LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cranberry

Old_PA

I think it depends on your definition of helping with UTI's.

Cranberry juice isn't an antibiotic so it won't cure things, but it does make you pee a lot and that will flush your system which, in my experience, dramatically reduces problems. I know that when I have a kidney stone (depressingly often) cranberry juice is great because peeing helps move the stone along and also the risk of infection is quite high. When I saw a doctor he suggested cranberry juice in a "it's UTI helping effects are questionable, but it can't hurt" type way.

I have a question about its diuretic effects. It's supposed to make you go more often, yet I also read that it's a very common "cure" to give bedwetters a glass of it before bedtime to prevent accidents. Don't the two contradict each other? How does a diuretic help prevent bedwetting?

And also I tried it just to see if it would help with bedwetting and I'll give a warning: it's VERY acidic stuff! If you are even slightly prone to heartburn, this stuff will make trying to sleep a living hell

A couple of things to remember-

First is that the body does the healing, meds only enhance the body's ability to do that. That goes for antibiotics too.

Second is that 'herbal cures' like cranberry work differently with each person, and often depend on other factors such as having enough of a particular vitamin in you. All alone they may not help.

The usual medical studies do not often take into account things which are seemingly unrelated that might have an effect anyway. The human body is very complex and lifestyles along with diet are very different for each of us. To study at that depth really is necessary but is rarely done because it would increase the amount of analysis needed a hundred-fold or more. So things like cranberry can work well, but not necessarily equally well for everyone and not at all for some. being natural they can't hurt though, and make for a good place to start.

Bettypooh

Cranberry juice/pills do have their merits. Cranberry should never be mistaken as the "be all, end all" to ward of any UTI's. But it can assist in greatly mitigating the beginnings of contracting an UTI. As many women can attest to, the moment they feel that nasty hint of an UTI it is off to the store to get cranberry juice. Which leads me to suspect that the liquid form works faster than the pill form. Just my opinion on the subject:03_EmoticonsHDcom: