LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Safety pin as an id of abdl

I haven't been here much for at least a couple years, though I've read several stories.

My purpose in writing today is that I remember that some of 'us' here had talked about pinning a safety pin to our shirt, blouse, top, whatever as id that we're abdl.

Some of you may already know this, but there is a movement for people to wear a safety pin on their top (shirt, etc)

I'm confused what any of the current "safety pin" movement has to do with ABDL. People are genuinely terrified they are going to be rounded up and locked away for who they are. This is a much bigger and serious issue than "I hope these same people will accept that we like to wear diapers". If I am understanding this correctly, that's entirely inappropriate. If I'm misunderstanding this, please clarify - if you would - what exactly you're trying to get across with this post.

• Like 1

I started a thread quite some years ago about using a nappy pin as a symbol for other abdls to recognise you. I kept mine on my keys as a keyring. Had it on there for years. I forget what happened to it now.

I'm staying out of any of the political side of it, but if you want to wear a symbol of "ABDL" why not the Age-Play pride symbol?

Image result for age play pride symbol

The AP-Pride symbol is our own unique symbol.

A safety pin is too random, if I saw someone with a safety pin pinned to them I'm not going to think APDL I'm gonna think random safety pin and probably not much else of it.

• Like 1

Back in 1994, when Tony D, Don and I started holding monthly DPF gatherings at restaurants, it was common practice within DPF to wear a diaper pin so we could identify our friends in crowded restaurants.

The safety pin is too vague and connected to other things. That flag/symbol thing is too obvious to catch vanilla eyes, people will ask what it means leading to awkward answers and it wouldn't be obvious to many ABDLs what it is supposed to represent.

At the end of the day I'm not sure if there is a middle ground between noticeable to us but hidden to others that won't draw attention. I'm even less sure that everyone could agree on one thing and it get spread throughout the whole ABDL community.

6 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

Back in 1994, when Tony D, Don and I started holding monthly DPF gatherings at restaurants, it was common practice within DPF to wear a diaper pin so we could identify our friends in crowded restaurants.

Angela do you remember that in the newsletter it was talked about having a cloth triangle on one of the back pockets of your pants?Think this was around 85 or 86.I first joined D.P.F.in 84.Heck even went to the second get together in San Fran.in 85

A large safety pin could easily be confused for a Kilt Pin - so are ye a scotch diaper wearer - and why are ye not wearing a plaid pleated diaper cover ?

Well so much for line of humor !

Ebay has very large kilt pins 4 inches in length making for an ideal method to secure (multiple) cloth diapers in bulk.

interesting comments here

I would not wear a pin or that flag, pin to "wide" and flag to big and/or a magnet for questions

if anything I would prefer an app, like Tinder or so, where I can contact the person anonymously via text first

Has anyone noticed that a safety pin is the symbol used by the anti-Trump protesters?

yeah? that was kinda the point. the safety pin thing was originally suggested after brexit, as a subtle way to try and indicate that you're a safe person, that you'd stand up against injustice, in a time when violence towards people of color was on the rise.

similarly, donald being elected (despite losing the popular vote by a fairly wide margin, not that i'm bitter), has emboldened a lot of white supremacists, homophobes, and anti-semites, nazis, and other bigots in the US. so folks have suggested using the safety pin here as well in the same manner as after brexit. naturally, this is a more popular sentiment among people protesting against the racist windbag that is the president-elect.

unfortunately, i don't think it'll catch on. the nazis and so forth are already organizing online to also wear them, in an effort to muddy the waters and cause the symbol to be meaningless.

I usually don't get into these loaded discussions, but feel I must as in the end, we all have to get along again and allow the healing to begin.

To start with, our country is still a majority of simple

2 hours ago, diapersalways said:

everyone is still working with outdated figures, now that the counts have come closer to being completed (still not totaly complete) trump actually had .8 million more votes, so he got the popular vote as well.

as your source states it is still excluding Michigan and New Hampshire, factor in what has been counted there so far and it puts trump way ahead in popular vote.

it looks like it is including NH now. but even if it's not including michigan, donald is only ahead by about 12,000 votes there according to those figures, which is nowhere near enough to make up for the almost 700,000 vote lead Clinton has on him nationally.

I'm torn on the electoral college... but the problem with those maps are they falsely imply that 100% of the vote in those areas went for one party or the other. That is of course not the case, and thus the system makes it so a vote in a smaller county counts for more than a person's vote in LA or New York, but it also says that the votes of the minority party's voters don't count at all.