LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long have you been incontinent?

• 4 weeks later...

I have been incontinent since I was a kid and to be hones the most terrifying moments I had experienced when I was in my late teens/college because it was progressing and in my late teens I basically totally lost control of my bladder and had to live with my friends in the university wearing diapers 24/7 and trying to avoid any comments and them finding out. It was tough, because I was very scared of anyone knowing about my issues, but they still managed to know, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it will be, actually it was even comforting, when others have learnt about it I felt relieved like I have dropped some heavy stone from my chest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Catheterslave said:

Mine has definitely got smaller. When I have a major wetting episode it is no where near as much as it was say three years ago.
What happen to your bladder if you leak 24/7? Does it get smaller and drips a lot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I used to have accidents when running. Now love wearing and feel more relaxed.

I run also in spandex with out dippers and the urine running down my right leg. Some time I use a Foley catheter to show off my catheter bulge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Actually started   with " accidents"   day & nights  as  little girl  . calmed  down up to my early 20 ´s when i got my IBS-Mix  Diagnose  dealt with that up until id say 5 years back when things  began to  get worse  so had to start wear  diaper  when out on trips     , then   roughly   1,5 years ago things  went   compleatly  the wrong way from increasing  constantly   so now  severe    Double Total   Mix  IC            

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been partially bladder and bowel incontinent since last summer due to a back injury. I have a ruptured l5-s1 disc and believe more of the disc gel came out during my injury last summer and is now pressing on the nerves that control the bladder and bowels.

• 3 weeks later...

I have episode incontinence for 5 years now. They last 1 to 3 months and between then I can have break of weeks or few months as well. It's very unpredictable. Also episodes tend to last longer and break times shorter by the times.

Although I was fully toilet trained at 33 months, according to my Mom, my bladder was tiny and over-active. At puberty in 1976 I reverted to bedwetting. At 21 in 1985 I lost my daytime control. So I've been profoundly urinary incontinent for almost 34 years.

My urinary incontinence started in 2003 with a wet bed that happened totally out of the blue.

Then a few more wet beds and I went to my Doctor.

After finding no infection or any other apparent cause I was sent to see a very crap Urologist.

This guy was just about to retire and was more interested in telling me about his sore back than my problems.

My bedwetting became every night regular and I have always struggled with disposable nappies, they just won't deal with sudden releases of urine and repeated.

I was told by some other bedwetters to try terry squares for nightime, the advantage being you could make them as thick and absorbent as needed.

I began to get repeated water infections.

I would get antibiotics it would seem to clear up only to return a week or so later.

After 18 months of my incontinence getting worse and a few accidents during the daytime too.

I asked the Continence Nurse if I could have an appointment with another Urologist.

This Guy was good, he listened to everything and I explained about the leaking getting worse and the continued UTI's.

He explained that as I was now seriously incontinent the chances of a cure was not very likely.

I said I wanted to know why I was incontinent as I thought the other guy had not spent much time on examining me.

He booked me into an outpatient appointment and I was put under and he had a good look inside my bladder and urinary tract with a scope.

He explained to me that I had scarring on my sphincters due to repeated infections and I still had an infection.

Also due to long term leaking my bladder had shrunk in size and that was probably causing my urgency and the sphincter damage would cause my bladder to empty

regularly without filling.

So I was 40 years old at the start I'm now 55 years old and will have urinary incontinence for the rest of my life.

I found some great shaped cloth nappies to wear to bed, that helped a lot at night.

I also use a condom catheter and leg bag during the daytime that helps my skin cope.

I still get UTI's but not as often these days.

Type 2 Diabetes helps the incontinence, especially at night.

Fortunately it's manageable and does not effect my life style to drastically.

I will admit it has not done my love life much good.

• 2 weeks later...

Been incontinent most of my life, on and off, was in nappies full time for most of my childhood, kinda fumbled and lied my way through teens and early adult hood with drinking next to nothing and using women's sanitary towels, then after nearly killing myself though dehydration, I wore a nappy when I knew I wouldn't be near a toilet. Then 6 years ago, my fiance, who is an x nurse, helped me go 247. She helped me get through the concerns of being obvious to the world and now I wear a thick nappy, with a booster and plastic pants pretty much permanently. No-one has ever noticed, or if they have, they haven't said anything. . . .  

• Like 1
On 1/20/2019 at 10:18 AM, Constantlywet said:

Been incontinent most of my life, on and off, was in nappies full time for most of my childhood, kinda fumbled and lied my way through teens and early adult hood with drinking next to nothing and using women's sanitary towels, then after nearly killing myself though dehydration, I wore a nappy when I knew I wouldn't be near a toilet. Then 6 years ago, my fiance, who is an x nurse, helped me go 247. She helped me get through the concerns of being obvious to the world and now I wear a thick nappy, with a booster and plastic pants pretty much permanently. No-one has ever noticed, or if they have, they haven't said anything. . . .  

It is so much better when you have the support of your partner. My wife encouraged me to wear nappies and get on with my life. I wear nappies and plastic pants all the time now and if people notice so what.

since age 12.... cyclical accidents.  Now at 38..... 24/7 with minimal bladder control( IF I. Get an urge it's already to late) 

On 1/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, stephrider said:

I have episode incontinence for 5 years now. They last 1 to 3 months and between then I can have break of weeks or few months as well. It's very unpredictable. Also episodes tend to last longer and break times shorter by the times.

That's exactly how mine started.... by age 37 the breaks between was about 4 days  with about 4 months of ever worsening leaks. Peaking at weeks of zero functionality  so far it only been 7 days of both bladder and bowel before the episode tapers off... but it's getting worsening every cycle