LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

incontinence and SRS in transfemales

nikkijo

im preop, currently but looking to SRS later this year but im pretty well incontinent at this point. im not worried if the incontinence gets worse but im concerned about healing and plausible infection??any thing i should be worried about or be doing once im healing

At the time of SRS I was a bett wetter with occasional daytime accidents. After SRS I had a catheter for four weeks. After a revision, continence worsened so that I wear 24/7 today. After 10 years I was hospitalized through an accident he nurse asked me if she may wash be before changing the in the morning.

kolibri1.jpg

im 24/7 already, i SOMETIMES can make it the maybe 40 ft from my desk to the bathroom with enough time to get clothes off and that IF i get any urge at all.... i use pullup style durring day and tape on diapers at night and havent had a dry night in approx 4 mo.... maybe 6... so the ability to function after healing is a concern, as well as working ASAP after surgery atleast in a light duty fassion

will be talking to dr soon and get their best suggestion

• 5 months later...

My srs was done by brassard in Montreal. It was wonderful. I may have to go back for some revision as I'm very tight. I do get frequent UTIs from wearing diapers. Really uncomfortable. Attention to hygiene and not staying too long in your dirty diaper will reduce this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2017 at 8:00 AM, nitewets said:

My srs was done by brassard in Montreal. It was wonderful. I may have to go back for some revision as I'm very tight. I do get frequent UTIs from wearing diapers. Really uncomfortable. Attention to hygiene and not staying too long in your dirty diaper will reduce this.

Also a Brassard girl here. I also get very frequent UTIs, mainly from wearing diapers. My urologist thinks it is how the urethra graft healed. My partner, who went to another surgeon, her urethral graft healed almost perfectly, mine... didn't really.  I've pondered exploring seeing if there is any way to revise the urethral graft, but my urologist is also super worried it may make things worse for me. In the mean time, I have a daily low dose of trimethoprim which has largely helped keep UTIs away.  I was actually REALLY lucky for a couple years, and didn't get any UTIs until I decided to take a bath while on a business trip overseas. :(

On 10/16/2017 at 3:14 AM, ozziebee said:

Hi all,

It's taken a bit of courage to subscribe here, delurk, all that.

I'm 20+ years post-op, and going on most of 2 years now I'd been urine spotting into my knickers.

Welcome!

I hate to even think about this, but it is not exactly... uncommon. I fear long international flights because typically I'll leak a little, and really don't want to try and wear diapers on stupidly long flights. :(

9 hours ago, DiaperedJulia said:

Welcome!

I hate to even think about this, but it is not exactly... uncommon. I fear long international flights because typically I'll leak a little, and really don't want to try and wear diapers on stupidly long flights. :(

Hmm.. it seems my original post got cut off by the forum issues a few weeks back.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.  Yes, I've had a few issues myself with long flights.  Went overseas recently, and ended up having to change my knickers at the destination airport, as they were damp/wet.  Not from a wetting accident, but just drips and leaks over time.  Even though I'm DL, I'd not once thought to wear either pullups or nappies...

When I came back home, I ended up quickly going 24/7 using pullups due to those leaks, but at work.  Female pads weren't cutting it any more :(   Now, I'm flooding most of the time, so nappies it is at home, and pullups at work (because i'm too afraid to wear nappies at work due to logistics).

I went to see an urologist recently about the spotting, and also increasingly slow flow issues.  I initially thought it was an enlarged prostate, but that's now not the case.  My urologist diagnosed stress IC, strictures, and OAB.

I've now a history of strictures.  After the original SRS surgery, my flow was strong, but all over the place, including outside the toilet bowl.  So 6 months later, I went back for a bit of revision surgery, and to have an urethral dilation.  That fixed the flow issues.

My spotting started a few years ago, and for a while now I've been having flow issues again, this time with slow flow, with bladder spasms.  After surgery on Thursday, my urologist stated I had strictures again, that they did a dilation during the cystoscopy exam (I was put under GA for it), and that my urethra size is max 14fr (which seems quite narrow).  She even mentioned that it looks like I'll need an urethra reconstruction, whatever that means. I was very tight before the cystoscopy.

Post the recent dilation, my flow seems a bit stronger, but the releases I can't stop or slow mid-stream.  I'm also finding I'm getting a bit of post-void dribbling too which can last almost as long as the main release.

As for UTI's, I haven't had any *touch wood*