LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Pamperbum_uk

Why no ABDL pride??

22 posts in this topic

A few years ago i went to Manchester gay pride festival. I often go to their trans pride festival, sparkle, too.

The one thing i noticed about the gay pride festival was all the different enclaves. Gay people into rubber, gay people into leather, 'bears'. All given seperate banners in the parade.

Manchester's gay village also has separate pride festival for these things. All 'fetish' type things. 

Why not ABDL pride too? I find the village is a relatively safe place for presenting as female. It could be a good outside venue for littles. It even has a park!!!!

Id love to see a ABDL pride festival there.....

Because a lot of ABDLs don't want to go, quite literally, parading around and exposing themselves as ABDLs. Plus most ABDLs are too spread out to really have one place where you could get a large number together. Besides, why would people parade, I can only imagine that the only people who would come to watch would be to laugh and mock.

52 minutes ago, Elfy said:

Because a lot of ABDLs don't want to go, quite literally, parading around and exposing themselves as ABDLs. Plus most ABDLs are too spread out to really have one place where you could get a large number together. Besides, why would people parade, I can only imagine that the only people who would come to watch would be to laugh and mock.

I wasnt thinking of a parade. If it kept in Sackville park. And it was properly seal off we people on the gate, keeping non ticket holders out. 

A few over sized childrens toys. Put a massive tarpaulin down, covered in play sand, and provide adequate changing (both kind.) Spaces. 

I mean if someone can walk around the village as a leather 'gimp dog' (which ive seen.) What harm can a carfully controlled picnic in a discrete park in the middle of Manchester's gay village???

Now it just sounds like a munch. There are plenty around, I suggest checking Fetlife.

As for the people dressing up in gimp costumes and stuff like that at these Pride events... Not a fan, keep it in the bedroom thanks :lol:

I would never go to an ABDL pride event because I don't seek validation from society. The only acceptance I want is from my wife, and marginally from my family. Other than that, I really don't care for approval or attention. 

4 hours ago, erevu said:

I would never go to an ABDL pride event because I don't seek validation from society. The only acceptance I want is from my wife, and marginally from my family. Other than that, I really don't care for approval or attention. 

A pride event should, I think, educate people. In the case of ABDL people, however, I don't think it's necessarily the best way to accomplish that. The message we send out may not be what we intend.

9 hours ago, Rachel Emily said:

A pride event should, I think, educate people. In the case of ABDL people, however, I don't think it's necessarily the best way to accomplish that. The message we send out may not be what we intend.

There are much better forums available to "educate people" than pride parades. Those tend to be much more about throwing your lifestyle in the face of others than education. 

1 person likes this

So by your logic, you're either an exhibitionist or you're ashamed? Look, people who don't want to put their kinks on display aren't automatically ashamed of them. Many just don't find it necessary to validate themselves via others by putting themselves on display. Some find it a waste of time at best and counterproductive at worst. 

Personally I'm not proud to like diapers . . . . . That said I'm also not ashamed to like diapers either. I'm proud of things where I made a choice or worked hard to achieve something. I'm proud to have run and finished a spartan race, I'm proud to have done crisis work, I'm proud to be a husband and a pet owner.

I'm not "proud" to be 5'7, or to have blue eyes, or to be a man or be a Canadian or even be bisexusl but im sure as hell not ashamed of those things either. All of those things, like being a DL, are things that just happened outside of my control. I chose to just accept them and move on with my life and focus on areas where I have control.

Pride isn't the opposite of shame and vice versa. You can accept yourself without pride and being happy with yourself doesn't require you to go out and about. Bottom line for my wife and I, YMMV, is me being a DL is a fact of life that we're content with and accept which is outside the concepts of pride or shame.

Snugglebear and Raccoon 

Not too long ago, homosexuality and pedophilia were mistakenly conflated as the same thing, much like how many people today confuse ABDL for pedophilia. I could see a lot of narrow-minded people misinterpreting our presence at a pride festival, sadly enough.

On 2/7/2017 at 6:48 PM, Pamperbum_uk said:

The one thing i noticed about the gay pride festival was all the different enclaves. Gay people into rubber, gay people into leather, 'bears'. All given seperate banners in the parade.

The reason why these enclaves make appearances at queer and pride events is because those subcultures were and to some significant degree still are part of queer culture. That's a knock-on result of queer identity and relationships being sectioned off as inherently adult / inherently sexual in nature, rather than be allowed to exist in the world at large. Regrettably, that's still a problem to be addressed - informal queer spaces continue to be limited to bars and nightclubs.

1 person likes this

Because not enough of us are proud of it yet. Acceptance of kinks and fetishes is way behind acceptance of LGBT people.

On 2/8/2017 at 0:09 AM, Pamperbum_uk said:

I mean if someone can walk around the village as a leather 'gimp dog' (which ive seen.) What harm can a carfully controlled picnic in a discrete park in the middle of Manchester's gay village???

Just because people walk around dressed as gimp dogs doesn't mean its acceptable. I mean Ive seen some of these pride event and there have been people parading past children dressed in full on leather, bondage, gimp gear like its the most normal thing in the world. That kind of stuff should be kept way in the bedroom because its way too much for public. Its one thing being proud and way on the other end of the spectrum forcing people to be part of what you get up to in the privacy of your own home. 

Its things like this that put me off going to gay pride parades. Ive been proud of my same sex relationships. Not because of "Gay Pride" but because I'm proud of my relationship, my partner, how hard we work to keep everything going. Same as any other relationship or marriage. I don't show my Gay Pride by going to some city centre while hundreds of people cavort around in states of undress waving flags and generally acting lewd. I walk around holding hands, share a kiss under a tree or enjoy a candlelit dinner just like any other couple in the world; be they gay, straight or other. 

Like Elfy said there are loads of meet ups to be attended in private, locked clubs or establishments. I don't think its something that should necessarily be public domain just like I think some of the stuff that happens at Pride should be dialed back a few notches.

On 2/10/2017 at 0:32 AM, erevu said:

So by your logic, you're either an exhibitionist or you're ashamed? Look, people who don't want to put their kinks on display aren't automatically ashamed of them. Many just don't find it necessary to validate themselves via others by putting themselves on display. Some find it a waste of time at best and counterproductive at worst. 

This.  Emphatically.

4 hours ago, HeyLookItsGemma said:

Just because people walk around dressed as gimp dogs doesn't mean its acceptable. I mean Ive seen some of these pride event and there have been people parading past children dressed in full on leather, bondage, gimp gear like its the most normal thing in the world. That kind of stuff should be kept way in the bedroom because its way too much for public. Its one thing being proud and way on the other end of the spectrum forcing people to be part of what you get up to in the privacy of your own home. .

This too.  

The best way you can show your ABDL "pride" is by carrying on a productive life alongside having your "little time" (or however you choose to participate in this spectrum) and not being a creep.  And yes, strutting around in public in baby gear is creepy, just like strutting around in public in a leather pet suit is creepy.  

Finally, and someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but there is not a single place in the developed world where being ABDL is illegal, unlike being homosexual was when the gay pride parades first got started.  There was an actual need for acceptance because being gay was still such a problematic thing that being outed might get you arrested, cost you your job, and worse.  As an ABDL, sure, there is still a potential risk of bad things happening to you for being outed, but prison is not one of those things, and never was.  Furthermore, you have a counter-defense even if you are outed - "I wear diapers because of a disability."  Even at a job, as long as your "being outed" wasn't an obvious example of you flaunting your underwear at work, that will usually suffice as an explanation.  People stop asking questions at that point.  There was never a medical explanation available to a man or woman who was outed as being homosexual.

Some people have been in the ABDL community for 3, 5, even 10 years and it's still hard for them to show who they really are. even around their own house so they keep it in the bedroom. Also some people in the community work with kids and if word gets out about them being an AB s*** will hit the fan. they have lost their jobs, families, and even their homes.  there are some people who still think this deal with kids and it doesn't. Thats why we have munches and COPCON. i really see no need to push it all out for the whole world to see. You will have kids who see it and try googling it that will also go bad 

1 person likes this

On 7/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, daddy-jonny said:

Thats why we have munches and COPCON. i really see no need to push it all out for the whole world to see.  

Yeah, not to mention, the only people who would do a pride parade are the same people who ask questions like "what's the best way to pretend to be incontinent after deliberately shitting yourself in public?" - as in, people with zero filters and a serious exhibitionism kink.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, WBDaddy said:

Finally, and someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but there is not a single place in the developed world where being ABDL is illegal, unlike being homosexual was when the gay pride parades first got started.  There was an actual need for acceptance because being gay was still such a problematic thing that being outed might get you arrested, cost you your job, and worse. 

Depending on where you are, your employment can still be at risk, mind.

1 hour ago, ForbiddenFruit said:

Depending on where you are, your employment can still be at risk, mind.

Is that a reason to have a big parade for all the exhibitionists and non-cons?  I don't think so.

8 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Is that a reason to have a big parade for all the exhibitionists and non-cons?  I don't think so.

I wasn't saying it to disagree with the notion that ABDL pride is unwarranted; just pointing out that I wish we were at a point where being outed didn't cost you your job, support network, and so on. Call it pedantry if you will.

1 minute ago, ForbiddenFruit said:

I wasn't saying it to disagree with the notion that ABDL pride is unwarranted; just pointing out that I wish we were at a point where being outed didn't cost you your job, support network, and so on. Call it pedantry if you will.

Can't argue with the support network thing. Again, though, at work it hinges entirely on what you get "outed" for doing - if it's just wearing, HR will tell everyone to back the hell up if you say it's a medical thing.  Most of the time they won't bother asking for evidence, because that's such a hairy topic here in the States under the Americans with Disabilities Act...

No, you misunderstand, or rather, I should have made myself clearer in the first place - when I said 'we' there I didn't mean ABDL people, I meant queer people. I meant to point out that it wasn't necessarily the case that being queer 'was still such a problematic thing', it still is. You can have your employment impacted for being gay in many states, let alone being trans. Pride was needed and it still is. The reason I'm just pointing it out is because the way you initially phrased your (totally correct point) seemed to imply that Pride has, in practical terms, run its course when we're still fairly fucked ourselves.

That's why I said 'call it pedantry, if you will'. I'm totally in agreement with you on the ABDL thing but I wanted to correct something about queer people that just came across in phrasing.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, ForbiddenFruit said:

No, you misunderstand, or rather, I should have made myself clearer in the first place - when I said 'we' there I didn't mean ABDL people, I meant queer people. I meant to point out that it wasn't necessarily the case that being queer 'was still such a problematic thing', it still is. You can have your employment impacted for being gay in many states, let alone being trans. Pride was needed and it still is. The reason I'm just pointing it out is because the way you initially phrased your (totally correct point) seemed to imply that Pride has, in practical terms, run its course when we're still fairly fucked ourselves.

That's why I said 'call it pedantry, if you will'. I'm totally in agreement with you on the ABDL thing but I wanted to correct something about queer people that just came across in phrasing.

Ah, that makes more sense.  And yes, it's true, while they look for other excuses for the official file, bosses still fire people for being gay, trans, etc.