LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

do diapers make you wet more

oldwetter66

On 9/30/2017 at 1:25 PM, stevewet said:
On 9/30/2017 at 1:19 PM, John73 said:

Yes, I can relate to this. Diapers do actually make you wet more and it's because you are feeling more secure. When you are incontinent, but not fully and you don't have a diaper on your body automatically stops flooding in your pants. 

Sorry, but at last for me this is not true. Actualy I know two situation when I wet myself at night:

1) I wake up with a soaked diaper.

2) I wake up with a heavy urge. When I situp and try to go the toilet I normaly lose control ether while getting up or on the way. 

I try my best to hold it because I hate to wet myself uncontroled and some times I make it to the toilet in time. How ever it matters little if I diaperd or not. The only consequence not beeing diapered is a wet the bed or a wet flor... Unfortunatly at last my body doesn’t care if I’m diaperd or not - I would be more then happy if he would, because the I would be coninent again.

I would have to agree on the no part as well .  Wearing a diaper  does  not  increase  youre volume  of  produced  urine . what it does  IF you also use sed diaper for urinating out of youre free will is to teach and retrain youre bladder to regress back to actually release it self  when it feels full . And consequently youre bladder will also shrink  and does also being less capable to storage any larger amounts of urine and  release it self  on a more regular basis  .                  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

At night I don’t know but I do pee more often during the day if in diapers 

On 12/15/2016 at 11:24 PM, jesse78 said:

Not sure if i wet more at night although i wear a diaper anytime i go to bed it's more not having to get up and pee i just use my diaper. I have noticed that if i'm wearing diapers during the day i do pee more

On 11/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, iampadded said:

Yes-In my case diapers certainly mean I will bedwet with more frequency. However, I sleep much more soundly.  I think I pee the bed less without them because I am 1/2 awake all night.

I'm not sure it has much effect on me one way or the other. I usually wear mainly when I'm drinking and then I need one because I dont wake up. But if I'm not drinking I don't stay awake half the night without one on. Ive had a few sober accidents too but with a limited income wearing every night is just too expensive.

• 1 month later...

I think that wearing diapers 24/7 makes you used to wetting, and getting more and more comfortable wetting. So when people say that they make you wet?? I do think it can seam like it. But in reality they will mentally make you relaxed enough to wet more often ,,like not wanting to get up to go to the bathroom ,, when on a computer or playing a game etc.

I do know it's relaxing to be diapered, so I will make the decision to get up,, to just let loose. Just my own experiences and thoughts.

Just now, foreverdl said:

I think that wearing diapers 24/7 makes you used to wetting, and getting more and more comfortable wetting. So when people say that they make you wet?? I do think it can seam like it. But in reality they will mentally make you relaxed enough to wet more often ,,like not wanting to get up to go to the bathroom ,, when on a computer or playing a game etc.

I do know it's relaxing to be diapered, so I will make the decision to get up,, to just let loose. Just my own experiences and thoughts.

the phsical component of any disused system, in this case, the uriniary control system,  atrophies over time. This means that it kind of goes away to a certain extent. So you will become less continent over time

20 hours ago, Little Christine said:

the phsical component of any disused system, in this case, the uriniary control system,  atrophies over time. This means that it kind of goes away to a certain extent. So you will become less continent over time

How many yrs will it take? I have worn 24/7 since 2013 ? I still have full control. I have only peed while awake when I want to do so. I may have peed my diaper a few times at night without knowing ,,And don't get me wrong I really wish you would be rite here. I just don't know what I have been doing wrong. Maybe you can let me know what I am doing wrong?        

Added Note ,,,,,,,,,I forgot the real reason  I started wearing a pull-up for daytime,,,, I had the occasional wet spot without a pad of some kind. But I don't know if I am still dribbling all the time because the baby diapers are very good at absorbing and if its a bunch of small dribbles, or sweat. Sometimes it's just difficult. 

Edited by foreverdl
Note. history that I felt needed to be added

So if I use a pull-up which is very rare I do tend to feel when I need to pee but never make it in time to the potty on time but if I’m in a taped diaper then I never feel the urge  I’m guessing it’s maybe because I feel more secure in a taped diaper therefore no need to pay attention to if I need to pee.

3 hours ago, Newbee said:

So if I use a pull-up which is very rare I do tend to feel when I need to pee but never make it in time to the potty on time but if I’m in a taped diaper then I never feel the urge  I’m guessing it’s maybe because I feel more secure in a taped diaper therefore no need to pay attention to if I need to pee.

I think you may have it there because mentally if you feel secure you will pee without thinking about it . I need to feel the security of the diaper I have on so I can release my pee. The Depend with a baby diaper as my insert pad is my daytime diaper. I do feel pretty secure with it. I will be a little scare to pee if I am out in public what if it leaks? Is what goes through my head. I also have a shy bladder in a public bathroom. So I need to let my pee fill the diaper slowly when I am not wearing my plastic pants. I am still working up to wearing plastic pants in public .I don't have enough plastic pants that are quiet. I can't afford to buy more, I am making th plans to get more in the near future..... I feel I am old enough to not worry about what a stranger thinks, but tell it to my brain??

@DiaperDean

The question of this has been asked several times, and I don't know whether people think that the simple act of HAVING a diaper on means that you will wet or mess more or not.  I guess the answer to this is based on the person, and the way their body reacts.

This "reaction" is based on "conditioning."  The simple act of diapering yourself, and wearing a diaper will NOT outright cause you to start peeing and messing yourself, because your body has been trained to use the toilet.  In order for you to start using a diaper to release, you HAVE to "recondition" your bladder and brain to allow for your brain to "OK"  this behavior, and for your bladder/bowels to relax, whenever and wherever they feel something in there.

For those who are Incontinent, and wearing because of this, they wear to be able to deal with this, and the moment they feel the need to go, they will release into their diaper.  Remember, that a diaper is used to catch the release, so they don't make a mess on the floor or anywhere else, and if you don't have any control, the moment you feel it, you're gonna release. That is because you lack the muscles to control it.  If you lack the control, and you have to release, you are gonna know it, and you will NEED to get rid of it.

Think of it this way: You put a diaper on: You drink and eat a lot of good food, and you get TICKLED relentlessly - Eventually, you will wet and mess yourself if you are stimulated enough.  This is because your bladder will involuntarily release because you are being tickled.  The same thing could be said if someone gave you an enema, and then diapered you:  You may be able to hold it for a while, but eventually, you WILL Release in that diaper.  This is because you are being stimulated, and your body is being stimulated, and you are going to mess yourself and release that enema.

That is what I think it is like to be incontinent:  At a Moment's NOTICE, you can feel the need to go, and actually DO it, and you have no way to prepare, or time to think about it: It's DONE in seconds, and you have a wet or dirty diaper to change.  I deal with that daily, and I can tell you, that if I have to go, there is no time to think.   You may not even FEEL anything, and then you have a mess to deal with or a wet/mess combination to deal with.

So NO:  Diapers do not in themselves cause you to wet moreIf you are conditioned to use a diaper, you may appear to wet more if you are holding something back that needs to be released.  You should NEVER attempt to prolong the hold of anything, because it can hurt you physically, and that is NOT good.  If you are gonna condition yourself, it takes time, and it is basically the reverse of potty training - You are "undoing" the training you learned when you were younger....and reconditioning yourself  to use the diaper you are wearing ;)

Good Luck!

Brian

I feel the diaper makes me more comfy and I just pee it because it feels good. The pee warms up my testicles in turn warming up my penis and giving me shivers while walking or jogging outside, and we all know the chilly weather makes us pee. Diapers give me an extra urge to pee more I guess.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

For the first time I know of in about 35 years I went to bed dry and woke up wet this morning. I sleep padded about 2-3 times a week and I happened to be this morning. Didn't realize I was wet until I put my hand in to readjust myself. Even then I wasn't sure so I checked the bedroom mirror. Sure enough, yellowish and no longer dry tykables pride diaper.

• Like 1