LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Up coming Hospital operations

Teksing88889

As you know I have major corrective surgery coming up in the next 2-3 months time, this won't be the first time I have been admitted to hospital for surgery although I am unsure how much I should worry about it as it's only for one day supposedly.

I already have ordered some adult sized diapers incase I can't get them in the hospital for my operation because I don't know how my body will re-act whilst I am unconscious as the last operation I had was in 1993 and that was before I started having problems with urge incontinence, I am also unsure about what to bring into hospital during my day visit I know that I covered my concerns about this earlier in a previous reply/blog but I wanted to get this all out in the open before I go in for surgery.

The questions that torment me at this stage are the following:

1. Should I wear a diaper before my operation and if so should I inform the nurse or doctor that I am incontinent?.

2. Will I be allowed in for surgery in my diapers if I am given the all clear by the attending physician's and will anyone care if I had a diaper bag ready incase of accidents during my time in there care?

3. How do I know if my request will even be granted and if not then will I be forced to wear a catheter instead as this will be too painfull for me and therefore is something I don't want to have?.

These are just some of my questions if anyone has some awnsers I would be greatfull for any advice and in put into my situation as I will appreciate your honesty and support for me at this time.

Yours sincerely
Teksing88889

During my hospital stay last year they did allow me to wear my diapers the entire time outside of the operation. I did wake up to Avery wet sheet in the recovery room, but the nurse quickly changed it a d put me back in a diaper.

last time I was in for surgery I went in as an out patient status.i informed the pre surgery interview nurse that I have urge incontinence an needed diapers.she said no problem,do where ever make you most comfortable during your stay with us.i wore my diapers with metal diaper pins to surgery and nothing was ever said about it.they did take my belt and all metal before surgery,but I guess they assumed I was wearing a disposable diaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Last time I had any surgery I wore a thick disposable with the Dr's approval. A nurse say it and told me to take it off. My wife told her the Dr. said it was OK. When I came to I had a Foley in. The Dr came in later and apologized, said he didn't know how long the diaper would last so they put the cath in.