LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Guys Morning Leaking

I doubt I'm alone with this situation: I'm 66, have been diagnosed with BPH. At night, I wear diaper or brief for wetting during the night. (With plastic pants and bed pad to save mattress). I can empty my bladder in the morning, but maybe 5-10 minutes later, out comes a leak. I've used disposable underwear, male guards (from Depend, Tena, Abena and Seni) by the time I have breakfast and ready for my shower, I've generally loaded the guard, sometime to overflowing. I mentioned to my urologist but he sortta shrugged like "What do you expect?" I'm wearing a guard to work most days, because of those little leaks. Does anyone else have a similar situation?

I don't take anything for it, but midodrine atorvastatin, metformin and Corey for circulation and heart and prediabetes. Maybe they collectively do that. Just thankful for disposable stuff not cloth

I have taken Tamulosin for 8 years for my prostate, it does seem to improve my overall streaming ability, though I do still retain alot and cath therefore as well as where a diaper.

For what it's worth wear a better diaper overnight until you start your ADL'S like showering , it is cheaper to wear a more absorbent diaper overnight through just before your shower, and a lot less hassle as you start your day.

I also agree with the sentiment expressed by Craisler that cloth is best for overnight, even if your not a side sleeper they tend to offer more coverage and protection than any disposable depending on your laundry schedule you can buy and use a cloth overnight through your shower for less money than 1 case of a decent disposable .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you can't fix the problem to end the unwanted symptoms then you address the symptoms ;) Which in this case is better protection. I find pull-ups convenient at home but briefs (tape-on diapers) better when away. Those have far more capacity (so less changing) and can change with pants on. Just do what you have to so you can go on with life as best you can!

Bettypooh

To avoid wetting the bed I usually put a cloth diaper over my premium Abena M3 diaper, like the other posters already said cloth absorbs regardless of the position you

i have worn some diaper 24/7 for a few years, started as a play time, and i wished i would have an excuse medically to wear, in case someone found out, a round a year ago, i started having problems going, it would hurt trying. i took the Tamulosin until about a month ago, it helped, but had several side effects i just could not get used to. And i had a hand surgery so i stopped all meds and decided to try not using it, i have had dribbles after peeing,, before and since i stopped taking it. so i need to find out what would make my morning pee come out with out forcing it,

9 hours ago, dlforever said:

i have worn some diaper 24/7 for a few years, started as a play time, and i wished i would have an excuse medically to wear, in case someone found out, a round a year ago, i started having problems going, it would hurt trying. i took the Tamulosin until about a month ago, it helped, but had several side effects i just could not get used to. And i had a hand surgery so i stopped all meds and decided to try not using it, i have had dribbles after peeing,, before and since i stopped taking it. so i need to find out what would make my morning pee come out with out forcing it,

10 hours ago, dlforever said:

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Sounds like you do have an excuse medically for wearing diapers.

6 hours ago, Craisler said:

Basically, you have the choice of several medications to that help with urination.

17 hours ago, dlforever said:

yeah i'm just not wanting to go through all the test that i have read about on this and another site. it would be cool to get my Dr to diagnose the leakage, i may even get ins to pay for some, i did have the prostate exam a year ago, he didn't seam worried about anything i think i need to go back and give him an update , just not sure

Thanks Craisler, and Rusty pins, for your help, i know i need to talk to my Dr sooner rather than later, i don't want to try any more meds, i'm on several for my neck still in Physical therapy for my hand surgery, thats going slow, its just a hard subject to talk about to a Dr, the pain i have feels like i'm straining my muscles there too much, so i am leaning more towards th prostate, i have experimented with herbal but it seams to be i need to keep upping the dose. i was originally going for meds because my generic meds are free, the herbs are expensive.

Once upon a half-lifetime ago my lawyer gave me some good advice: Always tell your doctor and lawyer everything honestly. They're on your side and they can't help you unless they know everything. What may seem insignificant to you might speak volumes to them ;)

On July 17, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Thickndry said:

I doubt I'm alone with this situation: I'm 66, have been diagnosed with BPH. At night, I wear diaper or brief for wetting during the night. (With plastic pants and bed pad to save mattress). I can empty my bladder in the morning, but maybe 5-10 minutes later, out comes a leak. I've used disposable underwear, male guards (from Depend, Tena, Abena and Seni) by the time I have breakfast and ready for my shower, I've generally loaded the guard, sometime to overflowing. I mentioned to my urologist but he sortta shrugged like "What do you expect?" I'm wearing a guard to work most days, because of those little leaks. Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier but I have to say the you've described my (earlier) situation exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thickndry said:

I have worn as diaper to bed for quite some time and sleep better. Regardless how much I go before bed, there is always leakage when I drift off, so diapers and plastic pants are workable solution for me. Doc said it is likely I would die with prostate problem not of it. Had biopsy done once and was cancer free but enlarged.

My prostate is enlarged but I also have diabetic related nerve problems. I have been told I will have to live with my incontinence. It isn't really a problem. I just wear a nappy or incontinence pad all the time now.