LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should AB/DL be fired when discovered or becoming public

On 15.9.2016 at 4:06 PM, Elfy said:

If you work with food and a manager noticed you are wearing could cause a hygiene issue. I'm not an expert but that would seem like legitimate reason to move someone away from food handling and to another department.

Maybe one can then start as a poultry worker. And diapers keep warm. Knowing this fact, I will enjoy my meal at KFC much more.

nobody at my work knows, but i only wear depends pull up for dribbles, daytime, my only concern would be that, as an electrician all of my under clothing

Keeping it secret and to yourself is one thing, flaunting it in public (where you can be discovered and end up in the paper or the news) or on TV is different and I can see how some employers may terminate your job based on the situation.

9 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Keeping it secret and to yourself is one thing, flaunting it in public (where you can be discovered and end up in the paper or the news) or on TV is different and I can see how some employers may terminate your job based on the situation.

3 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

Well said. I think that far too often 'freedom of speech and actions' is considered to be the right to act as we wish without consequences. That aint EVER gonna be the case! Consequences follow every action and it is why one well-known preacher has often stated publicly "I am always only one bad choice away from being an idiot".

Keep it private.

Of course, because we've been conditioned by society that there is always someone else to blame for our actions, other than ourselves.

24 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

Well said. I think that far too often 'freedom of speech and actions' is considered to be the right to act as we wish without consequences. That aint EVER gonna be the case! Consequences follow every action and it is why one well-known preacher has often stated publicly "I am always only one bad choice away from being an idiot".

Keep it private.

For every action there's always an equal and opposite reaction.

Is it not true?

I used to be the Chairman of the board of directors for a non-profit organisation, and frankly if my AB/DL side became public I would expect to be terminated immediately as the negative connotations of someone in that position would undoubtable impact on the functionality of the organisation.

however the lower down the totem pole someone is within an organisation the less of the negative impact would be, I would take into account the possibility of damage limitation, complaints from either co-workers or the public and of course the attitude of the person involved. If it seemed that none or some of these factors could be managed then termination is a no brainer

8 hours ago, billy1234 said:

I used to be the Chairman of the board of directors for a non-profit organisation, and frankly if my AB/DL side became public I would expect to be terminated immediately as the negative connotations of someone in that position would undoubtable impact on the functionality of the organisation.

however the lower down the totem pole someone is within an organisation the less of the negative impact would be, I would take into account the possibility of damage limitation, complaints from either co-workers or the public and of course the attitude of the person involved. If it seemed that none or some of these factors could be managed then termination is a no brainer

Sadly, that is the real world we live in where perception is everything. But it is not limited to us. For politicians the golden rule is that 'perception is reality' and as ABs we need to manage the perceptions as much, if not more, than actual facts. This is why most TV shows harm ABDLs - because the perception that is given is harmful, even

So this is a question that actually requires a bit more thought than it probably seems like it should. I'd really say that it depends on the situation though, how the person was outed, and even where they work. An AB/DL who works in a "modern" company (think along the lines of Zappos, FaceBook, etc.,) where the walls of supposedly corporate offices are lined with video games and similar recreational equipment shouldn't get flak for merely wearing a diaper under his/her clothing while at work, and in the case of businesses that perpetually push non-conformity, (see the above example of FaceBook,) even something like an adult onesie shouldn't necessarily be grounds for termination. If your corporate culture pushes for non-conformity, don't complain when it shows up on your doorstep! This would also apply to other "creative" fields where similar attitudes are encouraged.

Similarly, if someone is just wearing a diaper to work and not drawing attention to it or dressing as an AB while working, it should in no way be grounds for termination. I'm more productive when diapered, because I don't need a half hour or more to try and pee in a public restroom, and as long as I'm not flaunting it to my various coworkers and am going about my business as usual, it shouldn't be an issue. In fact, if I were discovered in this situation I would probably lie and just say "precautionary measure for a personal issue," and leave it at that. At this point I'm doing everything not to reveal what's under my clothing, or why it's there, nor am I wearing for "fetish reasons" so much as I am for practicality.

Likewise, if you're outed by a nosy neighbor, a jealous ex, or some other knucklehead in your life, I don't think your employer should be able to fire you for actions that were never intended to be made public. If your former wife/husband goes thermonuclear and posts all of your private sex tapes, your employer shouldn't be able to fire you for something that you had no hand in, even though realistically, they can and likely would. (You might be able to win a wrongful termination suit though if you're in one of the right states.) In this situation you haven't done anything to publicly flaunt your lifestyle, and your privacy has been breached, effectively revealing information that your employer shouldn't even have access too. You've literally kept your fetish in the bedroom until someone else took it and made it public, and that should be on them, not on you.

Now if you go on (inter)national television, that's a different story. Where you're working will definitely come into play, as will whether or not you cleared your TV appearance with your employer ahead of time, or whether or not you were employed by said employer before or after said footage was shot. If your employer is aware that you'll be appearing on TV, and the reason you're doing so, he or she doesn't get to bitch about it after initially approving of it. If you ignore your employer telling you not appear on TV though, well that's your mistake. Likewise, if you're filmed before you get your current job, it shouldn't be grounds for termination when your employer finds out about something you did before. They had a chance to do their due diligence when they hired you, and simply should have done a better job then if that was the issue. Likewise, if you shoot a TV show and don't bother to inform your employer, any blowback from said show should fall on you since you didn't do anything to inform your employer of what you were planning to do, or give that employer's public relations people a chance to get in front of the story.

Personally, I could not give less of a shit what people do in their spare time so long as their productive for the time they're being paid for and aren't breaking any laws. Of course, I'd also take ten highly productive people showing up to work in clown suits over a thousand people dressed in suits and dresses with no motivation any day of the week. I care a lot more about productivity than I do about the way somebody looks. I once knew somebody who got away with all sorts of crazy stuff that would get an average employee fired, because he knew that he was too valuable to his company for them to replace him, and that if they did, that company's competitors would be begging him to go and work for them. This guy is the exception to the rule though, and unless you're in this sort of situation, you can't really get away with willingly "outing" yourself as an AB/DL.

Like others have pointed out, it depends on how someone is found out about their use of diapers.

I would reckon to believe that any business with a Human Resources Department would view the use of diapers as Confidentiality.
If it's for medical use, and you're not having hygiene issues, no. You shouldn't.

I remember a teacher in highschool, never had his class, but always heard the students talk about him wearing diapers. The only way people knew was the sound his diapers made.
Sure, the kids might have had a fun time when they first heard about it, but it quickly passed, because he didn't make an issue out of it. As far as I know, he's still teaching up there.

This subject seems to come up alot often, but it just seems like common sense to me.

Work isn't the time and place to live your fantasy. It's one thing if you NEED your diapers for medical purposes, but if you're wearing for the fetish alone, that tells me that you have some thrill of being found out, in which case, you get what you're asking for.

Seems there's alot of people here who like to find subtle ways of being found out... you want to play those games in public, have fun, but don't let it effect your livelihood.
My job pays for everything I have. Without it, I lose my house, my cars, etc... Not going to risk losing all this for a trill of possibly enduring humiliation. Fantasies and fetishes are private for a reason.

/mytwocents

No, of course AB/DLs should not be fired upon discovery. You knew we would say that.

I think arguably if someone appears on nationwide TV doing anything taboo, and there's no way for the business to disassociate its brand from the person, then they may have a moral right to fire the person to avoid brand damage.

I work in the public sector (government) and I think it would be a little different in the case of an employee of here. I'm not saying it would be impossible, but given how much harder it is to fire somebody I would not be surprised if they were able to keep their job even if they did appear on TV. Frankly, unless they said something like my name is X and I work at Y agency and they think what I do is great, you probably won't have a problem. Well other than all your co-workers knowing about this side of your life. You would also have problems if you showed up to work in just a diaper. But you will never have a problem if you just wear a diaper under your clothes and are at least slightly discreet about it.

With that said, I also agree with the general consensus that in the private sector, you would be fired if you caused any harm to the company and doing something like going on TV and using your real name etc etc would be a risky move.