, that doesn't mean your friends and relatives are into it!  You ever have a friend who is really into a hobby that he constantly talks about it all the time and you are bored to death and therefore dread it when you see him coming and try to avoid him?  That's because he is really into it and you are not.  Same applies to your diapers.  You are really into them but friends and others (aside from people on sites like this) are not.

I’m not so sure about that (or maybe I’ve just been lucky enough to have open minded friends), because I can’t recall one time that I told any of my friends that I wear diapers that it went badly. Almost all my close friends know that I wear diapers and most of them have seen me wearing my diapers, some have even gotten me diapers as presents. I had friends who were couch surfing for a couple of months and when I got home from work my pants were off and I was wearing diapers openly, no difference in the way they treated me (that was at least 12 years ago and we’re still friends). I also am friends with a couple who insist that I am openly diapered when I go over to their house (her nickname for me is ‘baby Mikey’) and he was the one who told her that I wear diapers and once she knew she had to see me in them. 

• 2 weeks later...

It depends, everyone knows about my diapers; my roommates know, my parents know, and my friends know that i wear diapers. As for being an adult baby and my things that come with that like pacifiers and baby clothes are a secret from everyone except my girlfriend of course.