LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Storing wet cloth diapers until they can be washed

What is the best way to "store" a wet (urine soaked) diaper until your ready to wash them? I dont want to wash one everyday, and id rather wait till I have a few to wash them. I did just take it in the shower and rinsed it out and then placed it in a bag, but i am sure there is a better method.

Try This

After a few changes, I rinse them: Deep Wash, Warm, Extra Rinse. Then dry. Much of the time, they do not even smell. then when I have the dozen or so changes. I wash in Dreft. Whites,Warm and dry. For more details, see my Review

I put mine in a bucket of water with a little Purex bleach. But I do wash diapers and waterproof pants every day and put them away as I don't wear constantly. I only use about three diapers a day because I'm not alone long enough.

Mine go into a diaper pail,wash one a week and all is fine. Get the pail that has a disk in the lid style as you can replace that for great odor control. Diaper pail is dry...no water. Have done this for years

001.JPG

• Like 1

For oder control, one of the best things you can use is baking soda

Umm so would it be OK to leave the cloth diapers in some water with a bit of bleach for a week and then wash them? Seems like the majority leave them in a pail as is.

What about the urine stains? I rinsed mine out in the shower and left them in a bag for 3-4 days and washed them but still have some urine stains.

Mine had been left in the wet bag for almost 4 days as was and rinsed as I described and they do not even smell a bit and no stains

Unless you use an oxygen bleach, the bleach will damage the diapers and being soaking wet does them no goo, either. long term water immersion attacks the fibres

Bleach is never good for diapers in the long run. There is plenty of info on cloth diaper washing, just look for non-abdl cloth diaper sites, most all have care instructions in them. I say non-abdl cuz real babies have been using cloth since the stone age, whereas abdl has just more recently 'come out the closet' so to speak.

1 hour ago, DiaperPilot said:

Bleach is never good for diapers in the long run. There is plenty of info on cloth diaper washing, just look for non-abdl cloth diaper sites, most all have care instructions in them. I say non-abdl cuz real babies have been using cloth since the stone age, whereas abdl has just more recently 'come out the closet' so to speak.

Like This?

http://www.fluffloveuniversity.com/how-to-wash-cloth-diapers/

No, just some cloth diaper fans. That is not all the listed. Go and see how they described things and rated detergents. And that is just PART of their site. I found it when I was getting a new washer and wanted to get the lowdown on HE since that seemed to be the only thing I could get new at the price. It was the first thing that came up. it probably grew over time but it did move and I had to find it again. But as for cleaning rubber panties, we are still on our own

• 2 weeks later...

If you are worried about urine doing any harm, guess what the Romans used to make and keep their togas white

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I mentioned this in another thread, I keep a bucket in my shower and use the shower to fill it so there's always water in it. So whenever I wake up with a wet diaper I can just toss it in there. Then while I'm showering I can rinse it out and then dump out the water and refill it. It works really well and you can leave the diapers in there until you have time to wash them. Also it's a good way to keep them on the downlow if you have roomates, like I do.

I don't use soap or bleach. Soap makes me itch and makes the diapers smell weird. Bleach destroys them over time. I do get some pee stains over time but I like them.

On ?1?/?14?/?2017 at 1:36 AM, Christine Daryleanne said:

Mine had beel lift in the wet bag for almost 4 days as was and rinsed as I described and they do not even smell a bit and no stains

Unless you use an oxygen bleach, the bleach will damage the diapers and being soaking wet does them no goo, either. long term water immersion attacks the fibres

Soaking diapers in a solution of Oxi-Clean really does wonders. Oxi-Clean is an oxygen-based bleach and is safe for diapers. I don't bleach mine all the time because they don't need it--only when they get slightly poop stained. Then wash in the washing machine with hot water and use a second rinse.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like most people soak their diapers until ready to wash. I rinse in the shower and then air dry them on a drying rack. Denver is so dry that they are dry by evening, and then they go into the hamper until laundry day. Works for me.