The Big Debate: Cloth VS. Disposable

themitchyboy

Cloth Or Disposable Diapers?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Wear Cloth or Disposable Diapers? #TeamCloth #TeamDisposable

• Cloth Diapers
    • Disposable Diapers

On ?2?/?27?/?2017 at 11:08 PM, DiaperGadget said:

For me it's disposable. That's what the VA buys for me. I have thought of trying cloth. Have thought of trying to find camo print fabric to make camo diapers for myself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

What brand does the va send you?They send me the cheaps blue plastic diapers.once you tape them on you cant untape them.

What brand does the va send you?They send me the cheaps blue plastic diapers.once you tape them on you cant untape them.

They have been getting me the Molicare Super Plus for me and a few others at my VA. It took a ton of work to get them. I would go to the patient advocate if the pharmacy won't help get you a better diaper. That's were to start anyway. If you want you can PM me and I will try and help with what I can.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I grew up wearing cloth diapers - BUT, in addition to being put into disposables during a hospital stay, I remember feeling jealous of kids who got to wear Pampers.

So now I wear disposables because I decide the sorts of diapers I wear! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I wear medical looking disposable diapers as it comes to disposable ones, also makes it easier to explain if they are seen by someone else. Whenever I can I will put a cloth diaper over my disposable and top it off with a snug fitting plastic pant. At the moment I wear Attends regular M10. However, if I would have a choice I would wear nothing but cloth and a plastic pant, for I like the looks, the feel and the performance much better. The poll is short on options I think. my vote went to cloth.

Disposables are what I am relegated to at this point, and it's acceptable. Preference is nice thick cloth diapers, especially overnight, and plastic pants for that real "out of the past" feel for me.

• 1 month later...

A side issue. If you switched, which way. Do more switch from paper to cloth or cloth to paper, presuming you could do either with the same amount of ease; reasonable access to a washer being the key

On 3/28/2018 at 2:04 PM, Little Christine said:

A side issue. If you switched, which way. Do more switch from paper to cloth or cloth to paper, presuming you could do either with the same amount of ease; reasonable access to a washer being the key

If I were going to switch, I'd change to wearing real cloth diapers; either gauze or birds eye. 

• 1 month later...

I wear cloth prefolds with plastic pants 90% of the time and disposables the other 10%. I can't spend more than a few hours in a disposable diaper without getting a nasty rash. I never get a rash from wearing cloth diapers. I know that cloth diapers are bulkier than disposables but I dress appropriately so that it is difficult to tell. I really don't care if anyone notices anyway. I don't have control of my bladder so I wear a diaper. I don't have 20/20 vision so I wear glasses. I wear disposables mostly when we travel. I use Triple Paste anti diaper rash cream when wearing disposables as it helps with the rashes

• 6 months later...

Cloth! I used to wear disposables, since they're easier to find. However, I eventually switched to cloth. They're environmentally friendly, save a lot of money in the long run, and I never run out! There's also no danger of someone finding one in the trash can. 

• Like 1

I can just imagine the toxins you are pumping into the atmosphere just from human waste alone, or if that is not the case the great expense to avoid that. There is also the waste of resources that could be otherwise used, by single-use items. My diapers are 9 years old with moderate use about 2 to 4 times a week and are still going strong so the unit/usage price is lower since it is not 1 unit; 1 use. Tthe cleaning aspect is not much of a cost since I clean many at once It is mostly a closed cycle system with the part that is not closed-cycle bled off into pre-existing stable facilities and processes that are made for mass waste disposal anyway. It is based on a system that was stable for over a century that handled the largest increase in human population and certainly American population; the Baby Boom, before or since. Throw-aways are always changing and each change is "new and improved" and how many persons here complain that they cannot get what they had 5 years ago. I have what I had 65 years ago. when you factor in ALL the costs, including the "hidden" costs; making; material, engineering, labor that could go to other activities, security (contamination; how many of them spend time in third-world places, and physical), storage, shipping, shelf-space, 1 use per unit " which holds whether the unit fails or does not: and if you think you do not need some kind of panty over it, read some of the accounts of failure, which specific incidents are unpredictable. Murphy's Law is an absolute, special "post consomer" expenses usually hidden costs borne by taxpayers; safe containment/disposal, contamination risk management, and others, on a per-unit basis, these are, given the "bang for the buck", even at the lowest unit quality, luxury items with an elephantine footbrint