LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Midlife Incontinence

Over a decade ago I had multiple large polyp surgery, luckily all benign, but I'm sure they missed at least one. I'm managing fine. Thing is that my condition greatly increases the chances I'll be in your shoes someday. That does make you think. First I'd advise getting a second opinion just to be sure this much surgery is your best option. Second is to have the surgeon agree in writing that you won't have a permanent colostomy unless there was no other way. You will have one temporarily until the resectioned colon heals up.

I would make the same choice since I already wear 24/7, even though I don't enjoy pooping myself. I don't want to live with any extra holes in my body or bags hanging on me. I can manage the diapers just fine. My body, my choice.

Bettypooh

You didn't say how much of your colon needed to be removed. If it's all or most of the colon, you may not have a choice of not having a colostomy.

I still have a ton of upcoming doctors appointments to go to and I can get a much more clear picture of what is going to happen down the road. The type of cancer they think it is after the first biopsy is Lynch Syndrome which basically boils down to bad genes. The cancer would just come back so they were talking complete removal of the rectum and colon. I would much rather take care of it my self by using diapers but I hope I don't get forced into a bag. It would be nice to have a choice in the matter.