LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Bladder from a section of intestine?

A family member has a massive tumor in their bladder and the doctors say the whole bladder has to go. They gave the option of a bag or they could use a section of intestine to create a bladder replacement (which they chose). Does anyone have any info or links about this procedure? Seems to be something new but if it works well it could be a godsend to those stuck with a bag and it's attendant issues.

Bettypooh

That procedure has been around for years. Effectively, it's the equivalent of having a bag, but on the inside. The new "bladder" needs to be emptied regularly with a catheter.

Thanks for the help. It looks like I'm going to end up having to share my knowledge of diapers with them :blush: I started to let them know of my own issues and wearing many times, both to help them feel better about themself and to possibly provide some familial understanding for their Doctors, but I always stopped short of that because I feel it would impose on them more than help them. I guess that's about to change.

They didn't mention success rates or the need for cathing, I wonder if they've been told about that? That info is critical to making a good decision. They're in their mid-60's so they will be living with the results for some time still (I hope) :wub: They did indicate it was going to end their sex life but so far they're handling it all well mentally. I'm wondering if I may be headed down that road too eventually since genetics plays a role in one's disposition to end up with specific cancers? :o If anyone knows of specific links for this please post them. I'll be googling it deeply soon, but that doesn't always take you to the best sites, just the most popular ones.

Bettypooh

16 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Thanks for the help. It looks like I'm going to end up having to share my knowledge of diapers with them :blush: I started to let them know of my own issues and wearing many times, both to help them feel better about themself and to possibly provide some familial understanding for their Doctors, but I always stopped short of that because I feel it would impose on them more than help them. I guess that's about to change.

They didn't mention success rates or the need for cathing, I wonder if they've been told about that? That info is critical to making a good decision. They're in their mid-60's so they will be living with the results for some time still (I hope) :wub: They did indicate it was going to end their sex life but so far they're handling it all well mentally. I'm wondering if I may be headed down that road too eventually since genetics plays a role in one's disposition to end up with specific cancers? :o If anyone knows of specific links for this please post them. I'll be googling it deeply soon, but that doesn't always take you to the best sites, just the most popular ones.

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The operation is over and went well. Time will be needed for relearning control but all is looking good at this point. The person involved isn't AB/DL and while we discussed that they'd prefer not to go that way as much as possible. Since only the voluntary sphincter is used they will need some help at night and they're keeping their mind open to all the options.