LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cheap Start

heyjude

I have tried making waterproof pants out of shower curtain material, but sewing on vinyl will make it rip easily and the pants or covers won't last. Yes, it is cheap but not durable. The best long-term thing to do is buy polyurethane laminate--also called PUL. It is about $10 a yard and is 56-60" wide. My waterproof pants last for years. I use standard elastic in a casing for the waistband and fold-over elastic at the leg openings. (You have to stretch it as you sew--a bit tricky but it works). Also, when sewing PUL, it is best to use a ball-point (or also called jersey) needle in the machine.

No matter how high quality the shower curtain, unless it is backed with some sort of fabric like PUL is, it will most likely rip along the sewing line.

Rearz/AC Medical are sewn seams and elastics. I have had some for nearly 5 years and they have not ripped, I have had a pair or two that came unsown or the elastic has had one of its threads undo but that is rare. You could reinforce the seams with Goop Marine glue in strategic areas and it helps if you use a material that is thick enough to be strong enough

On 3/14/2017 at 8:50 AM, BabyJune said:

I have tried making waterproof pants out of shower curtain material, but sewing on vinyl will make it rip easily and the pants or covers won't last. Yes, it is cheap but not durable. The best long-term thing to do is buy polyurethane laminate--also called PUL. It is about $10 a yard and is 56-60" wide. My waterproof pants last for years. I use standard elastic in a casing for the waistband and fold-over elastic at the leg openings. (You have to stretch it as you sew--a bit tricky but it works). Also, when sewing PUL, it is best to use a ball-point (or also called jersey) needle in the machine.

No matter how high quality the shower curtain, unless it is backed with some sort of fabric like PUL is, it will most likely rip along the sewing line.

I have tried it and had some success. But I know it's not a long term solution. Thank you for the advice!! I will definitely keep that info handy as I proceed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As I understand, some of the earliest plastic panties were homemade during the wartime rubber shortage and this is how the transition from rubber began. I had both as I was approaching 3 years old in 1948

• 1 month later...

In 1944, my mother was admired by our relations for making rubber pants for me, and a cousin, out of a discarded military inner tube.