LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 - toileting, toilet training and so on

This is more of a survey-style post, but:

For those who have gone 24/7, did you find that

(a) your attitude toward untraining changed?

(b) if you already intended to untrain, you untrained differently than you intended to?

(c) your choice of diapers changed?

(d) your attitude toward discretion changed?

---

For me, prior to 24/7, I was on the fence. After 24/7, untraining seemed a lot more doable.

I pursued untraining with an eye to not being conscious of daytime wetting, but pretty much stopping there. Ultimately, partly as a result of conscious action and partly as a result of circumstance, I wouldn't really call myself toilet trained in any respect - I have degrees of control ranging from "can't hold, can't feel" to "able to hold for a couple of minutes". I won't go into the gory details.

Incidentally, I have made two extended attempts at toilet training - and failed twice, obviously. I suspect it's partly to do with my own untraining process, and partly to do with the fact that there are no toilet training products for adults. I mean obviously nobody expects anybody to completely untrain as an adult, so there's never going to be a huge market for adult toilet training products,

I speak as the partner of a 24/7 nappied AB. To be fair, the 24/7 aspect began as day-time incontinence began to develop and so was in significant measure, a pragmatic step. However once he was in nappies full-time, 'untraining' as you call it became irrelevant. Incontinence was growing and so allowing full 'untraining' simply didnt matter. We've had this discussion with doctors who seem to think that there is a meaningful difference between limited control and no control. Limited control means you will still have accidents every day, several times ergo wearing nappies. no control means... wearing nappies. From a pragmatic standpoint there is no difference.

ABSOLUTELY, the choice of nappies changed. Play-time means you can have any nappy you want of any quality of effectiveness. 24/7 means your nappy has to be high-performance, reliable and cost-effective. Be it cloth or disposables, your criteria changes significantly.

DISCRETION is always an important issue, but as a wearer-by-choice that is pretty easy to do because you can choose when and where you wear and so manage discretion fairly easily. 24/7 has no such options. Discretion means planning. it means thinks like wearing a onesie ALL THE TIME to prevent exposure. It means managing day-time an travel nappy changes discreetly and regularly.

24/7 is substantially different to ad-hoc wear in almost every way. it literally becomes lifestyle.

• Like 1

i've been 24/7 since about the beginning of this year. initially, i was kinda excited about untraining, but i made sure to not have too high of hopes, and gave myself plenty of permission to back out. over time though, i've kinda come to see it as less of a big deal? like being diaper dependent isn't really that big of a life change to me, as it turns out.

i untrained in basically the same way i initially planned, just with the good ol' "wet whenever" method, nothing fancy there. i did stop putting as much effort in few months ago. my control and capacity had already deteriorated a lot, and so i gave myself more leeway to hold it if need be. idk if it's really slowed me down though. it is not that often that i have to make that choice, nor is it as effective as before when i do. if i don't just have an accident nowadays, the progression from 'noticing' to 'painful desperation' is pretty darn short, but it can at least get me into a better situation sometimes if i am afraid i might leak.

when i started, i actually had been trying out a bunch of new diapers around that time. i basically found the ones i liked best and stuck with them. i typically wear a northshore lite and a northshore supreme in any given day. at some point i also acquired a few foldable cloth diapers, which i'll wear at night some times. i don't splurge as much on new or fancy abdl diapers as much now, just cause i already have my usual diapers all the time, and because when you're 24/7 and increasingly dependent on them, the cost factor matters more i suppose.

i don't think my attitude towards discretion has changed much, but my confidence in the unobservantness of random people is much higher. i just don't worry that much any more that someone might notice i'm diapered. i still take reasonable efforts to conceal them, but nothing too upsetting to my life. it is more a secret i don't mention more than a secret i actively hide now, i guess.

• Like 2

My question with 24/7 comes down to what to do about the dreaded #2?

I rarely mess my pants, and haven't intentionally for a while.

• Like 1

spark: personally, i deal with the #2 issue pretty simply. most quality diapers have tapes that give you a second try, so i can just untape one and shimmy it over my hips to use the potty, and then tape it back up, if i need to go when i'm in public or at work or otherwise don't want to deal with a messy diaper.

if i'm at home alone, i'm much more likely to just use my diapers though. the cleanup is a bother, but you get used to it i guess. and as the cleanup becomes easier and less bothersome, it becomes more tempting to just use my diapers lol. i guess it's kinda grown on me over time.

5 hours ago, pterautodidactyl said:

spark: personally, i deal with the #2 issue pretty simply. most quality diapers have tapes that give you a second try, so i can just untape one and shimmy it over my hips to use the potty, and then tape it back up, if i need to go when i'm in public or at work or otherwise don't want to deal with a messy diaper.

if i'm at home alone, i'm much more likely to just use my diapers though. the cleanup is a bother, but you get used to it i guess. and as the cleanup becomes easier and less bothersome, it becomes more tempting to just use my diapers lol. i guess it's kinda grown on me over time.

I do

• 2 years later...
On 9/21/2016 at 2:34 AM, Kaliborio said:

This is more of a survey-style post, but:

For those who have gone 24/7, did you find that

(a) your attitude toward untraining changed?

(b) if you already intended to untrain, you untrained differently than you intended to?

(c) your choice of diapers changed?

(d) your attitude toward discretion changed?

---

For me, prior to 24/7, I was on the fence. After 24/7, untraining seemed a lot more doable.

I pursued untraining with an eye to not being conscious of daytime wetting, but pretty much stopping there. Ultimately, partly as a result of conscious action and partly as a result of circumstance, I wouldn't really call myself toilet trained in any respect - I have degrees of control ranging from "can't hold, can't feel" to "able to hold for a couple of minutes". I won't go into the gory details.

Incidentally, I have made two extended attempts at toilet training - and failed twice, obviously. I suspect it's partly to do with my own untraining process, and partly to do with the fact that there are no toilet training products for adults. I mean obviously nobody expects anybody to completely untrain as an adult, so there's never going to be a huge market for adult toilet training products,

I have been 24/7 a few years.  It is a comfortable feeling.  Not having to be concerned about a bathroom everywhere I go.  I try to coax my wife to change me after having a big accident.

• 2 weeks later...

My day is coming where I will be 24/7 and using them for their intended purpose.

Though when the day comes.

(a) your attitude toward untraining changed? Will never change

(b) if you already intended to untrain, you untrained differently than you intended to? can not answer as have not began

(c) your choice of diapers changed? I will always use the same diapers I like certain kind and disposables will be the ones I always use.  Like 

ABU Space Little Pawz 

Though I do like cushies I believe they could be a little bit thicker. Same with Super Dry kids.

I have yet to try ABU Peakabu which I will one day I heard they are nice and thick.

I also Like Rearz Safari,Rebals, I am about to try there new BarnYard style.

Other then that I am good.

(d) your attitude toward discretion changed? If people find out who cares.  I surely do not it's just another pair of underwear.

• 3 weeks later...

I never wanted to untrain, and also found I have less bladder anxiety because I know if I wet it's no drama,,,

My choice didn't change, but I am trying other diapers beyond Tena Silhouettes,,,

I'm still discrete, but not bothered so much about others knowing, I don't like to advertise but less uneasy about people knowing,,,

On 9/21/2016 at 1:34 AM, Kaliborio said:

I mean obviously nobody expects anybody to completely untrain as an adult, so there's never going to be a huge market for adult toilet training products,

Ya know, once upon a time people toilet trained their kids without buying anything. It’s actually a natural process. If people did absolutely nothing to train their kid, the kid would eventually figure it out.