LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Pamperbum_uk

Why no ABDL pride??

Recommended Posts

A few years ago i went to Manchester gay pride festival. I often go to their trans pride festival, sparkle, too.

The one thing i noticed about the gay pride festival was all the different enclaves. Gay people into rubber, gay people into leather, 'bears'. All given seperate banners in the parade.

Manchester's gay village also has separate pride festival for these things. All 'fetish' type things.

Share this post


Link to post

Because a lot of ABDLs don't want to go, quite literally, parading around and exposing themselves as ABDLs. Plus most ABDLs are too spread out to really have one place where you could get a large number together. Besides, why would people parade, I can only imagine that the only people who would come to watch would be to laugh and mock.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Elfy said:

Because a lot of ABDLs don't want to go, quite literally, parading around and exposing themselves as ABDLs. Plus most ABDLs are too spread out to really have one place where you could get a large number together. Besides, why would people parade, I can only imagine that the only people who would come to watch would be to laugh and mock.

I wasnt thinking of a parade. If it kept in Sackville park. And it was properly seal off we people on the gate, keeping non ticket holders out.

Share this post


Link to post

Now it just sounds like a munch. There are plenty around, I suggest checking Fetlife.

As for the people dressing up in gimp costumes and stuff like that at these Pride events... Not a fan, keep it in the bedroom thanks :lol:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would never go to an ABDL pride event because I don't seek validation from society. The only acceptance I want is from my wife, and marginally from my family. Other than that, I really don't care for approval or attention.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, erevu said:

I would never go to an ABDL pride event because I don't seek validation from society. The only acceptance I want is from my wife, and marginally from my family. Other than that, I really don't care for approval or attention.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Rachel Emily said:

A pride event should, I think, educate people. In the case of ABDL people, however, I don't think it's necessarily the best way to accomplish that. The message we send out may not be what we intend.

There are much better forums available to "educate people" than pride parades. Those tend to be much more about throwing your lifestyle in the face of others than education.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So by your logic, you're either an exhibitionist or you're ashamed? Look, people who don't want to put their kinks on display aren't automatically ashamed of them. Many just don't find it necessary to validate themselves via others by putting themselves on display. Some find it a waste of time at best and counterproductive at worst.

Share this post


Link to post

Personally I'm not proud to like diapers . . . . . That said I'm also not ashamed to like diapers either. I'm proud of things where I made a choice or worked hard to achieve something. I'm proud to have run and finished a spartan race, I'm proud to have done crisis work, I'm proud to be a husband and a pet owner.

I'm not "proud" to be 5'7, or to have blue eyes, or to be a man or be a Canadian or even be bisexusl but im sure as hell not ashamed of those things either. All of those things, like being a DL, are things that just happened outside of my control. I chose to just accept them and move on with my life and focus on areas where I have control.

Pride isn't the opposite of shame and vice versa. You can accept yourself without pride and being happy with yourself doesn't require you to go out and about. Bottom line for my wife and I, YMMV, is me being a DL is a fact of life that we're content with and accept which is outside the concepts of pride or shame.

Snugglebear and Raccoon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not too long ago, homosexuality and pedophilia were mistakenly conflated as the same thing, much like how many people today confuse ABDL for pedophilia. I could see a lot of narrow-minded people misinterpreting our presence at a pride festival, sadly enough.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2017 at 6:48 PM, Pamperbum_uk said:

The one thing i noticed about the gay pride festival was all the different enclaves. Gay people into rubber, gay people into leather, 'bears'. All given seperate banners in the parade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Because not enough of us are proud of it yet. Acceptance of kinks and fetishes is way behind acceptance of LGBT people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/8/2017 at 0:09 AM, Pamperbum_uk said:

I mean if someone can walk around the village as a leather 'gimp dog' (which ive seen.) What harm can a carfully controlled picnic in a discrete park in the middle of Manchester's gay village???

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/10/2017 at 0:32 AM, erevu said:

So by your logic, you're either an exhibitionist or you're ashamed? Look, people who don't want to put their kinks on display aren't automatically ashamed of them. Many just don't find it necessary to validate themselves via others by putting themselves on display. Some find it a waste of time at best and counterproductive at worst.

Share this post


Link to post

Some people have been in the ABDL community for 3, 5, even 10 years and it's still hard for them to show who they really are. even around their own house so they keep it in the bedroom. Also some people in the community work with kids and if word gets out about them being an AB s*** will hit the fan. they have lost their jobs, families, and even their homes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, daddy-jonny said:

Thats why we have munches and COPCON. i really see no need to push it all out for the whole world to see.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, WBDaddy said:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ForbiddenFruit said:

Depending on where you are, your employment can still be at risk, mind.

Is that a reason to have a big parade for all the exhibitionists and non-cons?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, WBDaddy said:

Is that a reason to have a big parade for all the exhibitionists and non-cons?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ForbiddenFruit said:

I wasn't saying it to disagree with the notion that ABDL pride is unwarranted; just pointing out that I

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

No, you misunderstand, or rather, I should have made myself clearer in the first place - when I said 'we' there I didn't mean ABDL people, I meant queer people. I meant to point out that it wasn't necessarily the case that being queer 'was still such a problematic thing', it still

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, ForbiddenFruit said:

No, you misunderstand, or rather, I should have made myself clearer in the first place - when I said 'we' there I didn't mean ABDL people, I meant queer people. I meant to point out that it wasn't necessarily the case that being queer 'was still such a problematic thing', it still

Share this post


Link to post

The ideas brought up as an ABDL Pride event being a sealed event may sound great on paper, but I still guarantee you if people really want to get in and start trouble they would just buy a ticket to the event and disrupt it in there own way and time once they get inside. I would never attend because no matter how well you think you can keep people who are negative to this out you can't really keep everyone out.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not proud that I wear diapers but I'm not ashamed of it either :P "Pride" events started in the Gay/Lesbian community as away of publicly saying the same thing, but they have evolved into being proud of who you are and that is not a bad thing. By it's very nature, being G/L involves another person intimately whereas this is not always true with diapers. We're a lot like the Trans community in that regard with many more variations of the basic theme than with most G/L's. The Trans community found some acceptance and allies with the G/L's more open-minded approach to life, but that open-mindedness doesn't often extend to us- at least not that far. Maybe someday, maybe not. but one thing is certain- nobody is going to openly support or ally with anyone who they feel will be detrimental to their own goals. So if we want to exercise a similar "pride" we will either have to ensure we are acceptable to the existing events or do it on our own

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now