LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

dips = femininity?

On 8/2/2016 at 3:49 AM, Rachel Emily said:

I don't feel particularly feminine in a diaper. Now, the pink plastic panties on the other hand...:)

I wonder if being in rubber panties is not more feminine than the diaper. For me it is because of the way the material feels if it is smooth and my experience as a little girl. That was the part that you actually came into  contact with if someone was wearing cloth diapers and a  baby/little girl dress; you almost couldn't help it in many cases, just in the ordinary course of things i.e. by accident, (especially in the sumertime if she liked to sit on your thighs and knees) until she learned to keep her skirts down. You would be more likely to know about them if it was a girl than if it was a boy and, for the reasons above, a little girl over 3years old would be more likely to be in diapers than a boy of. Also, diapers left lying about could easily be taken for any piece of cloth Rubber panties lying about left not doubt as to what they were and what they were for

I think that you may be right about it being a matter of association. I've read more posts and stories about a boy being put into diapers and plastic pants by his sisters, or sister and friends, than the same thing happening to a girl...and that is besides all the stuff about petticoating, which often if not always involves diapers and plastic panties.

On 12/25/2020 at 2:55 AM, vvp39 said:

I think that you may be right about it being a matter of association. I've read more posts and stories about a boy being put into diapers and plastic pants by his sisters, or sister and friends, than the same thing happening to a girl...and that is besides all the stuff about petticoating, which often if not always involves diapers and plastic panties.

Well, who would be more likely to  have more experience and knowledge about putting diapers and rubber  panties on someone, a girl or a boy? Who started putting diapers on dolls at about age 6-3/4? So how else could it turn out? In 1952, it was very likely, at least where I lived,that a 7-1/2 year old girl was wearing a diaper, or at least rubber panties over her panites while she was putting a diaper on a doll if she was spending the afternoon with some friends and couold not hold it comfortably for two hours. Where would a boy learn how to do that and what do you think would happen if he showed a bit of interest in it

When you were young, and liked wearing plastic, how was that treated?

If you were out of diapers by the time you were 3-1/2, there is no gender (masculine/feminine) attached to them in the personal "lived experience" sense. That is because the relevant psychological component develops between ages 3 and 5. My early memories of diapers do not have attached to them "boy" or "girl" as they were just before or just after I turned 3.  Any notions I have of 'boy" or "girl" at that age was just being called that: Internally it meant nothing; it did not even get processed because I did not have the cranial capacity nor experience to do so. My later experiences in diapers were in a feminine context (as a little girl with other girls) and the other things I mentioned above. But those are ASSOCIATIONAL, not innate; i.e. the "go with [culture, stories, things you see going on, etc]" and they ACQUIRE that gender classification. I notice something; many diapered "Sissy"'s describe a Play Age of 1, 2, or 3 and, in the "Diapers" slot are "diaper lover" or "Adult Baby" for the most part, then describe liking "girly" things

So the quiestion "Do diapers EQUAL femininity?" is answered "no" but is there a strong tie or identification; i.e. LINK? Given all of the above; yes. But there is an even stronger link between diapers and infancy/very little, too

On 8/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, Lyra said:

Perhaps I'm a little odd in this being what seems one of the few Trans women doms around here. I find babying a little helps with my dysphoria, having that out let for my maternal feelings that I'll likely never get to give to my own child. Personally I find a lot babygirl stuff goes to the point of sissiness or parody of femininity which rather ruins the point to me but some babies do need to be engulfed in frills I get that.

I relate to that. I'm genderfluid (assigned female) and nurturing brings out the femininity in me, too.

Also, nice to see another dom here!