LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My apartment smells like death

barnburner

Literally...

Guy next door to me died, he was possibly dead for at least 5 days before being discovered yesterday morning. but of course when I complain of a bad odor the management does nothing until half the floor complains to them.... Something hasnt smelled right since last Friday when I thought I had a bad load of laundry I needed to clean.

Bodies sure start smelling fast do they. I remember when my great aunt died, her body didn't smell when we saw her at the funeral but her body was very cold and it looked like she was sleeping. They must have done something to the body to keep it from smelling.

28 minutes ago, Spokane Girl said:

Bodies sure start smelling fast do they. I remember when my great aunt died, her body didn't smell when we saw her at the funeral but her body was very cold and it looked like she was sleeping. They must have done something to the body to keep it from smelling.

Have they had a company come in to clean out the next door apartment.

Or is it still sealed by the coroners office/cops.

It takes professionals to clean these buildings of all death smells and it cost a lot sometimes.

Since he was next door in a apartment you need to find a way to vent your apartment at a higher pressure then his apartment or the smell will come right through the walls in air leaks between apartments.

As a EMT i have seen bodies that had turned to jello on the floor they had been there so long.

I never did understand why they call us as as EMTs as there was nothing we could do for the person.

• Like 2

You can do what we do in emergency service put Vicksburg vapor rub under your nose or smoke cigars , neither is ideal but since it's kinda hard to positive pressure your apartment ,your options are limited.

If you think this smells , you ought a smell a fire fatality , they haven't created anything as nasty as eXtra crispy human.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ozone Generator on low...these generates Ozone which turns to O2. Industrial Ozone Generators will take the burnt smell out of burnt wood, they're that strong. Ozone is what is produced after a thunder and lightening storm. That clean smell in the air.

Correction: They have dropped significantly and under $100.00

14 hours ago, Fulldiaper said:

Ozone Generator on low...these generates Ozone which turns to O2. Industrial Ozone Generators will take the burnt smell out of burnt wood, they're that strong. Ozone is what is produced after a thunder and lightening storm. That clean smell in the air.

:lol:

Have to agree with Amyuser and those recommending an Ozone generator. 50# blocks of baking soda can be had from fire restorers which will absorb odors too ;) On the smell it is unforgettable- somehow most people know instinctively what it is even if they've never smelled it before :( It's one of the few things that sends chills up my spine and when burnt is the most highly gag-inducing odor there is in the world. It is also the hardest odor there is to mitigate so if it's gone now consider yourself very lucky indeed.