LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rash control

I seldom get diaper rash but I have been battling a nasty rash the past month or so. I tend to get rashes when I wear disposables for multiple days in a row. I prefer cloth but it isn't always possible for me to wear cloth out of the home. I suffer from a neurogenic bladder so I need to wear protection 24/7. In the past I used Triple Paste diaper rash ointment which usually cleared up any rash within 24 hours. It isn't working on the rash I have now. I've tried

As a rule , I try and get some air time laying on a bed pad for a couple of hours each day ( my bed is fully protected, the bed pad is just an absorbent layer if I void.

If normal rash cream is not helping it could be a yeast rash, you could try something like Monistat

The one thing that keeps from getting a rash is actually quite simple. I wear 24/7 and the one thing that works wonders for me is to drink enough fluids. I found that as soon as my urine becomes to concentrated I am prone to develop a rash, drink enough and I have no issues.

I would also suggest it's likely a yeast rash. To fix it up fast, get some Miconazole Nitrate 4% cream. Dry the area thoroughly (zero heat blow dryer is useful), and the apply the cream, twice daily. It'll be gone in a 2-4 days.

I seldom use a barrier cream. I seldom get a rash which leads me to believe this reoccurring rash is due to a yeast infection or something similar. The triple paste normally clears up even the nastiest rashes inside of a day or two. I do tend to get rashes after wearing disposables for a few days. Thanks for the suggestions. If I have to I will see my physician.

Having spend the vast majority of my life in diapers I notice I develop three different types of rashes: Allergy, Diaper Dermatitis, and Yest Infection.

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. I have to be sure to use pampers sensitive wipes as all others will cause a nasty allergy rash, same goes for some types of lotions, soaps, and baby power. If I develop an allergy rash (the most common for me) it usually responds well to topical steroid creams - either over-the-counter (cortisol) or Rx. Here I have to be careful because steroid creams will exacerbate yest infections.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Calmoseptine cream has been my rash cure for years. Makes a cooling sensation where it's applied. Takes a little getting use to but heals fast. It won't cure a fungal rash but will knock out regular diaper rash