LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nottingham meet

Dude84

Nottingham meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending a Nottingham meet? (See discussion)

• Definitely
    • Maybe (Depends on finance/job/etc)
    • No
    • Undecided

Update: This is open to people outside of Nottingham, just thought I'd mention that. It is a Nottingham meet as it is aimed at people in and around Nottingham, and is to be held somewhere in Nottingham, but is open to all.

So, I have read various threads in this area of the forum relating to Nottingham and/or the Midlands and/or the East Midlands, and whilst there is one relating to Nottingham in a general sense I thought I'd get one started regarding specifically, arranging a Nottingham meet, rather than just general introductions, etc.

I have been considering this for a while and I'm while I'm still uncertain as to whether it would happen, there seems to be enough people in Nottingham and surrounding areas to justify exploring the possibility, depending on there being sufficient interest and finding a suitable venue and time. In respect of this, it'd be great to here peoples thoughts on this.

Aside from small-scale meets mainly comprising my own friends I have not arranged something like this before, so it is a bit of a leap in the dark for me; also while I'm quite proficient at communication I am a little wary of meeting new people (yes, I appreciate the inherent contradiction in suggesting this) so it does take me a little outside of my comfort zone.

Current thoughts are:

• I know some people drive, but many of us (myself included) don't, so the venue would have to be somewhere accessible by reasonable (not one bus every two hours or the like) public transport; this probably entails the city centre but would prefer it to be a little outside of this area due to proximity to university etc.
  • The common rule applying to meets as I've gathered from this forum would apply - obviously, feel free to be padded (being incontinent I certainly will be!) but this will be in a public place and so in respect of this and the safety and comfort of all involved, overtly wearing AB clothing etc should probably be avoided.
  • The venue should be somewhere reasonably discreet in that it should have an area where all concerned could sit and not feel like they're in the middle of a corridor (sorry, not sure how else to word this!). However, there are other constraints too... I use a wheelchair so anywhere involving climbing stairs with no alternative access wouldn't be great.
  • The law and rights of anyone involved must be respected; please don't bring anyone aged under 18 along or do anything illegal (e.g. cannabis) or do anything with anyone else that they don't want to do. I'm thinking of a sit down talk/eat type meet, so this is unlikely to be an issue, but still.

Beyond this, i'm still open for suggestions concerning *where* to hold such a meet and the timing etc. I'm guessing most people would prefer this to be on a weekend to fit in with study/work requirements and it's probably not a great idea to start too late in case it would cause difficulty with other commitments or travel requirements.

So yeah, that's it. :-) Please complete the poll so I can get a general idea of numbers and interest levels and post your thoughts below. Sorry if the wording of this sounds formal, I don't do informal written communication too well!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Dude84 said:

the venue would have to be somewhere accessible by reasonable (not one bus every two hours or the like) public transport; this probably entails the city centre but would prefer it to be a little outside of this area due to proximity to university etc.

Canning Circus?

2 minutes ago, Dude84 said:

There's not a huge variety of venues that could easily accommodate a group of people and that are accessible around there, unfortunately. It seems to comprise mostly of takeaways and a few small shops/pubs.

What about Sobar on Maid Marion way?

7 minutes ago, Alvin Spacemunk said:

What about Sobar on Maid Marion way?

Interesting, but it closes at 1800 on weekdays and 1730 on Saturdays, which is a bit early.

2 hours ago, Dude84 said:

Interesting, but it closes at 1800 on weekdays and 1730 on Saturdays, which is a bit early.

Oh I know I nice Thai restaurant opposite the National Arts Theatre in Hockley.

http://tarnthai.com/

Or a few doors down there's Alt, which is a video game lounge which has video game consoles on the table to play on as well as a virtual reality thing which is friggin' wicked!

http://altgaminglounge.com/

I would be interested. I would also be incredibly nervous though. I haven't met any abdls before and this is quite a private part of me so wouldn't want anything to give that away.

21 hours ago, Musashi said:

Ok. I might join you then. My fear would be someone in group mentioning it or something.

I wouldn't worry about that, plenty of other stuff to talk about other than diapers or AB or whatever like getting to know each other etc

21 hours ago, Musashi said:

Still if you arrange time and date and stuff I could come along. I mean I am up for a bar or a restaurant. Preferably not clubs. The city centre and Hockley are good for these.

Yay and I wouldn't wanna go to a club either: night clubs aren't really my thing tbh

There isn't any intention to visit a nightclub; what anyone attending does after meeting is entirely up to them, but this isn't part of the arrangement as such.

It is possible that the subject may be mentioned... people aren't robots and I'm not planning some kind of dictatorial arrangement where anyone attending can only discuss certain subjects; however, I would hope that anyone attending would be intelligent enough to exercise discretion. :-)

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Dude84 said:

Indeed it is, but a little too advanced at the moment... need to ascertain a higher interest really, otherwise I fear it will be less interesting and a little too intimate. I also have to allow for the drop-off rate... that is people who cancel at the last minute or express an interest and just don't turn up.

True.

On 11/08/2016 at 1:56 AM, Dude84 said:

It is possible that the subject may be mentioned... people aren't robots and I'm not planning some kind of dictatorial arrangement where anyone attending can only discuss certain subjects

Well....

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cid-the-strong, from Leicester, ran about a dozen munches in B'ham 8 or 9 years ago., and Junior tried one.

We met in various pubs, 10 of us at the most, but it soon dwindled to 3 the last few times.

At the first meeting a few might have been lightly nappied but it wasn't noticeable, and we went on somewhere for a very quick snack as people had to catch trains.

Hardly any chat was related to nappies, but there was a slightly naughty feeling that somebody might have secretly wet themselves.

One of the best was in Leicester on a sunny summer afternoon when we moved on to a park where we had an improvised pick-nick and could wet and talk freely about nappies without the fear of being overheard..

I don't want to pour cold water on munches, but it comes down to there not being much more to it than "a few bumping into each other", and that is the problem.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...