LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ADULT BABY HARNESS/REINS

I think I had one too as a child. That is something I have on my wish list for when I have a few extra dollars. It would be great to have a set for Capcon so maybe next year who knows.

Hugs,

Freta

5 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

I think I had one too as a child. That is something I have on my wish list for when I have a few extra dollars. It would be great to have a set for Capcon so maybe next year who knows.

Hugs,

Freta

If you are the handy artzy crafty type you could make your own as a less expensive route.

A few odds and ends pieces and parts from a hardware store

• 2 months later...

After getting reined in or harnessed up consider preventing any further adjustments alterations with thumbless mittens preferably with similar

type of hard to manipulate buckles locking of course for best effect in humiliation of the wearer !

For a lead or leash consider a retractable dog leash - these extend out from 6 - to 30 feet - a lot

• 9 months later...

These days, it’s mostly backpack things, that can easily be removed by the little wearers. Basically, a backpack with a tether. 

Back in my day, there was no way you were getting out of your harness yourself. I know, I would have escaped, if I could have :crying-baby-smiley-emoticon: 

IMAGES OF REINS:

BACKPAC DESIGN:

eBay item number:

BPR2.jpg.4c1447bf5b5956cb11683051e7b196e2.jpgBPR3.jpg.1fb4cb654068118bc8680d1f0e86beb2.jpgBPR1.jpg.68c84d83acfce0300da85a218e8efcb0.jpg

REINS DESIGN:

eBay item number:

RSD.jpg.0b666fd641b30d6478c88fb57a7b815c.jpg

REINS PIPENIE - Hungarian Ebay seller:

5a9a07e25d1c1_T2eC16d!ysE9sy0jLMgBPe2IEoQg60_57.thumb.jpg.93d84e1a9c9f42d8edb836d97c37d1a4.jpg

Interesting concept Reins with locking mittens - diaper wedgie - and full one piece onesie:

1.jpg.ceed4732f656b80986b044338c226d47.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Up to the age of about 8 - 9 my mom offen put me in a harness and reins. She took care of tre babys and toddlers to the age of tre years, then they went to kindergarden. I played in the daycare everyday like I was a big toddler, when i started school there were many wacations and Holidays spent in the day care playing with the baby toys.

But when my mom took the Little ones out for a walk, I very often got put in a baby leather harness attached to the baby carriage she pushed. It was very embarrassing for me, especially because the little kids walked free next to mom. I have seen many photos where I am harnessed to a pram walking davn the street, even some where I am wearing a thick diaper and very childish cloth in public at age of 8 or 9.

Even to this day I some time put on a diaper and a home made kopi of the baby leather harness, and strap my self to the bed and enjoy the childish feel.

• Like 1

I have some vivid memories of my time in a harness with a leash, or tether attached, as a young child. I was born in the early 60’s, and had a huge baby carriage/pram, (actually still have it in storage). Because it had no safety straps, or it’s own harness of any sort, you needed a safety harness to fit on the baby, to make sure you wouldn’t tumble out, or stand up. There were a number of baby harnesses available at that time. Mine was a canvas type, that had a zipper that would quickly secure it on. They were relatively cheap, and versatile. It was called, Zip A Babe. These had been around from the 50’s, and made up to the 90’s. In the latter years, the zipper, clips and hardware were plastic, but it was tough nickel plated metal hardware on the one I wore. Well, I had this for a safety when I was in the carriage, up to the time I started walking. Once I was a confident enough walker, Mom left the carriage home. Not sure why, but I was not put in the harness when we walked everywhere, (back then, dad had the only car, and at work), at least I never heard tell, of it being used on me at that time. I loved to explore, and inspect odd items. It wasn’t until later, when I was left outside in the yard to play, that I got put back in the harness. We had a fanced in yard, but it had issues. The front gate latch was loose, and only just held, and the back gate, had a large gap between it, and the neighbors garage wall. I made great use of the whole, and would escape. My dad tried boarding up the gap, but I observed my older sister and friends, climbing over. So next thing, my mom is getting calls from the neighbors, who are saying, they just saw me running past. After that, I found myself being zipped up in my old harness, and a leash clipped to the back. I was tethered to the support column of the porch. I could get to the midpoint of the fence, and most of the yard, but not near the gate. What I remember most vividly, was my sister leaving me in the yard, to go play with her friends. I tried to follow, but reached the end of my leash. She would laugh at me, and say, see you later! I can remember crying, struggling, and tugging on that leash, but it wasn’t gonna give. And there was no way to get at the zipper, with it being in the middle of your back. So now, I was not leaving that yard, unless Mom willed it so. I was never very happy, seeing Mom grab that harness, so she could do me up into it. It was wear the harness, and let her put it on me, or get a wack on the butt, and have to stay inside. Or, get a wack on the butt, have it put on anyway, and get clipped to the leash outside. I don’t think, I ever wore the harness anywhere else. Not that I can recall, or heard tell of. It has left an impression on me, but not really a bad one. Like diapers and plastic pants, I dig them. And it kept me safe! 

AbabeBill

Oh so those were the days - - -

All the comforts of home - tethered safely out of reach of escape hazards of running loose and perhaps also amply protected by wearing diapers so need for

going to an indoor potty - as noted all the comforts of home.

Is this sort of like telling like it was ?

I can imagine lots of scenes being tethered to fixed objects or a retractable leash always restraining every action reminding me of the predicament I am in.

Everywhere to run (with limits) - no escape - no where to hide - tether would have to be out in the open otherwise would get tangled shortening the play room. 

46 minutes ago, BabyLock said:

AbabeBill

Oh so those were the days - - -

All the comforts of home - tethered safely out of reach of escape hazards of running loose and perhaps also amply protected by wearing diapers so need for

going to an indoor potty - as noted all the comforts of home.

Is this sort of like telling like it was ?

I can imagine lots of scenes being tethered to fixed objects or a retractable leash always restraining every action reminding me of the predicament I am in.

Everywhere to run (with limits) - no escape - no where to hide - tether would have to be out in the open otherwise would get tangled shortening the play room. 

LOL, they may have been the days. 

Times, and attitudes were different for sure, in the telling of “like it was”. 

I don’t know if you could say it was common practice back then, to tether children in yards, and so forth. But I know, I saw a few, beside my own self. I had a cousin, same age as me, and although I never remember seeing him on a leash. His older sisters, said they use to leash him to the wash line. I have also seen a few others, leashed in front yards, at picnics, and boat basins near the water. 

My leash, I would say, would have let me run out about 15 feet tops. I don’t recall getting it tangled on anything. But there was a large tree on one end of my yard, it’s possible I could have wrapped it around the tree some. It would have been at the very extreme of the length of my leash though. 

When one my nieces was two, my brother took the family for a beach vacation. That kid had no sense of danger and would run anywhere into anything. They decided to try a harness on her and took her to the mall to get her used to it.

She would have none of it. She sat down and refused to move. They couldn’t budge her.

My brother and his wife gave up. I say, good for my niece!

3 hours ago, xander.williams said:

When one my nieces was two, my brother took the family for a beach vacation. That kid had no sense of danger and would run anywhere into anything. They decided to try a harness on her and took her to the mall to get her used to it.

She would have none of it. She sat down and refused to move. They couldn’t budge her.

My brother and his wife gave up. I say, good for my niece!

Lol, sounds like it should have worked perfect for the beach then. Get to the beach, put harness on, and child sits down refusing to move. Mission accomplished! Ready to get wet, remove harness, and head down to the water. 

I live by the beach, and it’s not uncommon to see parents using them. 

I've worn one a couple of times at fetish parties way back - I loved it.  I'd love to have my own, but when would I be able to wear it?  The whole point is to be walking along outside, or shopping, or somewhere else public, under someone's else's control.  And somehow I don't think that's going to happen, so I'll have to just dream about a harness instead.  Like my AB island daydream, where I'd be in one every day!

I have seen some kids wearing a leash many years ago and I, as well as people around them thought it was disgusting and degrading.  I do admit that we don't know the story behind it.  It's possible the child had at one time been abducted, it's possible the child has a habit of running off on a moment's notice when the parent's back is turned for just a second, maybe the kid fell into a deep hole once and had to be rescued, or it's possible the child is mentally challanged and needs to be leashed.  My take is they look like a pet, like someone's dog they are taking for a walk, not a child of theirs!  Maybe they have no other choice, but if they have to leash a normal kid like a dog, I question their parenting.  Small toddlers can be placed in a stroller and older kids should be kept close and watched.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I know kids can run off at the blink of an eye and parents always have to worry when out and about that their kid will be taken by some creep, but a leash or harness?  There has to be a better way that is less degrading to the kid and less offensive to the people around. 

They're actually very useful when your (real) youngster has just started to walk.  Too young at that age for being self-conscious about it of course.  It means you can stop them falling & hurting themselves, & stops them running into traffic.  We used one briefly when each of ours started walking.  Using them for restraint or punishment when they're older is just abuse, in my view.  Just the job for adult babies though!

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I have seen some kids wearing a leash many years ago and I, as well as people around them thought it was disgusting and degrading.  I do admit that we don't know the story behind it.  It's possible the child had at one time been abducted, it's possible the child has a habit of running off on a moment's notice when the parent's back is turned for just a second, maybe the kid fell into a deep hole once and had to be rescued, or it's possible the child is mentally challanged and needs to be leashed.  My take is they look like a pet, like someone's dog they are taking for a walk, not a child of theirs!  Maybe they have no other choice, but if they have to leash a normal kid like a dog, I question their parenting.  Small toddlers can be placed in a stroller and older kids should be kept close and watched.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I know kids can run off at the blink of an eye and parents always have to worry when out and about that their kid will be taken by some creep, but a leash or harness?  There has to be a better way that is less degrading to the kid and less offensive to the people around. 

The points you make Rusty Pins, are very understandable. And, in certain context very valid. I understand, you are not slamming the door on this in anyway. Everyone have different ideas about things, and different approaches to them. Everyone of us, is welcome to that too.

But it comes down to, a harness and leash, is just another tool that is available for a parent to use, or not. It’s all in how you perceive things. Someone might say, a crib is a horrible baby jail. While most see it as a necessary item to keep young children safe. Sometimes tools are misused too. We see this with lots of things. There are many times, when people misuse or abuse available tools. When does something go from being used as safety, to being used to be lazy, ignoring, or abusive? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 10:26 AM, AbabeBill said:

I have some vivid memories of my time in a harness with a leash, or tether attached, as a young child. I was born in the early 60’s, and had a huge baby carriage/pram, (actually still have it in storage). Because it had no safety straps, or it’s own harness of any sort, you needed a safety harness to fit on the baby, to make sure you wouldn’t tumble out, or stand up. There were a number of baby harnesses available at that time. Mine was a canvas type, that had a zipper that would quickly secure it on. They were relatively cheap, and versatile. It was called, Zip A Babe. These had been around from the 50’s, and made up to the 90’s. In the latter years, the zipper, clips and hardware were plastic, but it was tough nickel plated metal hardware on the one I wore. Well, I had this for a safety when I was in the carriage, up to the time I started walking. Once I was a confident enough walker, Mom left the carriage home. Not sure why, but I was not put in the harness when we walked everywhere, (back then, dad had the only car, and at work), at least I never heard tell, of it being used on me at that time. I loved to explore, and inspect odd items. It wasn’t until later, when I was left outside in the yard to play, that I got put back in the harness. We had a fanced in yard, but it had issues. The front gate latch was loose, and only just held, and the back gate, had a large gap between it, and the neighbors garage wall. I made great use of the whole, and would escape. My dad tried boarding up the gap, but I observed my older sister and friends, climbing over. So next thing, my mom is getting calls from the neighbors, who are saying, they just saw me running past. After that, I found myself being zipped up in my old harness, and a leash clipped to the back. I was tethered to the support column of the porch. I could get to the midpoint of the fence, and most of the yard, but not near the gate. What I remember most vividly, was my sister leaving me in the yard, to go play with her friends. I tried to follow, but reached the end of my leash. She would laugh at me, and say, see you later! I can remember crying, struggling, and tugging on that leash, but it wasn’t gonna give. And there was no way to get at the zipper, with it being in the middle of your back. So now, I was not leaving that yard, unless Mom willed it so. I was never very happy, seeing Mom grab that harness, so she could do me up into it. It was wear the harness, and let her put it on me, or get a wack on the butt, and have to stay inside. Or, get a wack on the butt, have it put on anyway, and get clipped to the leash outside. I don’t think, I ever wore the harness anywhere else. Not that I can recall, or heard tell of. It has left an impression on me, but not really a bad one. Like diapers and plastic pants, I dig them. And it kept me safe! 

I think it was very common in the 50's and 60's for kids to be leashed in the yard. I shared earlier that I wore a brown leather harness during the summer months at my aunt's house  when I was 7 yrs old and for the next two summers. You share some very vivid memories.  I too cried,struggled ,and tugged on that leash. I could not despite my best efforts get out of that harness.  I tugged and pulled hard on the shoulder straps and only got more frustrated.My aunt also taped over the buckles ( which were in the back and hard to reach anyway) and tied a  hard knot on the rope leash that even she could not open when it was time to release me.  My leash was a cotton wash line about 15 feet or so which very much limited my movement.  I could reach the sandbox but that was about it. I could not get close to the fence  or gate.  I  was not very happy to see my aunt  pull out the harness and ready me for the yard. In fact I remember getting this sick empty feeling in my tummy as she pulled it from the dresser drawer when it was time to go outside. I also had 2 girl cousins close to my age and they  did not wear a harness. I had left the yard twice  and hence I suffered the consequence.  That made it very hard and embarrassing. They would tease me as did your sister as they roamed freely  and I could do nothing about it. But I too survived and learned a valuable lesson.

It may have been more common, to tether a child in the yard back in those times. Those were the days, of many new suburbs springing  up.  Lots of them with young families moving in, and most with no fences. My cousin, same age as myself, was one of these. I only found out later, he too, was put in a leather harness, and tied to the wash line. He had 2 older sisters, (oldest 10 years), and they were in charge. And, they were the ones who thought it would be good to tether him. They lived in a fairly new subdivision, open fields behind them, and woods beyond. They didn’t have a back fence, and his sisters would go out to the open area, but leave him tied to the wash line. My older cousin, brought this out in conversation, at a family get together. 

5 hours ago, bills said:

I think it was very common in the 50's and 60's for kids to be leashed in the yard. I shared earlier that I wore a brown leather harness during the summer months at my aunt's house  when I was 7 yrs old and for the next two summers. You share some very vivid memories.  I too cried,struggled ,and tugged on that leash. I could not despite my best efforts get out of that harness.  I tugged and pulled hard on the shoulder straps and only got more frustrated.My aunt also taped over the buckles ( which were in the back and hard to reach anyway) and tied a  hard knot on the rope leash that even she could not open when it was time to release me.  My leash was a cotton wash line about 15 feet or so which very much limited my movement.  I could reach the sandbox but that was about it. I could not get close to the fence  or gate.  I  was not very happy to see my aunt  pull out the harness and ready me for the yard. In fact I remember getting this sick empty feeling in my tummy as she pulled it from the dresser drawer when it was time to go outside. I also had 2 girl cousins close to my age and they  did not wear a harness. I had left the yard twice  and hence I suffered the consequence.  That made it very hard and embarrassing. They would tease me as did your sister as they roamed freely  and I could do nothing about it. But I too survived and learned a valuable lesson.

6 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

It may have been more common, to tether a child in the yard back in those times. ..

That's interesting, as I don't remember that sort of thing happening here in the UK, & I haven't seen references to it in television programmes or books.  No doubt it happened occasionally, but kids tended to be watched over by parents or older brothers or sisters.  Reins were very much for outings, for instance a walk to the shops.  Toddlers don't want to stay in their pushchairs once they've started walking, so when they go restless they walked alongside, holding on, supported by reins held by, usually, mummy.

50 minutes ago, Stroller said:

That's interesting, as I don't remember that sort of thing happening here in the UK, & I haven't seen references to it in television programmes or books.  No doubt it happened occasionally, but kids tended to be watched over by parents or older brothers or sisters.  Reins were very much for outings, for instance a walk to the shops.  Toddlers don't want to stay in their pushchairs once they've started walking, so when they go restless they walked alongside, holding on, supported by reins held by, usually, mummy.

I have never seen that, or heard of it being much in practice in the UK either. I know it has been a strong tradition in the UK, to use harnesses, in the pram, stroller, and used as walking safety aid mostly. I have heard other, from different countries,  talk about being tethered on a harness though. Here in the US too, most of the harnesses you will see, are used as pram safety, or walking, but there have been, ( but not much anymore) been used to tether. There were even retractable leashes marketed toward the practice. They could be used with a ground stake, or could be attached to a pole, or the house, every much like ones for pets. 

• Like 1