LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deewet

Products testing

12 posts in this topic

As I mentioned couple days ago, I found a medical supply store in Mpls area that offers premium diapers for sale at their showroom location.  After the visit, I was given several different types to try, and now I am having fun evaluating them.

Yesterday was first "test" and product went about 3-4 hrs before it met its match with my morning heavy wetting, probably absorbing 3 to 4 good offerings prior to leaking out legs of my waterproof panties due to overused diaper within.

Today, am trying another product, but in this case, with a stuffer added and another off the shelf diaper under the top shelf product.  Hope to go well into the afternoon prior to leaking.

Will present my findings at end of my testing, which will be delayed a bit after today till I have time alone again next week.

Looking forward to a relaxing day wetting and enjoying the feeling of just going where ever I am.

DeeWet

1 person likes this

Not sure this is the right forum, but considering I am looking for the best diaper combination for overnight use, thought this area would be fine?

As I said, the first test product, a Tranquility cloth diaper by itself, was saturated to point my waterproof panties started leaking in ~ 4hrs.  I mentioned that i did 3-4 good wettings to that point, but I will modify that as on day 2, I actually charted how many times I wet and considering I take a "water pill" as part of my meds package in the morning, shouldn't have been surprised to shart 7 strong voids in the morning session.

Now the results of day two, I started with a belted diaper pad, added a modified Walgreens special over that modified to act as a soaker, and  topped that off with a Wings premium diaper.  At 3 hrs I decided to change my soaker as it was well used after 7 good wettings.  (I drink coffee and lots of water throughout the day)  The second soaker extended the Wings through to 7 hrs, with 6 more soakings during the afternoon.  I was impressed, the Wings diaper went 7 hrs, although I did change the soaker about mid way through all this.  

I have one other product to test, the Tranquility ATN, but I believe with the extra soaker addition, this product should surpass even the wings performance due to the plastic outer cover.  

Not sure when I will finish up this final test, but will advise outcome soon after.

Hope this information becomes helpful to some, certainly others may already know things like this but I had to learn myself it seems, there are large differences in premium diapers as opposed to the typical drug store variety.

Dee Wet

What kind of pictures are we speaking of, of the products side by side?

Of the diapers on me originally?

If you are thinking of after they are used, they are quite the mess as mentioned I was wearing waterproof panties to get to max capacity, as the diapers became saturated prior to any leakage out the legs of the waterproof panties, not very picture worthy at that point as all clumped up. Kinda like a cloth diaper when it is totally soaked.

I live In Minnesota wear is that A place with A show room can you tell up

I did mention something about this  in another section , the company reviews section, but will post that response here.

Success, I found a medical supply store HandiMedical in St Paul, on  University Ave that does carry premium diapers.  They were very helpfull to me  and I left with a package of Tranquility ATN, the plastic backed version, and a handful of half dozen other samples, some looking quite interesting.  I also purchased another waterproof pantie, in a larger size from what I typically use, as the extra padding in the diapers I left with will require something a bit larger than what I have.

A great find, and wonderful service!!

with regard to the photos of the products, I may be able to do something with this latter this week, I always struggle getting the camera set us so pic size is appropriate but I will try.

I added a topic product review under the photos area where I added some pics of the different diapers I am evaluating.  Hope that helps explain what I am working with.

Will add the final review of the Tranquility ATN when I get the chance to give it a fair test

thank you

I wonder if any of the adult nappy manufacturers want someone who genuinely needs nappies 24/7 to test their products.

ben using cloth diapers ,  all of my almost 60 years ! . wow just to say that , makes me feel old . what happen to the time.  in the past few years ben purchasing my diapers from MOMMYS-NURSERY ON EBAY . she a nice little gal who understands us .  I like my diapers thick as always . if your over 50 its the way we were raised. remember the time when diapers and plastic pant hand out on most people clothes lines

for me I use cloth too I am a side sleeper and cloth just work best with plastic pants

I have used ATNs for years and I had my best results using a Huggies size 6 Little Movers.

I cut 9 - inch long slits in the front of the baby diaper (three rows of three) and two -  2 inch slits near the fold of the back and 1 - 1 inch slit in the middle of the back.

I am usually able to soak both diapers without any leaks.  I also wear plastic pants.

Good luck with your testing.

I was able to do the last trial a couple days ago, but was a bit disappointed with the ATN as only using one extra diaper for a soaker, had to change it after about 3.5 hrs and half dozen morning soakings,  and found that the tapes on the ATN were not designed to be re used, so I used some shipping tape to make due.  the combination of the not tight enough diaper and fact that I was sitting at my desk caused some leg leaking after another hour so had to toss in the towel or diaper in this case.

I will be traveling again next week and will do the soakers a bit different as suggested.  A few more slits in the front of the diaper can't hurt anything, and considering I will be in bed wetting will allow the back of the diapers to do their job as well, so expect a couple of really wet and wonderful nights coming up.  I expect this combination will allow the outer ATN to become soaked sooner, so should see the combination of both getting fully soaked at same time, which will extend the time to change out I expect.

I was a bit disappointed in the performance of the salk water proof panties when sitting at my desk.  Not sure why the legs started leaking when they did as I was not squishy or swimming  yet at the time, maybe I need to find some fuller plastic panties with tighter leg and waist elastics?  Any suggestions