LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
technomonkey

Molicare Slip Maxi vs molicare super plus

15 posts in this topic

Has any one tried the new  Molicare Slip Briefs, Maxi that took over the molicare super plus. I went to order my normal case of molicare super plus just to find out they got replaced. I hope the new ones have the soft plastic like the old ones.

You better give some reviews! 

They got replaced? Dang, I used to love the Super Plus line 

8 hours ago, LittleAmytheil said:

They got replaced? Dang, I used to love the Super Plus line 

They were my favorite, and I loved the purple. They remained unchanged for ages.  The backing is now a very institutional blue color, and it holds 23 oz instead of 30 according to NorthShore. I wonder if the change in color was for guys too insecure to wear lavender.

https://www.everynappy.co.uk/blog/molicare-maxi-molicare-super-plus-is-back

This link shows a comparison of the Super Plus, and the new Maxi.

I just got a large bag of these, after going through a bag of the old medium. Really the only major differences I could tell were color, and the tapes. The top tapes are smaller than the bottoms, but they seem to hold just fine.

Capacity seems to be about the same, with the large holding slightly more, obviously.

Wish they would fix their padding so that it wouldn't separate and fall apart when wet. I had the same issue with the mediums. Will probably be the last bag of Molis that I try.

Overall if you were happy with the old super plus, I think you'll be just as happy with the new slip.

Taken the information on the site of Everynappy is correct this might prove to be the start of a very positive change. If some of the diaper manufacturers become aware that turning cotton feel wasn’t the best choice they have made, we could be in for a surprise. I do have to agree with the remark Frankt1234 made. The padding of the diaper used to break apart if wet and if it still does I would have been nice if they’d had changed that too.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, cruxshadow said:

They were my favorite, and I loved the purple. They remained unchanged for ages.  The backing is now a very institutional blue color, and it holds 23 oz instead of 30 according to NorthShore. I wonder if the change in color was for guys too insecure to wear lavender.

https://www.everynappy.co.uk/blog/molicare-maxi-molicare-super-plus-is-back

This link shows a comparison of the Super Plus, and the new Maxi.

I loved the purple too. And honestly they were my favorite :( I guess I'll plan on getting a sample pack if those are still available of the new Maxi to see if I still like them.

On 1/6/2017 at 4:58 PM, Rockies Fan in Diapers said:

I loved the purple too. And honestly they were my favorite :( I guess I'll plan on getting a sample pack if those are still available of the new Maxi to see if I still like them.

Be sure to let us know what you think of them.

When I get my sample pack, I let you know. I just recently moved, so it may be a bit, before I get them.

Got a case last week. They seem to work well and feel comfy. Apart from the obvious colour and different tapes the rest looks unchanged from the purple/pink SUper plus of old.

Gets my vote.

1 person likes this

Thanks Rachel

Is XPMedical the only place to order Molicares from online? I looked at XP Medical, but right now they only have the Molicares Comfort Super listed, not the Comfort Super Plus & the super plus are the ones I was looking at checking out again.

I got the "new" Molicares from Amazon

I get Molicare from the VA.  The batch I received from them was the new MAXI.  I would say that all is the same besides the color and the tapes seem to do a better job staying attached.

I too recently got some of the new Maxi Slip. The tapes seem the same to me. The Super Plus I have also have the small tapes on top. The only difference to the tapes is that they are no longer printed with "Molicare". I also weighed them and they weigh exactly the same so I'd assume their absorbency is exactly the same. As best I can tell, as others have said, the only difference is the color and I guess the printing on the tapes. 

I did like the purple I have to say though. As you can maybe tell by my avatar I am a big fan of the color.