LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is incontinence a disability?

Good question Spokane girl.

I don't think it is a disability. It is a condition you need to take care of only because people in modern societies have certain standards for personal hygiene.

My continence advisor considers it one and told me I was entitled to get a radar key and use the disabled toilets. I was once coming out having had to change my nappy and got a funny look from a middle aged woman. I just gave her a similar look back and said I am incontinent and have just had to change my pad.

19 hours ago, stevewet said:

My continence advisor considers it one and told me I was entitled to get a radar key and use the disabled toilets. I was once coming out having had to change my nappy and got a funny look from a middle aged woman. I just gave her a similar look back and said I am incontinent and have just had to change my pad.

Kind of is. Your employer has to make special exceptions for you and can't fire you it's kind of like a person whowwears glasses they can manage their problems with glasses just like we can manage ours by meds or diapers or catheters or surgeries. You can not get disabilitycchecks for incontinence a lone you have have other problems.. The government finds people who are unable to work is disabled and a IC person can work

6 hours ago, babyleanna75 said:

Kind of is. Your employer has to make special exceptions for you and can't fire you it's kind of like a person whowwears glasses they can manage their problems with glasses just like we can manage ours by meds or diapers or catheters or surgeries. You can not get disabilitycchecks for incontinence a lone you have have other problems.. The government finds people who are unable to work is disabled and a IC person can work

On a personal level, it's a disability only if you allow it to be one. You can still do almost anything diapered that you could do un-diapered so the rest in in your head ;)

In the US, legally it can be seen as a disability or not according to the situation being considered. Employers, landlords, and other public entities must not discriminate against those with incontinence but that only goes as far as making sure your special needs are accommodated. And that doesn't take much- a safe place to change or empty ostomy devices and somewhere to dispose of used products is enough as long as you're allowed to do that when necessary. But it also has to be taken into account that there are some jobs where your physical presence us mandated through the entire shift without cessation other than required breaks and meal-times, and in those cases you'll be expected to make reasonable accommodation for them when that's possible (larger bags, better diapers, etc) and you can be disallowed from leaving your position otherwise. When those situations aren't workable they can transfer you to an otherwise equal job more suitable for you if such a position exists, or you can ask for that. You can a;so be re-positioned temporarily to give them time to make needed changes to properly accommodate you in your regular position. If only lesser positions exist you can decline them but you'll likely be terminated and have to sue for compensation afterward.

Normally, urinary incontinence alone is not a problem which requires any exceptional accommodations but if there are other conditions involved (physical limitations or fecal incontinence) then incontinence has to also be taken into account as part of the whole, and those other disabilities will probably rate higher in laws covering the situation. I'm a prodigious wetter but even on my leakiest days my diapers can easily handle 4 hours use so a mid-day change is more than adequate, and actually I can usually stop for a change anytime so to me it's not a disability. In fact I see my being diapered as an asset since I no longer need to take frequent toilet breaks like I used to, and I can continue doing what I'm doing just like most other people do :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• Like 2

Spokane it has got to be so severethat you can not wwork or function. And has to be documented by doctors andif ssomeone tries to collect SSDI for it they will be turned down several times. It was hard for me to get SSDI for mental illness and bad back and the judge accepted my mental illness but told me my degenerative discs and the pain for my back was not debilitating and I would had to appeal if it weren't for my mental illness. I listed on the SSDI reditermination my mental illness and bad back and incontinence and blind in one eye and they told my payee that they might determine that

Over the years I've talked to various Doctors, Nurses, Surgeons and Continence advisors, all of them consider it a disability and list it as such on medical records, it is a physical condition but one that isn't seen so people without it never consider it as such. Recently in the UK, I've noted a lot of disabled facilities now have a sticker warning people that not all disabilities are visible, so at least here in the UK there's an attempt to help people with radar keys get less scorn walking out of disabled facilities.

On 12/03/2017 at 11:13 AM, NappyFairy said:

Over the years I've talked to various Doctors, Nurses, Surgeons and Continence advisors, all of them consider it a disability and list it as such on medical records, it is a physical condition but one that isn't seen so people without it never consider it as such. Recently in the UK, I've noted a lot of disabled facilities now have a sticker warning people that not all disabilities are visible, so at least here in the UK there's an attempt to help people with radar keys get less scorn walking out of disabled facilities.

My medical records state I am incontinent and enuretic due to diabetic

I'm incontinent and it didn't hamper me from working sure I had to stop what I was doing to change diapers.. I know people that have both sides of incontinence and still working. To flat out call it a disability is like calling someonewwith glasses disable. JJust likethey use gglasses as a tool to see weuuse medicine diapers or surgeries to cope with it. I also know people who are legally blind or deaf that work and don't claim to be disabled. What it comes down to is the will of the human. I filed for disability cause I was having trouble with the back and mental health to be able to support me yes that makes me disabled incontinence dose not stop me.

Hi

I wanna share my knowledge and experience here. Incontinence is NOT a disability in itself. Thirteen years ago my doctor told me I have a neurologic disability I had no idea i had until he told me and that message changed my life forever. I have had this disability since my childhood. My disability causes some neurologic symptoms like trouble with the fine motor skills, my balance, my speech, I feel dissy, my bloodsugar is sometimes falling etc. I also have a very troublesome dysfunctional incontinence that is very common together with neurologic disabilities. So NO incontinence is NOT a disability it is a SYMPTOM from a disability and that is a huge different. When my incontinence is worst my diapers are flooded in just an hour and I have to drink much fluid to avoid dehydration and dizziness and when I do that I am very happy I have a thick diaper on because I pee almost the same time I drink. I have attached 2 pics just thow show how thick diapers I use and these are 5 centimeters thick booster pads made of both cotton and jelly

• Like 1