LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

XP Medical - Ownership Change

Sometime during the summer (2016) Gary Evans sold the XP Medical diaper business he created in 2003 and built into a respected business with solid customer service and excellent (non ab branded) diapers.

The first big difference is the website. I don't like it because it doesn't work well with older browsers, and the layout is not as simple as the one Gary had for years. In addition, it has taken them two months to make critical changes from the first version of their new website - like adding the selection of "case" to at least one of the diaper brands they carry. That is fixed now, but they seem to lack the agile biz model that Gary always demonstrated.

Absorbency + --Gary's own invention to replace the disappearance of plastic backed diapers when Abena largely stopped making them-- was available in two "levels" 3 and 4. These corresponded to the "levels" that Abena uses. "4" is the most absorbent and thickets; "3" was an in-between level with a slightly reduced price. In many cases, worked just fine. However, the new owner has discontinued Level 3.

They say that Gary remains as a "consultant" -- and that he recommended discontinuing Level 3. (In speaking with a customer service rep.)

• 2 weeks later...
On December 3, 2016 at 3:03 AM, Hookedondiapers said:

Has anyone else noticed their strange pricing structure?

On items where they offer half cases, the per-diaper cost is higher than buying individual bags.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought something was a little funny.... the new address on the bottom of the page.

So here I am running out of my Level 3 A+ diapers... I was going to wait a few days for the beginning of the year to use my FSA for 2017, so I am suprised and in a bind since my supplies are low now.

I don't like the level 4 diapers.... I just don't need a diaper that thick, and they show more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear this about XP. They used to ship fast and promptly and were very affordable. I wore A+ Level 4 quite a bit.

In the last year, I've gotten hooked on Rearz and they have lower shipping prices now, so I've not looked back.

Hopefully, the new owners turn things around.

• 8 months later...

So thats what happened... I noticed that my shipments stopped being packaged discretely. It isn't too bad because I use the attends with waistband and its not like the word "diapers" is printed on the case in huge letters or anything. You can find the name attends though, in small print, if you know where to look.

As a few others have posted I also noticed they stopped selling samples.

I hope they don't go under. I LOVE the attends with waistband. 2-3 of these at once and its the closest thing to 80s diapers that I've been able to find.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 12:17 AM, WetDad said:

Yes. I still order my Senis from them, even though it takes longer for the shipping now.

Used to order my Senis from XP. Now I use WholesalePoint. Faster and quite a bit cheaper. They also carry Abena etc.

I stoped using xpmedical because I had (still have) a suspicion of them faking products. I use to order Abri Let Maxi boosters from them but then their packaging and boosters changed. Now they looks like the same packaging as their absorbency + Packaging and when I ordered them from other adult incontinent stores, they are different. I haven't ordered from there in well over a year. Then again I have been wearing Tykables products a lot lately. 

9 hours ago, padded_husky said:

I stoped using xpmedical because I had (still have) a suspicion of them faking products. I use to order Abri Let Maxi boosters from them but then their packaging and boosters changed. Now they looks like the same packaging as their absorbency + Packaging and when I ordered them from other adult incontinent stores, they are different. I haven't ordered from there in well over a year. Then again I have been wearing Tykables products a lot lately. 

If memory serves the Abri-Let Maxi actually went out of production. It would not surprise me if XP tried to produce their own version to meet demand. Other incon suppliers may be selling old stock.

Xpmedical use to be my go to place to order from. I`ve never had any issues with them. They were probably one of the first places I can remember that were offering online top shelve European diapers like molicares and then Abriforms . Although they do have some good quality diapers for a decent price  , it`s a little disappointing they don't add to the choices of some of the newer available diapers that are out now.  

Online shopping now has changed and their are many more choices .  Amazon prime ,, free shipping and 2 day delivery on top quality diapers is stiff competition  . Northshore is another . They need to keep up with the times and the market to stay competitive . Loyalty only goes so far  when it comes to price ,  choices and delivery time.

On 12/28/2017 at 12:33 AM, padded_husky said:

On 12/28/2017 at 10:06 AM, Darkfinn said:

If memory serves the Abri-Let Maxi actually went out of production. It would not surprise me if XP tried to produce their own version to meet demand. Other incon suppliers may be selling old stock.

Abena changed the package quantity on the Abena Abri-Let Maxi's (cut the quantity in half) and have gone with a pretty plain clear packaging (I believe until they figure out the new packaging or if they stick with this quantity). Here is an excerpt from the memo we received from Abena regarding the "new" maxi's.

Just found this in our emails from last year from our Abena rep. Hopefully this helps answer both of your concerns.

We are proud to unveil the latest evolution in our Abri‐Let™ family of “Flow‐Thru” booster pads   (Item # 4035).  This premium “booster” product offers the wearer a specialized design with the ability to  add 1300 ml of increased absorbency, to extend the wear of any other absorbent product. This supports  the wearer with more security and odor control to promote confidence and security, while the increased  absorbency allows for less frequent changing and overall cost savings.    

Our new design allows us to offer our end user customers: 

 Enhanced Performance: our new design now features Superabsorbent Polymers (SAP) and  offers improvements in acquisition rate, absorbency and rewet – all which help the product   to stay drier and feel more comfortable against the skin  

 Sleeker pack format resulting in a smaller shelf footprint and reduced freight costs  on retail bag orders 

What Changes: 

‐ New bag count: now 6 bags of 20 (formerly 3 bags of 40); lower shipping cost on retail orders

‐ New packaging design: we will temporarily offer this product  in a white package and label as shown right, as we finalize   the new packaging design later this year 

What Stays the Same: 

‐ Item number: 4035  ‐ Case count: still 120 per case 

‐ Pricing per case: has not changed 

Alex
Owner/Operator
LLMedico.com

• 3 months later...

As I posted on another board yesterday...  this seems relevant to duplicate here:

They've also been sending out post cards to those who have ordered before.   One of them came when we were on vacation, and my neighbour was getting the mail.  Got back from vacation, and of course that postcard with "Incontinence Products", "We value your business", and my name splashed right across it was sitting on the top of the mail pile.

Dicks. 

I deleted my account (changed my name to something rude and set the mailing address to their mailing address), and I will never order from them again.

(Alex from LLMedico, or any of the other vendors who are here, I hope your company would never do such a thing. :( )

• 1 month later...
I am the owner of XPMedical who bought the company from Gary.  I started my first incontinence product site, LiveAnew, from scratch about 6 years ago and bought XP because I admired the company that Gary built.  My goal with both websites is to simply help people with great products and service.

Hopefully, I can give you more insight into XP with this post.

• Privacy.  I fully understand your desire for privacy.  All of our shipments are very discreet.  We do mail out two cards to thank new customers and show appreciation to long-term customers.  These are not postcards, but rather simple cards inside a privacy envelope with no distinctive marks on the outside.  
  • Delivery.  We currently ship from Arkansas.  Gary shipped from California.  If you are on the West Coast, your shipment takes a couple days longer.  Every other part of the country is faster now.  We are also adding 3 new warehouses this year across the country that will speed up deliveries even more.
  • Product Selection.  We are constantly evaluating new products to add.  Our most popular proudcts includes Dry247, Abena, and Seni.  We are adding 3 new products in about 30 days.

Please feel free to email me directly, at Tim@XPMedical.com, with your suggestions or questions.  Thank you for your interest in XP.

Tim
Owner and CEO 
XP Medical, LiveAnew
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, XPMedical Owner said:
I am the owner of XPMedical who bought the company from Gary.  I started my first incontinence product site, LiveAnew, from scratch about 6 years ago and bought XP because I admired the company that Gary built.  My goal with both websites is to simply help people with great products and service.

Hi Tim, thanks for posting up here. I've been ordering regularly from XP for more than ten years now and have always been pleased with the selection and service that Gary offered. As it seems you are dedicated to maintaining the same standards that made XP a success I wish you all the best with your new acquisition.