LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should AB/DL be fired when discovered or becoming public

Love how this is phrased. Sorry, but an employment arrangement is a voluntary contract between two consenting parties. If you go on national TV in ANY capacity that doesn't relate to your job, and the result brings negative publicity to your place of work, then if I'm your employer, I'm going to politely explain to you that you are now costing me more money than you are making me by working for me and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

I see someone with an axe to grind; always adding a new wrinkle to the discussion

It is obviously the job of an actor in a Sex TV show to demonstrate the subject matter. So firing her for doing her job strickes me as counter-productive

It depends.

If they wear to work one day and someone spots a Tena waistband then probably not. The manager doesn't know the personal situation or anything and should probably leave it alone unless it becomes a repeating problem... Someone's waistband appears once a year and you can overlook it, someone doing it several times a day and it becomes an issue.

If you work with food and a manager noticed you are wearing could cause a hygiene issue. I'm not an expert but that would seem like legitimate reason to move someone away from food handling and to another department. Working with kids is always the iffy one... On the surface there is nothing wrong with it and yet it is a fear I think many have that they are discovered wearing. I don't think it should be an issue in that circumstance but it would be if discovered. I think this is less to do with what most ABDLs think "you are wearing a nappy around kids, you must be a pedo" or something like that and more to do with the fact that a teacher is bringing their fetish or alternative lifestyle into an environment full of kids who don't need/want to know about your private life and yes, wearing nappies to a teaching job would be grounds for termination if I was the person in charge. Obviously this changes if you are incontinent, in that scenario you will probably have told your bosses about your requirements and it is no longer a kink thing, it is a medical thing.

It also depends on level of exposure. If someone catches a glance at a waistband or hears some tapes in the bathroom, that is one thing. It is a very different thing to deliberately flaunt your lifestyle. Talking about it loudly or often, wearing things inappropriate for your age and job and anything like that would get you kicked out ASAP since it shows you can't separate work and personal life.

It is about being sensible. I think most people could wear to work without being discovered, I know I did it a lot when I worked and I don't think people knew what I was doing. If they did know, because I didn't make a song and dance out of it, neither did they. But I knew that when I wore to work that I was creating a risk for myself.

Employers are within their rights to fire anyone if they think their personal lives are interfering with the job. Someone is on the phone to his girlfriend all day? Fired. Someone keeps showing up late? Fired. Someone who wears their alternative lifestyle clothes to work? Fired. It doesn't matter whether or not the nappies actually affect your performance, it is the separation of work and personal life that would concern most employers more.

• Like 1

The easy answer to your question is no, they should not be fired for what they did on their own time. That doesn't change the fact that depending on location they can be fired and will probably be fired.

It's not just AB/DL which can get you discriminated against. Smoking Marajuana is legal in Colorado in the U.S. but if your employer drug tests you and finds you had used it legally they can still fire you. It doesn't matter that you used it on your own time outside of work, they can still fire you. if you choose to go on TV as an AB/DL knowing they can fire you and will probably fire you then you shouldn't expect sympathy. You made a choice, you live with the consequences of that choice.

Hugs,

Freta

I don't care what you do in your personal life, if you choose to make it public and if it's going to cost me my business reputation, I will let you go for the sake of my income.

I work in human resources and I'll give the standard HR answer "it depends".

If you make a conscious decision to go on national television and make a spectacle out of yourself and it negatively affects the company then yes you should be fired. Look at the case of the employee at the sports event who yelled FHRITP and was caught on camera. It caused a lot of negative publicity and he was fired. That's called accountability. He made a stupid

• Like 2

That's not actually true about Canada. Look at PSLREB decisions and jurisprudence and you'll see multiple cases of terminations for off work behaviour that isn't illegal. Granted these are public servant cases but it isn't correct to say there would be a shit storm as it happens a lot more than one night think.

Honestly most HR professionals would avoid a case like a diaper wearing employee like the plague. Good HR would not be advising any form of conversation with the employee unless there had been some form of hygiene or safety complaint. This of course assumes the employee is covering their diaper appropriately.

There have been some excellent responses in this thread. I am not surprised at all since most people on this site are pretty clever and well-grounded. I can bet however, that if you posed this question on Fetlife you would get an absolute storm of screaming people demanding their 'right' to do whatever they want, wherever they want and screw the rest of the population. I also note that a large number of these people are

10 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

The vast majority of incontinent people who are not elderly or disabled in other ways wear their diapers without another person ever finding out. And if there is a mistake and they do get discovered, absolutely no one would say a word.

I know, I was being a little sarcastic because the poster compared ABDLs to incontinence. But still, an incontinent