LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABU Preschool

DL4LIFE

The thing I don't like about this diaper is that they cost less than the ABU simple. It's a weird line to draw, considering ABU simple is more absorbent but has no design, while preschool is less absorbent but does have a design. So, there's a trade off, but for me personally I'm kinda like "why is it cheaper?" I'd definitely try the simple one day if they weren't as expensive as the other premium diapers.

But I can understand their appeal: they have some cute designs, and you get a mix in each pack so that's kinda nostalgic. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out!

I wonder if they have special appeal to the generation that grew up with "cloth-like" disposables? Not me, plastic backed is a diaper to me. But then, I wonder if the older generation feels the same about cloth and plastic pants.

2 hours ago, WakkoWannaBe said:

The thing I don't like about this diaper is that they cost less than the ABU simple. It's a weird line to draw, considering ABU simple is more absorbent but has no design, while preschool is less absorbent but does have a design. So, there's a trade off, but for me personally I'm kinda like "why is it cheaper?" I'd definitely try the simple one day if they weren't as expensive as the other premium diapers.

But I can understand their appeal: they have some cute designs, and you get a mix in each pack so that's kinda nostalgic. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out!

12 hours ago, WakkoWannaBe said:

The Preschool diaper is designed for daytime use and for those that want to wear discreetly to work or anywhere and still get the appeal of an AB/DL diaper.

I just realized you said that the Preschool was cheaper. If the Simple is more absorbent, then you're talking about the raw cost of SAP and pulp, which is a huge percentage of the total cost of the diaper.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, yurguardianangel said:

Why do these have to be cloth-backed? :(

Because some customers WANT a cloth backed AB diaper, perhaps? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of ABU's other diapers plastic backed? Nothing wrong with them trying to fill a void in the market. There are more than enough options available from ABU and other companies for those who like plastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a pack of these nappies I have to say they are very cute and do resemble old school pampers. I haven't wet yet just put the first one on and I'm going to do a whole day wear just to see how they hold up.

I'm a plastic backed nappy baby but the design on the front makes up the fact they are cloth like (for me anyway), little paws are still my favourites but I'm just glad we can get them here in the UK at a reasonable price without being hammered on postage.

I treated my self to a pack of cushies too just for the hell of it

• 5 weeks later...

So go figure. ashwee really likes them. Lasted all day easily for her with little to no stretching. We ended up ordering a half case as they'e great for hot weather and basically make no noise so also great if she's worried about that. That said she also wanted to try the plastic backed version so we ordered a bag of those.

• 4 months later...