LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So Being an AB/DL is likely hard-wired, is the same true if you're a daddy/mommy?

I've been thinking about this for awhile. It has been discussed pretty thoroughly that being an AB/DL is likely hard-wired into us, it's who we are. I'm wondering if it's the same way for mommies & daddies. I can see the possibilities where it may & may not be hard wired, I'm just curious. Based on some posts that I've seen from various mommy/daddy members here & how some of them seem to get a lot of pleasure/satisfaction from being a mommy/daddy, much like we AB/DL's get our satisfaction being who we are.

Rockies Fan.

I've never thought about that. Great! Thanks! Something else to occupy my thoughts. Just kidding. Very good question though. It will be interesting to see the replies. I know that being a little is very much a part of who I am. Now, curious to find out about how mommies/daddies feel about who they are.

• Like 1

This is an interesting point. Most of us realise intrinsically that ABDL is something we grow up with and picked up well before we remember, even as pre-schoolers. As a parent (and grandparent) the parental urge is very strong, very natural and almost ubiquitous. So does that play into the parent/child AB relationship?

Avoid "hard-wired" constructs when referring to behaviors. Psychophysiologically it is a bit bogus since the discover of "neuroplasticisity" where parts of the brain reconfigure to meet behaviors. This was first isolated by 1973 by experiments which showed that as some physcial skills were learned, cells in the Cerebellum would change physically, it is also the basis of stroke therapy where other parts of othe brain change to facilitate the behaviors that the damages sections were doing

Philosophically it is akin to racism by attributiong behaviors to physical properties. Racism, as differentiated from prejudice and bigotry held that some persons were superior or inferior by reason of some physiological characteristic. In the other manifestation is is the "I can't help it, that's the way I'm wired". The flip side of this is "Since you can't help it that you are [whatever] than that renders you incompetent to run the [whatever] aspect of your life and we must do it for you". It is also inimical to the idea of free will and free choice and is one of many variants of what is called "determinism"

Existentially once you go down that road then anything can be justified or vilified on that basis. This was the kind of thing that made Jesse Jackson say in the late 1980's or early '90's that it was "unfair" to ask Blacks to show up for work at a fixed time because that property is "white". At that point it has reached the level of racism I since he expressed the characteristics in terms of race) to absurdity. It is illustrative of the phrase "Once you open a can of worms, you need a larger can to re-can them"

The best refutation of determinism came from Noam Chamsky who said in answering that kind of thing in his critique of BEYOND FREEDOM AND DIGNITY (B. F. Skinner) "How do we know that what you say has value and that you are not just conditioned to say that?" well, if I accept the notion of hard-wired determinism for other than simple reflexes, How do I know that you are not just hard-wired to say or believe that? Therefore, what you say has not referents to truth but only reflects what you are compelled to say by your physiology. By 1975, the long-cherished notion of "enviromental determinism" was replaced by "environmental fit" and evolutionary studies point to the same thing in biology ESPEICLLY the discovery of neuroplasty

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

Avoid "hard-wired" constructs when referring to behaviors. Psychophysiologically it is a bit bogus since the discover of "neuroplasticisity" where parts of the brain reconfigure to meet behaviors. This was first isolated by 1973 by experiments which showed that as some physcial skills were learned, cells in the Cerebellum would change physically, it is also the basis of stroke therapy where other parts of othe brain change to facilitate the behaviors that the damages sections were doing

Philosophically it is akin to racism by attributiong behaviors to physical properties. Racism, as differentiated from prejudice and bigotry held that some persons were superior or inferior by reason of some physiological characteristic. In the other manifestation is is the "I can't help it, that's the way I'm wired". The flip side of this is "Since you can't help it that you are [whatever] than that renders you incompetent to run the [whatever] aspect of your life and we must do it for you". It is also inimical to the idea of free will and free choice and is one of many variants of what is called "determinism"

Existentially once you go down that road then anything can be justified or vilified on that basis. This was the kind of thing that made Jesse Jackson say in the late 1980's or early '90's that it was "unfair" to ask Blacks to show up for work at a fixed time because that property is "white". At that point it has reached the level of racism I since he expressed the characteristics in terms of race) to absurdity. It is illustrative of the phrase "Once you open a can of worms, you need a larger can to re-can them"

The best refutation of determinism came from Noam Chamsky who said in answering that kind of thing in his critique of BEYOND FREEDOM AND DIGNITY (B. F. Skinner) "How do we know that what you say has value and that you are not just conditioned to say that?" well, if I accept the notion of hard-wired determinism for other than simple reflexes, How do I know that you are not just hard-wired to say or believe that? Therefore, what you say has not referents to truth but only reflects what you are compelled to say by your physiology. By 1975, the long-cherished notion of "enviromental determinism" was replaced by "environmental fit" and evolutionary studies point to the same thing in biology ESPEICLLY the discovery of neuroplasty

I think you are overlooking what people are actually saying and that this is a forum and not a medical journal. The points being made are generally accurate regarding the 'hard-wired' nature of ABDL without being literally 'wired'.

I know exactly what you mean, when you say it is hard-wired but it is not wired, I think

I've probably used the term "wired" in the past, when perhaps a better term would be "organized" or "arranged" in discussing the way we think and feel about our various attractions or kinks.

• Like 1

You could say "deep seeded" but it lacks the deterministic implications that "hard wired" means but implies some degree of choice to continue as you are. which is more human, though; captain of your soul or puppet of your physical makeup? it is reminiscent of the 17 year old girl who vascillates between "being her own person" and "finding her destiny" when she meets an attractive boy

On ?3?/?9?/?2017 at 1:33 AM, Pampertimmy said:

I've never thought about that. Great! Thanks! Something else to occupy my thoughts. Just kidding. Very good question though. It will be interesting to see the replies. I know that being a little is very much a part of who I am. Now, curious to find out about how mommies/daddies feel about who they are.

Ha-ha! Sorry, being an (often overthinking) Introvert, I do a lot of thinking of unusual things, that others often don't think about. It wasn't intentional, believe me, I often wish that I didn't think as much as I do, lol.

17 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

I would agree that 'hard-wired' is an inadequate term, although to be fair, I think it was used reasonably, if not fully accurately in this context. ABDL is not genetic nor an instinct. Our research demonstrates that regression is a growing and developing response to the failure to navigate or complete a step of young childhood development that creates 'fixations'. We are constantly dragged back to this fixation in a vain attempt to resolve it.

3 hours ago, Rockies Fan in Diapers said:

Ha-ha! Sorry, being an (often overthinking) Introvert, I do a lot of thinking of unusual things, that others often don't think about. It wasn't intentional, believe me, I often wish that I didn't think as much as I do, lol.

I like this & yes, How I used the term "hard-wired" was how you suggested in this context. I couldn't think of another term that would accurately describe what I was trying to convey.

What you said made perfect sense in a context such as a forum. Even though it is not literally so, the effect for the majority of ABDLs is that it might as well be. If you are looking for answers or solutions on how to manage it, considering it as 'hard-wired' is helpful because it stops you considering the possibility of removing it - because it cant be done.

cheers!

• Like 1

To answer the original question concerning caregivers paths to this I hope my input may help.

I am a mother to a couple of littles and as you describe I get much joy from playing this role in their lives. The control and the teaching is wonderful and seeing their faces when they get attention is very rewarding. Is it something that is 'hard-wired'? A difficult question but being that I am unable to have my own children maybe this scene goes some way to fulfil my nurturing instincts? I obviously know the difference from looking after actual children to those in the ABDL scene but perhaps the actual emotion is connected.

• Like 1