LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stents and UTIs?

I started practicing stretching with an 8mm silicone sound (hollow), for an hour at a time.

Had the usual for a beginner tiny bit of blood come out upon removal, and there was burning for about a day each time after urinating.

That went away, but about three or four days later after having not used the sound at all, the burning came back really badly all of a sudden. There's no blood at all. So I did all the usual stuff like drinking lots of water and cranberry juice. The burning has gone down a lot but is still a little bit there another two days later.

I

You're saying the burning has gone down a lot, which makes me think that you don't have a UTI. You might have had an infection in the urethra, but even that I highly doubt as you would've rather described it as an itching sensation. I think you just caused some minor tearings in the surrounding tissue. If you get a fever, you should check it up.

For the sterilization: don't forget to use antibacterial soap on your meatus to prevent introducing bacteria in the insertion phase. Also be sure to wash your hands carefully, especially your fingertips. Use alcohol your hands after washing them. Sorry if i'm saying stuff you already know, I just want to make sure you follow all steps. If it's silicone it's safe to boil it. Have it in boiling water for 30 minutes (no need to use alcohol on it afterwards). Be sure your lubricant is sterile (one time use).

Well I screwed up big time. Had blood in there today, burning and urgency got worse again, so went to the local clinic to test.

He said the bacteria levels were crazy high and I must've had the infection for more than a few days.

I asked about skipping the antibiotic but he said it would be a really bad idea to risk it at this level.

Sigh. I might try one more time, with full on extreme sterilization, but this is very discouraging to my stent plans =(

The pain and risk isn't really that bad, but having to take antibiotics definitely is.

4 hours ago, sunwutian said:

Well I screwed up big time. Had blood in there today, burning and urgency got worse again, so went to the local clinic to test.

He said the bacteria levels were crazy high and I must've had the infection for more than a few days.

I think we all learn the hard way that is how not to get a UTI. Take the antibiotic and next time use something like Povidone iodine 10%. Since I starter cleaning the meatus with this I have been UTI free. I also soak my stents in 90% alcohol for ten minutes and then allow to air dry. Oh and Cranberry juice does help despite the negative comments on some sites.

Play safe and stay clean.

8 hours ago, sunwutian said:

I asked about skipping the antibiotic but he said it would be a really bad idea to risk it at this level.

Sigh. I might try one more time, with full on extreme sterilization, but this is very discouraging to my stent plans =(

The pain and risk isn't really that bad, but having to take antibiotics definitely is.

Sorry to hear, although i'm glad you got it sorted out.

Spent a week on ciprofloxacin, seems to have kicked it.

While I had one tablet left, I thought I should try one more time.

So this time, I took the last cipro, then took a D-mannose supplement, then took out an all-steel version of the cage that has the stent/sound permanently fused onto the device. No silicone involved. So I put that into my water kettle and boiled it for 20 minutes straight, completely submerged. Then I washed my entire area with anti-bacterial soap and dried it off. Then I took 91% isopropyl alcohol onto a fresh towel and wiped the entire meatus down. Burned quite a lot, but that's okay. Then I put on gloves, and poured some silicone lubricant (with no glycerin) into them, and coated the stent portion and inserted it. Finally, I wiped down the outside of the cage with the alcohol to make sure it was clean.

This steel stent is about 30% shorter in length, and a lot less uncomfortable. Left it in for an hour. Voiding was painless and felt natural this time. The entire time I drank a ton of fluids. No blood after I took it out. Then I took another D-mannose supplement and made sure to void right away to try and empty out the urethra.

I have to say, it feels really nice having this thing in there! It's surprising. It also makes the cage inescapable, and makes me totally unwilling to try and cheat it for fear of causing damage, so on those fronts it's such a huge success that I really hope I can pull this off routinely in the future.

Going forward, I have purchased a 144ct box of 3oz Surgilube packets, and I also bought a box of 50ct individually sealed powder-free sterile gloves. I've read that using iodine on the meatus isn't shown to really make a difference, and could in fact make things worse.

So I think this is going to be my routine going forward, but I'll welcome any suggestions to make things even safer! :)

I do have some pictures yes, please see attached :)

With the older silicon tube that was 80mm long, I could do nothing but lie straight in bed or stand straight up. Any other movements would cause a good bit of pain. With this new one, I have to be careful sitting and I can't bend down to pick things up, but on the whole it's a lot more comfy. Hoping with time I'll get used to it and be able to move freely. Then when I get good at that, I'll start looking into making my own incontinence stent :)

It's possible this type of stent can allow bacteria to travel up the tube. But with constant voiding it should flush anything that tries to travel up the tube, I would think. Even still, I don't think I'll risk longer than 24 hours at the very most without taking it out and boiling it again.

About the iodine part, it seems to go against modern advice. If it's a "can't hurt" situation I don't mind trying it anyway. But what worries me is some sites say it can increase risk of UTI.

http://www.atitesting.com/ati_next_gen/skillsmodules/content/urinary-catheter-care/equipment/cleaning-and-personal-hygiene.html

"Do not use povidone-iodine, alcohol, or any other strong agent on the genital area. Although this practice was common in the past, it has been shown that it does not reduce infection and is more painful."

s-l1600a.jpg

s-l1600b.jpg

s-l1600c.jpg

Interesting device. Not sure I like the pain your are experiencing or the getting use to it idea. Are you adding a hose or something to reach your bladder?

As for the cleaning with iodine that surprises me. Not sure I understand the pain part. I have no pain ever.

Oh no, this doesn't cause incontinence at all. Stent is probably the wrong word, but it's also not really a sound. I guess you could call it a hollow sound maybe, although sounds are usually used as an aid in self pleasuring, which this device is designed to prevent, so... I don't know how to classify this thing