LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why no ABDL pride??

5 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

I can accept ignorance, it's willful ignorance I don't tolerate. That person made it clear in her comments she will not change her mind about us so it's an example of willful. 

Either way, if someone's going to be making judgements about another group, they better have good reasoning to back it up.  Willful or not, failing to understand a community/group and still trying to judge them using faulty logic is just going to make that person look bad.  I'm not saying that everyone should know about ABDL, but if they want to make a statement about our (or any) community, they need to know what they're talking about.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Either way, if someone's going to be making judgements about another group, they better have good reasoning to back it up.  Willful or not, failing to understand a community/group and still trying to judge them using faulty logic is just going to make that person look bad.  I'm not saying that everyone should know about ABDL, but if they want to make a statement about our (or any) community, they need to know what they're talking about.

It's called justification. People use incidents to justify their bigotry like how people justify racism or Islamophobia, someone used their child abuse history to justify being a shitty person online and that gal used ABDL creeps who invade IC forums to justify her bigotry on us. 

4 hours ago, Spokane Girl said:

It's called justification. People use incidents to justify their bigotry like how people justify racism or Islamophobia, someone used their child abuse history to justify being a shitty person online and that gal used ABDL creeps who invade IC forums to justify her bigotry on us. 

I'm all too familiar with that unfortumately.  I would think, however, that people would recognize a hateful tone when they see/hear it.  For example, I don't know much about dyslexia, but if i saw an article that said all dyslexic people have a mental disorder and need to be educated in a seperate school, I would know that the author of that article is obviously very biased, and should probably be regarded with caution.

I guess it boils down to the basic person. There are some who just can't handle the truth unless it is imposed upon them and even then they will resist it. The worst are those who have two faces, one for public acceptance and the other for entirely different private thoughts. I got that from my second Therapist who tried to hide her anti-TG beliefs behind overt acceptance. She even bought her own lies about office rent costs making it necessary for her to use a Church room for her work :o People who deceive themselves like this will never willingly accept the truth, but what can you do with them?

Sadly I have one sister who is like this in some ways and even when she just said the exact opposite thing a few minutes before, she will never admit that she is wrong. She can't, for that would destroy her world which she's now so dependent on that she couldn't find the will to survive without it. I'm not wanting to destroy anyone so I just let things go most of the time. For me the truth is a necessity, even when I don't like it. One simple and effective test of truth is that truth stands on it's own with no justification needed, so when someone has to justify their position you should be wary of them and their words ;)

The problem here is that we're not often dealing with ignorance for which there is hope and a cure, but with stupidity instead, and there's no cure for that :( Unless we stoop to their level of stupidity all we can do is let go of them and continue forward ourselves. In doing this, time will show the truth about them and about us too. Rise above- be the better person. In the end that shows most of all and has the effect of changing about as many minds as a more direct approach does even if it is a slower path to the goal B)

Bettypooh

• 1 year later...

Lol. Don't mind me. Just being the new guy over here. As an introverted exhibitionist (don't ask me I'd get it either, its just my reality) I enjoy very much being out in public either naked, or in chastity or padded or in a multitude of different fetish gear but I don't ever aim to throw it in anyone's face. Especially a vanilla or children. And where I live in the world it can be very dangerous to do so. There is just something about being in a public space, personally I choose ones that generally happen to be largely vacated. Its not about being caught or seen its just about being on an adventure of sorts. Thats why I think it is important to have events like Pride & CapCon & Folsom where we can let our ABDL flags fly & be around other people who won't lash out at us for it. The concept of ABDL pride is very intriguing. Perhaps not a public parade but you truly never know.

The best example is Rupaul's Drag Race. 20 years ago if someone had told you that Drag Race would be an international television sensation captivating millions and millions of people around the globe & launching careers into the mainstream that once would have never been seen outside of an NYC nightclub you would have laughed. Could you imagine Trixie Mattel at Sundance 15 years ago? No! Absolutely not. Then you look at the overwhelming success of Drag Con LA & NYC; both growing explosively each year? That was unthinkable even a decade ago when the show launched. My point being never say never, its a cliche turn of phrase for a reason. Culturally the Christian church and its very strict code of ethics have ruled the world for a long time but that grip of power is slipping away with each passing year. Not the true teaching of Jesus Christ but the stranglehold power based on that code of conduct is releasing. We are entering an entire new era of human development & expansion. If we don't manage to fully evoke the wrath of the Mother Earth who knows where we will be in another 15-20 years?

• 5 months later...

I just believe ABDL is further down the taboo / general acceptance 'ladder' than LGBT.

Don't forget that the current LGBT-movement and general acceptance towards it (though not 100%) is a very very recent phenomenon. Something we should not take for granted! I would guess that it's a matter of time before ABDL gets more accepted, just like LGBT did years ago (yes, it's a constant proces).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 8:34 AM, littlebelgianprince said:

I just believe ABDL is further down the taboo / general acceptance 'ladder' than LGBT.

Don't forget that the current LGBT-movement and general acceptance towards it (though not 100%) is a very very recent phenomenon. Something we should not take for granted! I would guess that it's a matter of time before ABDL gets more accepted, just like LGBT did years ago (yes, it's a constant proces).

@littlebelgianprince

I don't think that there is anything wrong with being proud to be an AB/DL or LGBTQ+.  With LQBTQ stuff, there are people who thought that was "strange" and "different" and as time goes on, the  acceptance of these lifestyles or feelings was more mainstream, and as such, you didn't have to hide it anymore.  It is accepted and now, people show that pride with parades and get togethers and you can now have marriages between 2 men or 2 women, as well as the traditional man and woman marriages.

With ABDL - That is a different story.  There are people who have these feelings/needs/fetishes/desires. They hide them  well, because if they don't that would be considered as "strange" or "different" as LGBTQ+ individuals and their lifestyle/beliefs/feelings.  So, you like Diapers and you wear Diapers, you do it because it makes you feel good or right somehow.  You don't question it, because to a ABDL, this is normal for them, but because they have put a "stigma" or a "label" on someone who wears/uses/likes diapers, it is Dirty, or Bad or not the "norm" there are people who have a hard time "accepting" this choice.

Lets Face it - Some of us, no matter how old we are, when we are adults may still have the feelings that they like Diapers and Baby things - The thing is - These feelings  probably have been suppressed for a long time, as we would have been considered strange to have these feelings - As Adults, we can explore these feelings and desires, and indulge in what makes us happy.  Trick is we have to do it in an appropriate way.  I think it was @Elfywho eluded to the fact that having a "Pride Day" is not really a good idea, because who would want to be parading around showing off their diapers in public - I would rather have certain people KNOW about it, then to show it off to the public - That can be impractical and in some cases a catastrophe if the wrong person found out you were into the lifestyle - Be PROUD of your lifestyle choice, but be careful, for you could have problems if the wrong person found out - I would rather keep it between trusted people than to expose myself to ignorance or ridicule - If people don't understand the fetish or the reasons for wearing/using Diapers and other baby items, they may blow something out of proportion, and then you have more to deal with.

In many ways, ABDL is a fetish that is here, and has been around for a long time - It has been here for a while, and will always be here - This lifestyle is NOT one that should be shunned, but you have to realize that there are others that may not be as accepting of it - People are **more accepting** of us, but to have a "Pride Day" as the OP suggests would expose the fetish to those who may not accept it - In this case, it is better to have your **OWN PRIDE** that you are a AB/DL - Be Proud of who you are, and accept the fact that you are who you are:  Do Not worry about what others think - what they think should not matter that much - In relationships, I would hope that a person loves you for who and what you are, what you believe, and what you stand for - If you are an AB or a DL, I would hope that would not be a problem for those who truly accept you and love you for who you are.

I must say that sometimes I have the "feelings" as I described above:  Having a Diaper on is not only a help with incontinence, but it gives me the security to know that if I need it, it is there, and I don't have to RUN to the bathroom all the time.  Being Disabled, using Diapers is accepted for those that need them.  In most cases, if you are using adaptive equipment, such as walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, etc, and a wheelchair is your primary vehicle, most people probably would accept that you wear diapers - Some may not.

I have accepted the fact that diapers are a way of life  - There are many friends of mine that have worn diapers, and I accepted them without any problems - Most of them were scared they would be found out, and called a "baby" but I was there for them, and told them not to worry - If you need them, you need them.

AB/DL may be "taboo" for some, but I feel that if you have accepted that you have the feelings, then Good - Keep doing what you are doing, but do it responsibly - There is no shame in it, and if people have a problem with it, then it stems from people not understanding or refusing to accept it - in that case, it is something they may not be ready to accept, and that is OK, but remember that there is always gonna be someone who may not be ready to accept or understand the fetish, so this is probably the reason why a "pride day" would not be a good idea.

Hopefully, My ramblings make sense :)

Brian