LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Waking Up Wet or Wetting

September 8, 2017: Last night I wore a NorthShore Supreme taped brief and a large booster pad to bed. I vaguely remember waking up and wetting, but I don't remember needing to pee or deciding to pee. I must have just gone back to sleep, rather than reporting it here, as I should have done.

My tally so far this calendar year is 58 wet nights.

In every night wetness bar one, measured by weight gain, I've dumped more than 1 litre of pee into my night attire of slip-style disposable + terry towelling pants + plastic pants. Almost always the figure exceeds 1200ml (say 40 US Fluid Ounces). This suggests at least three wettings per night. On a few occasions I have exceeded 2 litres.

Something I've noticed consistently is this: The first time that my bladder is full enough to wake me (typically 300-400ml), I wake up. If reassured that I'm adequately diapered, I allow myself to wet. But second and subsequent wettings don't wake me. I stay asleep.

Has anybody else noticed this "already wet"

September 11, 2017: Each of the past three nights I've worn a diaper to bed and wet it sometime during the night. My memories of the wettings are vague, which is the main reason that I believe that I began to wet in my sleep, rather than waking up needing to pee and deciding to do it in my diaper. Last night I mainly remember a sort of vibration as I emptied my bladder. My NorthShore Supreme taped brief and booster pad wicked the urine away quickly enough that I didn't have any feeling of wetness, which is unfortunate. I

On 9/10/2017 at 7:26 AM, Orchidectomy said:

My tally so far this calendar year is 58 wet nights.

In every night wetness bar one, measured by weight gain, I've dumped more than 1 litre of pee into my night attire of slip-style disposable + terry towelling pants + plastic pants. Almost always the figure exceeds 1200ml (say 40 US Fluid Ounces). This suggests at least three wettings per night. On a few occasions I have exceeded 2 litres.

Something I've noticed consistently is this: The first time that my bladder is full enough to wake me (typically 300-400ml), I wake up. If reassured that I'm adequately diapered, I allow myself to wet. But second and subsequent wettings don't wake me. I stay asleep.

Has anybody else noticed this "already wet"

Several issues at work here, in combination.

As regards pee volume, that's attributable to my habit/need to drink more than average - preferably weak tea. Reason: I'm a lifelong migraine sufferer and dehydration can trigger a migraine, writing off the best part of a day. Therefore I err on the side of caution and routinely down three mugs of tea last thing before heading to bed. Almost certainly this is a major contributary cause of bedwetting. I used to regard bedwetting as the lesser of two evils, but now that I've made it into a game I don't fret over it. And the migraines? Maybe two per year rather than two per week.

To ensure that I sleep right through (say 8 hours without stirring), I put on my night-time diapers at about 17:00 / 5pm and spend the evening dressed in plastic pants. It's then as good as certain that I will have wet myself deliberately before going to bed sometime after 22:30.. Already wet, I won't wake up until the next morning. A slight cheat, but guaranteed to produce a very, very wet diaper overnight.

What constitutes a wet night in my tally?

• Like 1

Hi, Gobphus. You seem to have started a long-running thread with this one.

> Wow, when you wet, you really wet a lot!

True. But it must be in several sessions, because the total weight gain in my diaper is several times the weight of pee I produce if I unload one full bladder into a measuring jug, day or night.

> When you don't wet, do you wake up during the night to use the toilet or do you wake up dry in the morning?

I don't recall sleeping through since age 11. So its either a wet bed, a wet diaper, or a walk to the bathroom. Chamber pots seem to have gone out of fashion.

> Have you always wet in your sleep?

I was dry from about four until age 11. A couple of weeks before my eleventh birthday an attempt at orchidopexy (US English: Orchiopexy) failed due to what I can best describe as 'short plumbing'. Potentially fully functional, but would not reach. I was wet for some months but then recovered control. They had another go a year later, which also failed. The nature of what happened next, in the 1950s and early 1960s regarded as a necessary precaution against testicular cancer, you might be able to deduce from my User Name. There's no obvious physical reason why that should induce long-term nocturnal enuresis, but emotionally? When it is done at the onset of puberty and the boy has not been briefed on the possible adverse outcome? I do sometimes wonder whether my wetting is some form of substitute for reproductive emissions.

25 minutes ago, Orchidectomy said:

Hi, Gobphus. You seem to have started a long-running thread with this one.

> Wow, when you wet, you really wet a lot!

True. But it must be in several sessions, because the total weight gain in my diaper is several times the weight of pee I produce if I unload one full bladder into a measuring jug, day or night.

> When you don't wet, do you wake up during the night to use the toilet or do you wake up dry in the morning?

I don't recall sleeping through since age 11. So its either a wet bed, a wet diaper, or a walk to the bathroom. Chamber pots seem to have gone out of fashion.

> Have you always wet in your sleep?

I was dry from about four until age 11. A couple of weeks before my eleventh birthday an attempt at orchidopexy (US English: Orchiopexy) failed due to what I can best describe as 'short plumbing'. Potentially fully functional, but would not reach. I was wet for some months but then recovered control. They had another go a year later, which also failed. The nature of what happened next, in the 1950s and early 1960s regarded as a necessary precaution against testicular cancer, you might be able to deduce from my User Name. There's no obvious physical reason why that should induce long-term nocturnal enuresis, but emotionally? When it is done at the onset of puberty and the boy has not been briefed on the possible adverse outcome? I do sometimes wonder whether my wetting is some form of substitute for reproductive emissions.

My principal "problem" with what happened was that no child HAD to undergo orchidectomy in this situation. What peeves me is that the decision was taken for me, such that I was not given the choice of being left intact and monitored for testicular cancer later. A cancerous outcome of a failed orchidopexy is only a risk, not a certainty.

It is entirely possible - indeed, likely - that nerve damage took place as a side-effect of the attempts to reposition things where they should have been. But just as I recovered control a few months after the first attempt, so I assume I would have done second time around had it not been for the emotional trauma of the unfavourable outcome.

I do have reasonable daytime control, but occasionally I "lose it" big time. To save you asking, this has been logged in my diary 6 times so far this year but as yet, even after all these decades, no cause-effect relationship has been identified. By day I try to 'go' to a clock-determined routine, but occasionally everything goes wrong. There seem to be occasions when I try to pee to order, fail, yet soon after wet myself.

Therefore, when out and about, I tend to wear a pull-up disposable of a type sufficient to cope with one full bladder. For reassurance as much as need, I like a heavy gauge PVC pant over that. 6mil is OK, but I really favour the 8mil ones when I can get them.

Not being familiar with the PM system here, would it be possible for you to message me first and so set up the link? I agree it possibly isn't appropriate to detail on the public site things such as my development (in terms of Tanner Stages and so on) at the time of the second operation. Suffice it to say here that a cryptorchid boy does produce testosterone. What I lost at age 12 wasn't totally immature.

• 3 weeks later...

October 1, 2017: At 1:45 yesterday afternoon I took a 5 mg Valium tablet to prevent claustrophobia during an MRI. At 6:30 yesgterday evening I began to drink a small glass of sherry. Around 10:30 last night

On 01/10/2017 at 9:21 AM, gobphus said:

October 1, 2017: At 1:45 yesterday afternoon I took a 5 mg Valium tablet to prevent claustrophobia during an MRI. At 6:30 yesgterday evening I began to drink a small glass of sherry. Around 10:30 last night

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Being aware of "wanting to go" every 5 to 10 minutes certainy qualifies for wearing diapers 24/7!  Many here might say "Lucky you!". Doing a little wee-wee in their pants, several times per hour, is their ideal.

As for the cause in your case being OAB (Overactive Bladder), that's a definite maybe. According to the literature (referenced from the OAB page of Wikipedia),  more than 40% of people with overactive bladder have incontinence. About 40% to 70% of urinary incontinence is due to overactive bladder. The relationship between the two is poorly understood; you cannot properly attribute causation here.

It is possible to create the symptoms you describe by drinking Barley Water in place of other non-alcoholic drinks. Just beware that many commercial concentrates contain aspartame, an artificial sweetener not universally accepted as without allergy problems. For me personally, aspartame is a migraine trigger, so I cannot go down that route.

My recommendation would be to accept the need to wear high-uptake diapers (8-drip rating) , topped with both towelling and plastic pants to deal with any little leaks from the disposable. Assuming you pass the usual 2000 to 3000ml per 24 hours, you should then need to change typically 3 times per day. No need to be on a permanent hunt for the next WC, just let it come in your diaper - day or night, at home or out-&-about.

If we are in the realms of real-world rather than AB Play, you should also get medical checks of both Prostate and Bladder, especially if the condition has developed since puberty rather than having a history indicative of a lifelong problem. 

According to the literature (referenced from the OAB page of Wikipedia),  more than 40% of people with overactive bladder have incontinence. About 40% to 70% of urinary incontinence is due to overactive bladder. The relationship between the two is poorly understood; you cannot properly attribute causation here.

I think it would be more correct to say that OAB is a form of incontinence- Wikipedia isn't always 100% correct in all of its assertions ;) Ditto for causation; mine comes from a nerve dysfunction. You are right about that being little understood- they can't pinpoint exactly where my dysfunction is happening (brain? nerve? spinal irritation?) although they know it's happening somewhere :whistling:

The semantics aren't that important compared to the big picture, but they can be confusing and misleading which is why my response. Best for all to have the same understanding of what words actually mean B)

Bettypooh

I think i have oab i pee constantly 5-10min is this a sign of urinary incontinence 

If you _pee_ constantly 5-10 min, then this probably not OAB wet, but more likely a overflow incontinence. If you have the need to pee every 5-10min you may have a bladder infection. How ever you should consult a doc immediately for checking this... Both can be pretty dangerous. In case of to high bladder pressure (might be the case with overflow incontinence) your can damage your kidneys. A acute collapse of the kidneys may kill you and is a medical emergency.  

In general to the OAB discussion: Now a days there is no more diagnosis of "urge incontinence" but you differ between OAB dry and OAB wet. Both can be treated by medication and continence training.

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2018 at 4:48 AM, Orchidectomy said:

Being aware of "wanting to go" every 5 to 10 minutes certainy qualifies for wearing diapers 24/7!  Many here might say "Lucky you!". Doing a little wee-wee in their pants, several times per hour, is their ideal.

As for the cause in your case being OAB (Overactive Bladder), that's a definite maybe. According to the literature (referenced from the OAB page of Wikipedia),  more than 40% of people with overactive bladder have incontinence. About 40% to 70% of urinary incontinence is due to overactive bladder. The relationship between the two is poorly understood; you cannot properly attribute causation here.

It is possible to create the symptoms you describe by drinking Barley Water in place of other non-alcoholic drinks. Just beware that many commercial concentrates contain aspartame, an artificial sweetener not universally accepted as without allergy problems. For me personally, aspartame is a migraine trigger, so I cannot go down that route.

My recommendation would be to accept the need to wear high-uptake diapers (8-drip rating) , topped with both towelling and plastic pants to deal with any little leaks from the disposable. Assuming you pass the usual 2000 to 3000ml per 24 hours, you should then need to change typically 3 times per day. No need to be on a permanent hunt for the next WC, just let it come in your diaper - day or night, at home or out-&-about.

If we are in the realms of real-world rather than AB Play, you should also get medical checks of both Prostate and Bladder, especially if the condition has developed since puberty rather than having a history indicative of a lifelong problem. 

I got checked out two days ago no diabetes but i am urge urinary incontinent just got diagnosed.

On 5/18/2017 at 4:06 AM, Wet Knight said:

Ive notice when drinking some days involuntarily wet

31 minutes ago, TGalactic2012 said:

I got checked out two days ago no diabetes but i am urge urinary incontinent just got diagnosed.

Ive notice when drinking some days involuntarily wet

Different causation, same diaper routine I guess. Nothing much has altered here since my last post except that my wetting has become even less controlled than before. Whereas a couple of years ago I would sometimes, when diapered, choose to wet myself, now I'm pretty much unaware until the disposable needs changing. I remain of the opinion that there is a psychological aspect to this, brought about by surgery, and I also remain committed to wearing the heaviest plastic pants that I can obtain.

Since becoming bladder and bowel incontinent last summer, I wake up wet every day. Most days, I also have a mess in my diaper when I wake up or I wake up in the middle of pooping my diaper. It is very rare that I wake up in a clean diaper. I never wake up dry.

Since becoming bladder and bowel incontinent last summer, I wake up wet every day. Most days, I also have a mess in my diaper when I wake up or I wake up in the middle of pooping my diaper. It is very rare that I wake up in a clean diaper. I never wake up dry.

That to bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk