LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Pamperbum_uk

Why no ABDL pride??

16 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

You basically need to have autism or an intellectual impairment to get a pass for immaturity, then your ABDL and your love for diapers might get blamed on that. Or if you were abused so you grow up to regress, you also get a pass. But then people still say get therapy and that they have mental issues. 

Hey, I have autism and happen to quite mature.  But for someone with severe autism, perhaps someone could blame their autism for why they're an abdl.

Also, I don't think that either autism or being an ABDL is a mental issue.  The former is just a different mental operating system, and the latter is a lifestyle that some people like, but others oppose.  

3 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

Hey, I have autism and happen to quite mature.  But for someone with severe autism, perhaps someone could blame their autism for why they're an abdl.

Also, I don't think that either autism or being an ABDL is a mental issue.  The former is just a different mental operating system, and the latter is a lifestyle that some people like, but others oppose.  

I was speaking from other peoples perspectives. That is the only time they will accept it in someone. There is a lady that floats around on youtube who hates ABDLs and she is very bigoted towards us and she is incontinent and she made a hateful video on us and she actually said in her comments that it's acceptable if you are abused or disabled and said we were a mockery to the abused and disabled. Very disappointing because she has a wonderful blog and is a advocate for incontinence and trying to get rid of the stigma on diapers. Now I just don't give a shit anymore and I see her as whining now in every video she makes and see her blog as whining now. Oh someone had a problem with her diapers in the trash so they didn't take them out, in her hotel room, boo fucking hoo, karma bitch. 

When it's anything which someone doesn't understand, they will often make associations with something which they do (or think they do) understand :o The problem is on them, but they can't see it that way. There are people whose minds are deep enough to grasp that this isn't about children and that this doesn't affect or involve them, so they can be accepting that far :) But those people are rarities and definitely people to be treasured :wub: 

Society overall isn't intelligent enough to understand us yet. If society manages to survive long enough I can see this happening, but the chances of that itself are microscopic :( Humanity is racing to destroy itself getting full support from the closed-minded people who don't understand us now so it may be a moot point anyway :o If my hypothesis is correct, then ABDL Pride events could be the thing which turns their brains on, but I don't see this happening either. So in the end maybe it will be just us wondering if we could have saved the world or not :rolleyes:

Whatever the ending we will have the satisfaction of knowing we were right all along B)

Bettypooh

I can accept ignorance, it's willful ignorance I don't tolerate. That person made it clear in her comments she will not change her mind about us so it's an example of willful. 

5 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

I can accept ignorance, it's willful ignorance I don't tolerate. That person made it clear in her comments she will not change her mind about us so it's an example of willful. 

Either way, if someone's going to be making judgements about another group, they better have good reasoning to back it up.  Willful or not, failing to understand a community/group and still trying to judge them using faulty logic is just going to make that person look bad.  I'm not saying that everyone should know about ABDL, but if they want to make a statement about our (or any) community, they need to know what they're talking about.

3 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Either way, if someone's going to be making judgements about another group, they better have good reasoning to back it up.  Willful or not, failing to understand a community/group and still trying to judge them using faulty logic is just going to make that person look bad.  I'm not saying that everyone should know about ABDL, but if they want to make a statement about our (or any) community, they need to know what they're talking about.

It's called justification. People use incidents to justify their bigotry like how people justify racism or Islamophobia, someone used their child abuse history to justify being a shitty person online and that gal used ABDL creeps who invade IC forums to justify her bigotry on us. 

4 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

It's called justification. People use incidents to justify their bigotry like how people justify racism or Islamophobia, someone used their child abuse history to justify being a shitty person online and that gal used ABDL creeps who invade IC forums to justify her bigotry on us. 

I'm all too familiar with that unfortumately.  I would think, however, that people would recognize a hateful tone when they see/hear it.  For example, I don't know much about dyslexia, but if i saw an article that said all dyslexic people have a mental disorder and need to be educated in a seperate school, I would know that the author of that article is obviously very biased, and should probably be regarded with caution.

I guess it boils down to the basic person. There are some who just can't handle the truth unless it is imposed upon them and even then they will resist it. The worst are those who have two faces, one for public acceptance and the other for entirely different private thoughts. I got that from my second Therapist who tried to hide her anti-TG beliefs behind overt acceptance. She even bought her own lies about office rent costs making it necessary for her to use a Church room for her work :o People who deceive themselves like this will never willingly accept the truth, but what can you do with them?

Sadly I have one sister who is like this in some ways and even when she just said the exact opposite thing a few minutes before, she will never admit that she is wrong. She can't, for that would destroy her world which she's now so dependent on that she couldn't find the will to survive without it. I'm not wanting to destroy anyone so I just let things go most of the time. For me the truth is a necessity, even when I don't like it. One simple and effective test of truth is that truth stands on it's own with no justification needed, so when someone has to justify their position you should be wary of them and their words ;)

The problem here is that we're not often dealing with ignorance for which there is hope and a cure, but with stupidity instead, and there's no cure for that :( Unless we stoop to their level of stupidity all we can do is let go of them and continue forward ourselves. In doing this, time will show the truth about them and about us too. Rise above- be the better person. In the end that shows most of all and has the effect of changing about as many minds as a more direct approach does even if it is a slower path to the goal B)

Bettypooh