LL Medico Diapers and More
Sign in to follow this  
DailyDi

ABU Pre-School - A Big Kids Dream Diaper!

DailyDi    1,299

As some of you may know, I'm not a baby; I'm a big kid (12 or so) that knows he should be out of diapers, but still need the comfort and protection they provide. In the grown-up world I also have incontinence issues, so need some protection all the time.

The new ABU Pre-School diapers are a perfect solution for day-time protection for littles like me! @caseystrom was nice enough to send me some of the cloth-like shell ones to try, and they are super soft and comfortable, and provide the protection I need! Now, these are big kid diapers, so they are not meant for all-day-flooding, or overnight, but they are still more absorbent than store-bought diapers, and the adorable kid designs really pleases my little side. These diapers prove that its okay for big kids to wear them, as they were made just for us!

The cloth cover makes these soft and silent for comfortable and discrete daytime wear, and the cool designs are on a tape landing zone so you still get a good grip! My favorites of the four designs are of course the cars; and also the sleepy-time design that is great for when a little needs help keeping dry during nap time!

Another really nice offering from ABU!

https://www.abuniverse.com/

IMG_1549.JPG

HotDogg55    42

So they're not ones to flood. Got it.

are they ok for #2? That's a large concern for me when making my decisions here. Also do they look good when you where them? I saw one picture and they looked bad, but that might've been the plastic shell. 

Thanks for the info Mike.

DailyDi    1,299

They will take 1 or 2 good wettings, just not an all day diaper. Not meant to be, not a complaint.

I don't do #2 myself, but they should work fine for that as they have the right shape, and have leak guards.

They fit me well, and I like how they look on me.

HotDogg55    42

They seem alright. Could be good for my down time after work between going to bed or even post dinner really. Will think about them when I buy my next load, so to speak.

sunwutian    24

Also worth noting that they are offering plastic-backed versions of these now. I'll be picking up a case this Friday for sure, so long as they don't sell out :)

N830MH    0

Hold on a sec!! Is that $26.99? It's too extremely expensive, but there is no cheap price on those diapers. Why you don't make a lower? 

sunwutian    24

Nobody sells diapers affordably by the bag. You have to get the case size. At $109, these are $1.36 each. That is not a great price. The absorption should be on-par with ATNs from the reviews I have read, so you're paying $0.30 a diaper more for the cute prints, which is okay with me.

But for the same price, you can get the Fabine Teddy Gold diapers, if you order by the case and with one of the 40-50% off sales. I bought these anyway for the variety. The new owners of ABU have never been an affordable choice. I would say they were the Apple of AB diapers, but with Bambino's completely ridiculous new $3.20 a diaper Magnifico, they've taken that crown now.

GNXL1    17

I got my first order today from ABUniverse,  and I'm very impressed with the company,  although I'm not too thrilled about the name of the company. I found out that there was some kind of mess up on the order,  but they took care of the problem really well.  I got 2 plastic Preschool,  2 cloth Preschool,  and 2 Space.  The diapers aren't bad either. 

MarkSmith    21
On Thursday, December 01, 2016 at 10:02 PM, GNXL1 said:

I got my first order today from ABUniverse,  and I'm very impressed with the company,  although I'm not too thrilled about the name of the company. I found out that there was some kind of mess up on the order,  but they took care of the problem really well.  I got 2 plastic Preschool,  2 cloth Preschool,  and 2 Space.  The diapers aren't bad either. 

How are the plastic backed Preschool diaper?  Are the made from the same plastic as b their other diapers and are they crinkly?

sunwutian    24

They're not quite as crinkly, and they have a slightly different feel to the plastic than the Space and Little Pawz. I don't know how to describe it, but it's a nice feeling. Not buttery smooth or soft, but not like a shower curtain liner either. It feels durable.

What I like most is they hold up pretty well. Definitely not nearly as long as their premium products, but they outlast the newer Bambino Biancos.

My only real complaint is the front is missing a waistband, and the rear waistband is almost useless. It barely folds at all. Minor complaint is I wish the padding length was 1-2" more, it rides a bit low. There's plenty of empty plastic shell in the front and back for that. It feels like a cost-cutting measure like with ATNs.

Overall for the price, I like them.

Demon-hunter    35

They have recently released plastic back style

I have tried them and they do how a lot and they are very comfy and cost efficient

$25 for a bag of 10

And theyre basically the same as tykables my opinion tho

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

GNXL1    17

I really liked the plastic Preschool version. It felt almost like the plastic Pampers of decades ago. However I think both Preschool Cloth and Plastic need leg gathers.

The plastic felt pretty darn smooth to me.  

• Like 1

Demon-hunter    35

I want to try the plastic back

And yes they do need Leg gathers

GNXL1    17

I noticed that they do have them,  but they don't seem to work really well. 

Demon-hunter    35
I noticed that they do have them,  but they don't seem to work really well. 

I do personally like them tho.

I personally don't song have problems with them, but hey some diapers fit others and some diapers don't

GNXL1    17

I like them too Demon-hunter. The leg gathers are a minor issue. 

I would love for ABUniverse to create a diaper with velcro tabs. That would help a lot. 

GNXL1    17

I like them too Demon-hunter. 

I would love for ABUniverse to create a diaper with velcro tabs. That would help a lot. 

lamando    4

Yep pre school plastics are great highly recommended.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

You will feel comfortable all the time a really feel like a toddler

lamando    4

If it were me I'd just with the plasttic. Backed its not just a noise thing but the way Diapers should be. I'm incontinent too. Ben in diapers for ever. I failed potty training. But I mainly enjoy super dry kids. Just like pampers mom had me wear.I want to try bare bums. Cushies good too. When I got too big for pampers it was youth size for me. When I learned of Abu it was heaven all over again. Thanks abu

DailyDi    1,299

Cloth-backed was all they had when I posted this. Now they do have a plastic-backed pre-school.