LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Waistband or no waistband... What's it worth to you?

WBDaddy

Waistband or no?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. All other things being equal on a designer AB-themed diaper, would you pay 20% more to have an elastic waistband, or go the cheaper route to save money?

• Spare no expense, give me the best you got!
    • It's nice to have, but I can go without.
    • Depends on the price point. I'd pay $2.40 instead of $2.00, but not $6.00 instead of $5.00!

So seriously, if two companies were offering super-premium (Bambino or 24/7 grade) AB designer diapers, functionally the same in all ways except one had a waistband and the other didn't, BUT the one with the waistband cost 20% more per diaper, which one would you pick?

11 minutes ago, Elfy said:

A well made nappy should fit without a problem whether it has a waistband or not so I will say that I wouldn't pay the extra.

This was my thought as well, I mean, unless you're planning on peeing while hanging upside down on a jungle gym or something, I can't see where it's a huge feature.

To me it depends on the rest of the diaper. If it has a really thin plastic that will stretch and sag, then I want a wasteband to give me freedom of movement with less stretching of the plastic. If it's a nice firm diaper waistband is optional.

I chose pricepoint, because on a bag of diapers I might pay an extra buck or two, but on a case I don't think I'd want $20 tacked on to the price.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

To me it depends on the rest of the diaper. If it has a really thin plastic that will stretch and sag, then I want a wasteband to give me freedom of movement with less stretching of the plastic. If it's a nice firm diaper waistband is optional.

I chose pricepoint, because on a bag of diapers I might pay an extra buck or two, but on a case I don't think I'd want $20 tacked on to the price.

This is exactly why I was curious, because I gave a realistic hypothetical 20% ($0.40 per diaper) versus an insane hypothetical 20% ($1.00 per diaper), and you seem to be indicating that a 20% markup would be too much, since even if the diaper were $1.20 with and $1.00 without, that's still nearly 20 bucks onto a case unless a case = 40 diapers, (which isn't much of a case, IMO).

• 1 month later...

I sometimes find that waistbands are implemented badly.

On the last Bellissimos I wore, the waistband was stronger than the tapes so it was impossible to get and keep a good fit around the top.