LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Pails

waynecook52

Well think I am going to Toys R Us and get me two diaper pails.I am so tired of using trash barrols as pails.One will be for cloth and one for disposables.I have seen diaper genies for cloth there so I'm going to pick one up.Heck I rinse out my cloth diapers in the shower anyway so might as well put it next to the shower.It beets hanging them over the shower rod.Once I get some film for my camra I will Put some pics on here.If I can figure it out.

In 1996 when Don was designing our current home, for the counter along the outside wall of the diaper changing alcove of the master bedroom, we installed a garbage compactor in a lower cabinet. That is ventilated to the outside so no odors of compacted disposables reach the bedroom.

We can buy compactor bags everywhere for less than DiaperGenie or Dekor. True back then we paid more for the compactor than for a Genie, but this one has needed no service after over 21 years of faithful service. It very easily handles adult disposables. The bags are large so that is another savings. I am sure that just in bags we have saved many times the added cost vs. a Genie.

Since Don lost bladder control following his prostate surgery in 2007 we need to compact a whole lot of disposables. True, during my work days I dispose of wet diapers in baggies in ladies' rooms, but Don mostly works from home.

From what I've heard, the new Diaper Genies are crap. Specifically, they've been redesigned so that they're smaller than the last generation was, and because how they've been redesigned, actually hold less diapers despite claims to the contrary on the packaging. The Diaper Dekor is supposedly a much better diaper pail, but as Willnotwill has pointed out, it tends to be significantly more expensive. I should note that you might want to check something like eBay/Craigslist if you're looking for a bargain on one of these though as people tend to sell them second hand with a large discount once they're done with them.

The other diaper pail you might want to look into is the Ubbi. It comes in a slew of colors and is made from aluminum, accepts both regular trash bags and its own refills without the need for any modifications like certain other brands, and seems to get a lot of praise in reviews. If you're worried about odors, this is the diaper pail to go with: the aluminum doesn't retain them over time the way plastic diaper pails supposedly will, so the Ubbi might be worth looking into. I'm not sure which of these pails holds the most, (I'm not in a position to own one of my own right now,) but I'd probably guess that the Dekor does since it just looks a little larger, but my eyes could be deceiving me, however, both the Dekor and the Ubbi have a rather large opening, and since we're talking about adult size diapers, I think that's probably important as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went to amozon and bought a 14 gallon diaper pail.Just got it today and loos like its going to hold a lot of cloth diapers.Next is a disposable diaper pail.Get this one next month.Thanks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...