LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Potty training age and accidents?

Dougie1970

• 1 month later...

I was taken out of daytime diapers when I was about 3, but I had a number of daytime accidents throughout my childhood. One spectacular accident that I remember because it upset my guardian so much occurred at church when I was 8 or 9. I wet myself while we were singing a hymn and left a sizeable puddle on the floor. 

I don't remember being potty trained, but I was told that it was average comparing to my younger brother (Who was early on many things, common with second children).  I do remember once when I was under 5, in a car seat, repeatedly telling my aunt I had to go.  She kept telling me "Just hold it a little longer, we're almost home."  At the time I couldn't hold it, and I distinctly remember wetting my denim pants.  To this day I kind of enjoy 'accidentally' wetting denim jeans, probably from this memory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i guess i three when i was potty trained. i don't really remember.

i wet the bed until i was 13 or 14 when my bladder finally got big enough i could hold it through the night. i've never been able to tell if i have to go to the bathroom while i'm asleep, so i still go to bed worried about having an accident

I was toilet trained by the time I was two, and I don't have any memories of it at all. I don't even remember my little sister being in diapers.

What I do remember is having lots of accidents, day and night. I wet my bed about half the time when I was five, fairly often until I was seven, and occasionally until I was nine. In the daytime I had a few full-on classic wet-pants-and-a-puddle level accidents, but mostly I would have lots of little slips of control. One childish warm spurt in my underwear when I was excited or distracted or playing hard, or (this happened a lot) too shy to tell a teacher or caregiver when I needed to go.

I think any parent would recognize the look on my face when I'd just "done it" and was hoping no-one knew. I was a little bit wet most days from nursery school through the end of grade one, and was sometimes trying to hide a telltale round damp patch on the front of my pants.

My parents were never unkind about it, but they were also terribly embarrassed about bodily functions, and I felt an exaggerated sense of shame whenever I'd "done it." Some of my most shameful memories are of being wet like a much younger child in some public place, or waking up in my pee-soaked sheets and pyjamas (I was a deep sleeper and really knew how to flood my bed) and knowing I was going to have to tell my mom I'd had an “accident” again.

I remember waking up from naps all wet when I was lying on my tummy on my little blue blanket at nursery school. 

I remember wetting my bed in a cabin full of boys at summer camp when I was 7, 8 and 9.

• Like 1

My mum started potty training me at two but because of accidents she gave up til I was three.Still had accidents at 4 & 5 even one in First school when aged five.I remember when i was five i wet myself in front of the whole class.The teacher shouted at a girl for asking too go to the toilet and told her she should have gone during break time.I did not want too put my hand up and ask to be excused and could not hold it and made a puddle on the floor.I was hoping nobody would notice my accident.Then a girl shot her hand up in the air "Excuse me Miss Carls peed his knickers" Teacher then told me to stand up and then this demonic sniggering started amongst the other Kids with me looking down at the floor and red faced.However the teacher was quite sympathetic and put her hand on my shoulder and said to me " Carl go in the toilet and take your wet pants and trousers off and just hang them over the radiator to dry abd put on my P.E shorts.Everybody knew what I did and the teasing was relentless surprisingly not from the boys BUT from the Girls.After about a week another girl wet herself and teasing suddenly in my direction stopped

• 2 months later...

Its only 2 years since i was a bedwetter and wore diapers every night... so the memory of it is very good.
It was age 15 when i stopped bedwetting, so really really late i know ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So my potty training story is weird. I was 3 and was going into my second year of pre-school (yeah I was started really early) and the year before they had taken me even though I was still in diapers but the next year they said I had to be out of them to come back, all summer my mom worked really hard to get me to potty train but I refused till the first day of school (was signed up just in case) and I pulled off the diaper and put on big girl undies and never had a problem. We never figured out how I just stopped cold turkey like that. 

I was officially potty trained at 5 1/2 just in time to start kindergarten, but it was a slow process and I had many accidents both before and after the “official” timeframe.  I say official because my mom first tried to potty train me at age 3 upon the arrival of my younger brother, but I never got the hang of it and then we moved across country and I continued having accidents in my training pants.  My mom decided to return me to diapers fulltime out of frustration and exasperation after too many accidents soon thereafter, and I stayed in diapers until I began school.  I was sent to school in plastic backed training pants, and if I wet or soiled them, I was put back in diapers when I came home from school.  If I wet or soiled my training pants playing in the neighborhood or out and about, the same thing happened and I was back in diapers for the rest of the day.  This continued for a few more years until my accidents subsided.  I was also a bedwetter and was diapered at night, so being put into diapers during the day for accidents was an easy endeavor for my mom with my diapers readily available.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2017 at 9:11 AM, IminWetPampers said:

I was potty trained at 2.5 and only had one accident (actually I was outside playing in the sandbox at daycare when I was 3.5 and didn't feel like going inside to pee so I just wet my pants and continued to play. When it was discovered that I had wet my pants I was put in diapers for the rest of the day). But after I got my mom to put me back in Pampers full time when I was 4.5 it didn't take long for me to undo all of my potty training and when mom tried to take me out of diapers shortly before I turned 7 I had to be potty trained all over again. For 6 months I'd hold it whenever I was put on the potty and as soon as I was put in Pampers I'd wet and/or mess myself.

Mom caught me peeing in an already wet Pampers that began leaking when I was 8 and took me to the grocery store in just a tee shirt and my diaper and took me straight to the diaper aisle and bought 2 boxes of Pampers and when we got home she changed my diaper in the middle of the living room and she kept me in Pampers until I was 10. 

19 hours ago, IminWetPampers said:

Mom caught me peeing in an already wet Pampers that began leaking when I was 8 and took me to the grocery store in just a tee shirt and my diaper and took me straight to the diaper aisle and bought 2 boxes of Pampers and when we got home she changed my diaper in the middle of the living room and she kept me in Pampers until I was 10. 

It seems to me that since your moth knew you were wearing the Pampers you wet until it leaked it was hardly punishment to provide you Pampers as long as you needed them. Personally I would never deliberately embarrass someone by exposing their wet diaper to the general public.

Growing up after being toilet trained before I turned 3 in 1967, my bladder was tiny and over-active. Most of the time I could keep my panties dry so long as I could use a toilet within a few minutes of feeling the need to pee. When that was not possible, such as long car rides or special events, my Mom nicely asked me to wear just-in-case pinned diapers. I was 8 when Pampers added tapes in 1972, but Mom continued to prefer pinned Curity gauze diapers inside Gerber vinyl panties. Nearly all the Curity diapers and Gerber panties were bought by mail to avoid embarrassment. My just-in-case diapers were always covered by ordinary garments. I my case I normally traveled in a skirt full and long enough that my diapers were hidden. Of course when I needed my just-in-case diaper changed in a public ladies' room sometimes outsiders saw me being changed. In the long run that was just as well because long before I was 8 I no longer was embarrassed by wearing diapers.

Did you consider being taken to the store in just a T-shirt and wet diaper to be a natural consequence of over-wetting? Was there a reason you did not ask for a diaper change before you leaked? Your profile says you are 45 now, so you were 8 in @1981. I've been told that back then children of age 8 did not change their own Pampers and disposable pull-.ups were not yet invented. Had I been your mother I would have changed your Pampers and then had you cover that with trousers before taking you to the store. If you had run out of dry Pampers then that is a different situation. You could well have been more embarrassed wearing a soaked Pampers inside obviously wet clothing.

• 1 year later...

Potty trained shortly after turning two. I don't have any memories of potty training or wearing diapers, wasn't even a bed wetter. I have a couple very vague memories of having wetting accidents when we were out and not close enough to a bathroom when the urge hit. First one I was either still two or just barely three, second one I think three and a half, maybe almost four years old. Nobody made a big deal of it because I did try to hold it.

I was potty trained by around 2-1/2 years old.  I continued to wet my bed pretty much every night until about the age of 13 and then more often than not through high school.

• 2 weeks later...

I was (more or less) fully trained by five-and-a-half. My training started when I was not more than two. I still had the occasional accident though (both kinds) until I was at least eight.

I was out of diapers by the age of 2. But I did wet the bed. I specifically remember when I would wake up in the morning, I would have a wet Pull Up, so I would go to the bathroom, lay on the ground and pretend I was being changed like a baby. I tore the sides of my pull up and I rolled it into a ball and threw it away. I remember one time I knew I needed to poo. So I tried to go in my pull ups buuut it didn't work. Then a couple of months later I stopped.