LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Thick Are You Diapered

For discreet wear in revealing situations a decent hybrid is about the limit of thickness, my current preference being the Tena Slip Classic, plus a tummy control pantie / body scupt brief. This involves changing every few hours and avoiding floods towards the end of the wear period. Most of the time at work and play I wear a full-thickness plastic-backed nappy such as an M4 or Betterdry, with plastic pants and brief. If you know what you are looking for, you can see it through my jeans, but I don't think anybody really notices. It is about the minimum capacity that will allow more or less complete freedom - the ability to wet as often and as heavily as I want, and change when it's convenient, without having to think or worry about leaks.

For extra capacity, e.g. when visiting places where it will be difficult to change, or if my liquid output is likely to be high, I put one or two, occasioanally three overlapping high capacity booster pads inside. This does increase the bulk quite visibly, especially when wet, so I only use them where necessary. Boosters at the back also reduce the available space in the nappy for doing a poo, although an extended-wear situation would also generally be one where I have to try and wait until I am back near changing facilities before doing it. If I have to poo I will sometimes slip the rear booster(s) out first.

A similar level of padding is my preference for night, often using a top-tier nappy such as a Dry 24/7 with two boosters, safely covered by a fuller-fitting waterproof pant with a high waist such as the Gary. It's nice to be able to feel the nappy there at all times, as the comfort and security seem to improve sleep quality. An alternative that I have tried recently is the highest absorbency iD-Slip which has a generous wide crotch area and good capacity, with the very full-cut but low capacity Lille Classic plastic backed nappy over the top. This is about the only double configuration I use, as it combines the bulk of the iD-Slip which unfortunately has a fabric-style backing, and the lovely thick, full plastic backing of the Lille to give the extra protection against leaks and seepage.

I cannot wear cloth due to my unpredictable work schedule. Travel at short notice, lots of overnight stops, never quite sure what is round the corner. I can carry an ample supply of disposables amongst my luggage, but managing laundry and maintaining availability of a stock of cloth nappies at all times would be a nightmare. The need to carry around wet and especially dirty nappies, even if I've used disposable liners to contain and remove the worst of the mess, makes it a non-starter. I have considered wearing cloth at night for the comfort factor and superior wicking performance, even experimented with bath towels a few times, but the logistics are still hard to handle. If I want to play at being a little girl and have a really thick nappy, I will fold towels to go over my disposable and wear oversize plastic pants That way I can enjoy the bulk while wetting and messing conveniently into the disposable.

• 5 years later...

For me, it would largely depend upon my behavior and diaper status. If I'm bratty and I make a HUGE stink in my diaper. I would be changed and be put in a super thick diaper with 4 to 6 boosters and that would ensure I am kept in diapers. That I can't hide from them and I can't even put pants on. It would even force me to waddle or crawl on all fours like a baby.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The standard of value of thickness is "can you cross or close your legs above the knee?" if the answer is 'yes"  then the diaper is not thick enough. Also, with cloth, the wetness is spread across the whole diaper and through that thickness. Not only is the part between the legs "thick" from being pushed together, but there are several layers of material. So the diaper absorbs vertically as well as horizontally.

Now, because of the rubber diaper line that has a hole btween my legs, the wetn empties out there. It seeps through the cloth until it reaches the rubber panty on the outside of it. Having nowhere else to go, it runs along the outside of the diaper and is absorbed so the diaper wets from the outside in. There is also a layer of wetproof material between the inside of the diaper and my body so about 90+% of my chastity area is dry even if the diaper is very wet. TGhe other side is that I must stand up to wet, which is how the babyDoll diaper is used to train a little to want to be dry and the rubber diaper makes you have feelings thatyou cannot really ignore, so you will want to be out of diapers sooner than later,k which helps training and also makes it useful for chastizement or to make an overactive little girl less so as she will fidget much less to keep from having feelings that distract her all the time