LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rule about Underage Characters in Stories.

This subject comes up often, and I thought I had been clear; but we seem to have another instance where someone chased off a writer for a story with kids in it. While I am working to resolve that, I want to be extra clear about our rules:

Stories MAY contain underage characters so long as they are not included in sexual situations or descriptions.

I, myself, write such stories as I am an Adult Kid and I write from and for that perspective; and no member or other mod has the permission to change that rule. This is a rule that will not change as I obviously would not do something that would exclude me from a site I have invested nearly twenty years and tens of thousands of dollars into.

• Like 6

There was a website around somewhere that would tally the google hits for "SOMEWORD RULES" vs. "SOMERULES SUCK" and tell you what the internet sentiment on that topic was.

• DailyDi pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I was always very worried about how "Phone Conversation" would be received, particularly as it originated with a pubescent girl making the transformation, so I took extra care, writing in the first person and the past perfect tense, and using euphemisms wherever necessary.

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, freswith said:

I was always very worried about how "Phone Conversation" would be received, particularly as it originated with a pubescent girl making the transformation, so I took extra care, writing in the first person and the past perfect tense, and using euphemisms wherever necessary.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Question that I want to ask, since it's going to be relevant and, while I'm pretty sure I'm okay, I want to double check:

I'm currently planning a story (I've posted one chapter, but much of it is still in the planning stages,) that involves an adult character using magic to disguise themselves as a child for plot reasons that I'm not gonna bother explaining here.

• Like 1

I would have to check with the other admins but at a minimum I would say the magic should be reversed for any sexual situation. If a character is in an underage body, whether he is a child or in a child's body due to magic, regression or whatever else then it will very likely cause issues.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Elfy said:

I would have to check with the other admins but at a minimum I would say the magic should be reversed for any sexual situation. If a character is in an underage body, whether he is a child or in a child's body due to magic, regression or whatever else then it will very likely cause issues.

Gotcha. That's very doable, and won't cause any plot difficulty. Thanks!

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Elfy said:

• 1 month later...

I see it as anything overtly sexual. Any act that of touching each other in a sexual way is an automatic no-no... Things like spanking and stuff which can be sexual to some depends on how it is written. If a spanking is written without any talk of any sexual response then it's fine but if that spanking does have sexual connotations then there is an issue.

Yeah, as soon as you start talking about underage boys being punished by their parents and sprouting an erection during the process, you've pretty much crossed the line...

• Like 4
3 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Yeah, as soon as you start talking about underage boys being punished by their parents and sprouting an erection during the process, you've pretty much crossed the line...

I'd definitely agree with that, and I've unfortunately seen that before.

I personally think the 'adult' part of 'abdl' is necessary to remember

• 3 months later...

i have a question. right now I'm doing a story called Baby Care Class (remixed). one of the main characters is over 18 but is about 4 feet tall and is dressed as a baby (if you want to know why please just read the story) later on there was going to be a more sexual seen in the story, and I don't know if this counts or not. he's not a child or turned into a child, just dressed like one.

You'd have to get an official read by the staff members here, but I would think if the person is an adult who is dressed/treated like a baby, they are still an adult and sexual activity is fine.

If you have someone who is an adult and magically regressed to being a child, it would be inappropriate for someone to have sexual activity with him even if "in his mind" he was still an adult. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a good thread which came to mind after I got an email from the author (John Marshall) of his newest book. The book is essentially the story of growing up from age 3 to 16 with zero sexual connotation beyond mentioning that he discovered masturbation at 14 in his nappy and was a total of two sentences in a 40,000 word book. However, he made the mistake of posting about writing a book about his childhood on FetLife. As many would know, Fetlife is full of very unpleasant people with interesting ideas about what rules mean. So, even when not mentioning his book, he referred to the fact that he grew up as a child in nappies.  the word 'child' got him a lot of abuse and a ban.

I was sorry for him as he was quite angry and rightly so. However, I long ago realised that many people in fetlife just hang around there to get angry about something or other.

Clearly, our current world makes writing about children in any situation that may be sexual in nature, a very difficult one to do. But as long as we keep our minds intact, leave our biases and ignorance at the door, its not that hard to do. I have had a few people now submit stories or ideas to me for publication on our site and under our banner. I've always said that any mention of children and sexual situations is a no-no, simply because it is too easy to offend people. And to be honest, too much sex in a story makes it just like every body else's. Our two first-person narratives of growing up in nappies are entirely non-sexual - as they should be. One possible future book may include a mention of sexual abuse as a child. In this case, I will edit very carefully to ensure that it is done respectfully, appropriately and yet still making the incident the powerful one that it was.

Well done tho for having 'grown-up' attitudes to this issue in regards to writing. it is more rare than I would have hoped. DD continues to impress at a time when so many other places do not.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 9:35 PM, rosalie.bent said:

This is a good thread which came to mind after I got an email from the author (John Marshall) of his newest book. The book is essentially the story of growing up from age 3 to 16 with zero sexual connotation beyond mentioning that he discovered masturbation at 14 in his nappy and was a total of two sentences in a 40,000 word book. However, he made the mistake of posting about writing a book about his childhood on FetLife. As many would know, Fetlife is full of very unpleasant people with interesting ideas about what rules mean. So, even when not mentioning his book, he referred to the fact that he grew up as a child in nappies.  the word 'child' got him a lot of abuse and a ban.

I was sorry for him as he was quite angry and rightly so. However, I long ago realised that many people in fetlife just hang around there to get angry about something or other.

Clearly, our current world makes writing about children in any situation that may be sexual in nature, a very difficult one to do. But as long as we keep our minds intact, leave our biases and ignorance at the door, its not that hard to do. I have had a few people now submit stories or ideas to me for publication on our site and under our banner. I've always said that any mention of children and sexual situations is a no-no, simply because it is too easy to offend people. And to be honest, too much sex in a story makes it just like every body else's. Our two first-person narratives of growing up in nappies are entirely non-sexual - as they should be. One possible future book may include a mention of sexual abuse as a child. In this case, I will edit very carefully to ensure that it is done respectfully, appropriately and yet still making the incident the powerful one that it was.

Well done tho for having 'grown-up' attitudes to this issue in regards to writing. it is more rare than I would have hoped. DD continues to impress at a time when so many other places do not.

You are so correct Rosalie, I agree 100%.   In all of my stories, there is NO SEX, no mention of genitalia, no molestation, or masturbation.  No vulgarity, or profanity, and yet, I have been kicked off of ABDL sites when I post fantasy stories about myself when I was 6 to 9 months old.  (The age I see myself as a baby.)  I have protested and pointed out that my stories are G-Rated, and are loving stories about mommies changing my poopy diapers: which is not "obscene" or sexual because I have seen many a mom, lay a baby down on a table in public, and wipe their poopy bottoms.  This is normal, natural, and a part of everyday life.  But not so with some ABDL sites which says, "No depiction of anyone under 18." 

It is a moronic rule, especially in light of the fact that ALL of my stories are G-Rated.  

Thanks for your input Rosalie. 

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, we are developing an online community that exists simply to get offended over something real or imaginary, significant or trivial. Like most reasonable people, I support the protection of children and the appropriate mention and involvement of children in stories. But for some, the mere mention, not of 'a child' but of childhood specifically, triggers them into a meltdown of massive proportions.

Here is the truth. The Vast majority of ABDLs started their journey as literal pres-schoolers. Children. When they reach puberty they started to masturbate... usually in their nappies.Still Children. Now we dont need to talk about it except in very clinical terms but to simply ignore it and pretend it never happened is akin to believing that we were never children and that NONE of our ABDL nature began prior to turning 18 - a manifest lie.

Teen babies and even preteen babies can find the going pretty tough and while forums like this are off-limits to them, the least we can do is to acknowledge their existence and the legitimacy of their experiences.

And for goodness sake, stop being perpetually offended by the trivial and start focusing on real problems. 

Quite frankly I'm getting a little annoyed at the suggestions recently in several different threads and places that the only reason these rules exist is because people get offended. It's been the right of the political spectrum using it to dismiss the left in the past but more and more people just throw it out whenever they disagree with a rule. I wouldn't blame anyone for being offended about stories with underage/sexual content but that isn't why the rule exists.

Stop assuming any rule you disagree with has anything to do with whether it causes offence... The rule is in place more for legal reasons than anything else. Especially with the passing of recent laws in the US, UK and EU that makes things stricter.

Yes, any story featuring underage characters and anything approaching sexual situations will be scrutinised. Whether it is a whole story full of lurid description or just a couple of sentences in a large story, it makes no difference.

There is nothing trivial about rules created to keep this website online and keep it's members safe. It surprises me that this even needs to be discussed.

• Like 1

I think people who have a problem with under age characters when there is no sexual content are the sick ones because they are the ones sexualizing it so they are projecting. If you don't like underage characters, fine, don't read it. This is all sexual for you so therefore you can't read a story and not find it sexual when it's not supposed to be. 

Fetlife is very sexual and most ABDLs there did not get into it as children and they discovered it as adults so it's not part of who they are, to them this is just a hobby thing. They also get offended if you say this is part of who you are and you can't change it, same as if you are child like. They claim this is comparing it to being trans or gay. But there are groups there that allow these things. I am surprised I never got kicked out of groups for this. Many ABDLs there project. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...

One key piece of information I do not see in this thread:

What age is underage? Age of consent varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, with most being somewhere in the 15-21 span and others disturbingly lower.

I've joined solely because I felt inspired to write something and don't want to get anyone in trouble if I post it and find the jurisdictional differences are a problem. While the main character is in the more normal AOC span, I'd rather find out if there's a problem and tweak the story than cause problems for others.

Thanks