LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

just how bad are the new depends?

I tried the Old Depends with tabs quite thoroughly. They actually worked quite well with an Always ultimate pad stuffer. I could do two pees laying down one front one back. It feels really good after you turn over from peeing the front of the diaper. In addition it could also hold one more wetting while standing up. I also did a test sitting on a chair peeing with my right foot out as if driving. I am pretty sure it would only take one good pee while driving.

The new ones are not nearly as durable, but are they at least as absorbent?

The older Depends were actually pretty decent for their time. You know the ones, they came in that classic red and white bag with tapes you could refasten if need be. Several years later they changed their name to "Depend" and brought out green bags of 20 flatly made, paper mache napkins that smelled like cardboard. These things weren't diapers so much as torture devices, to see how long a bedwetter will put up with it before switching brands. Seriously, I don't understand the logic in cheapening such an important aid to so many. By this point Depend had established a whole line of incontinence products but their so-called "Maximum Protection" brief was failing to impress on every level. I switched over to the Tranquility brand 5 years ago and have never looked back.

I have been in and out of diapers for the past twenty-two years and I will tell you this- in my years of experiences with diapers- Depend is the worst- absolute worst- they leak, they don't fit a guy of my height very well- I stand over six-feet tall- and I had issues with them.

I think I'm one of the only ABs who actually doesn't mind cloth backed diapers. They're super cheap, and seeing as I wear for comfort and don't necessarily wet them often, that price is too hard to beat. Having said that though, I would NEVER go so low as to use depends. Literally all of their products are subpar, even their pull-ups! Every single cheap alternative I've used has been eons better than depends, I don't even know how they're still afloat! If nothing else, prevail or the walgreens brand diapers work well enough for my taste, and Always for pull-ups. They're not cute by any means, but they're cheap and they do the job. But never, EVER, get depends. We all deserve better than that

Good news, KC is bringing back the old plastic Depends due to low sales and consumer backlash, they are already out in S/M in some places.