LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What do you need to start cloth diapering 24/7

heyjude

My intro is in the newbie section but I want to switch to entirely cloth. I would like to know approximately what you need for a 3-4 day supply. I'm a heavy night wetter and I get up and change when I wake up wet.

I'll throw my hat into the ring:

Our Babyland diapers are great for starting with cloth. Not as bulky as flat-folds and faster washing than thick all-in-ones. They are waterproof and use a pocket/pad system so you can customize absorbency (one insert for daytime, two for night. More if you need) This weekend all diapers come with a second insert for free

http://teenadultdiapers.com/index.php?cPath=22

I would think, much has to do with your habits when approaching say, how many diapers to have. Not sure what you mean, when you say you change when you wake up wet? If you mean, you change in the middle of the night, and want a fresh diaper again. Of course, this would mean more than one diaper per night needed on hand. Or, if you mean, you change when you wake in the morning wet? And of course, that would mean only one diaper per night. You mention, you wet heavy at night, so this might mean, you need more diaper material to cope, and not leak. You can go with a thicker diaper, but you may be wiser, to use either inserts pads (boosters), or another regular weight diaper, folded and laid inside the first diaper (If using flat diapers). This is better because, the thicker one diaper is, the harder it is to take care of. It's harder for the fasteners to hold a thick diaper, for one. It's harder to launder thicker diapers, and takes much longer to dry them too. Doing regular weight cloth diapers, and using inserts, or layering more diapers, gives you more opptions. You can add as many, inserts or diapers folded, as you think necessary. Less, if you think for normal, or if you have had lots to drink, prior to going to bed, more layers, or inserts to hold more fluid. There is a dizzying array of cloth diapering opptions out there, I have to mention. As I have talked about above, there are flat diapers, there are contour diapers, fitted diapers, pull on diapers, and lots of ways for them to be fastened as well. Pins, Velcro, snaps, my favorite, Snappies. This is a lot of information, I know. And, I may have filled you with more questions, than answered, and there could be a lot more to go over.

You will have to do some looking around for yourself, as to what you want to try out, to start. What kind, or type of cloth diapers you think would suit you best. I would suggest, stating with something that looks comfortable for you to handle, and wear, and something not to expensive at first. Settle on something, and buy a few to start. Try out what you get, see how it works for you. If you like them, you can always order more later. If you try and buy everything at once, and from one source, you could be wasting your money. That is, if you discover, you don't like what you bought. Start out with the intent of, wanting to sample one place, and type, then go from there.

I didn't really want to simple answer you, and say, for example, you need X amount of diapers for 3-4 nights. I hope what I have said, would be more helpful?

And I will give you some links to look at here, that have some cloth items. And don't forget some covers too, plastic, nylon, etc.

You have one to look at already, mentioned by DailyDi.

https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/

I just had a really rough night with disposables and chaffing between my legs. Halfway through the night I ended up sleeping naked on my protective pad. I won't go into detail how that turned out.

I'm ordering my starters today. I'm going to order from a few places but I want enough to get me through 3 days with 3-4 changes a day and 1 change at night. To save money, I'm not going to order any pocket stuffers for now and I'm just going to go to Target and buy two pkgs of overnight prefolds.

Look at the"Reveiwes" in my siggy, I go into it