LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should ABs be Socially Accepted as A Lifestyle?

There are ppl who are butt hurt and offended with the Pokemon go game. They say it too childish and if u play then you are a stupid kid. Just imagine how those ppl would react when they hear about the abdl life. Ppl who don't understand something will lash out. Ppl who can't relate will hurt others.

No what we do behind closed doors is our business.. I go to a shrink for bipolar and a jacked up childhood guess that's why I'm AB.. Two different psychiatrists said there's nothing wrong with what I do as long as I'm not hurting myself or anyone else..

What is it you're wanting society to accept?

Do you want us to be allowed to run around in just our diapers?

(I know you're a mommy so i'm only speaking for us babies.)

Yay, this topic again.

And no...There is no need for social acceptance (we aren't denied any rights or anything) and at least half the community don't want it anyway. It honestly sounds like an idea straight out of tumblr... "If LGBT are accepted then literally anything I am or think I am should be accepted too. I am a non-binary gender, pokemon sexual, quasi spirit dragon... Accept me!"

I'm not saying that people can't be free to be or think what they want of themselves but that doesn't mean everyone else has to see it or experience it in public. I look at it from an imagined perspective of not being an ABDL. Do I want to 40-year-old men in big pink dresses and thick cloth nappies? No. Do I want to see adults having their nappies changed? No. Do I want to sit on the bus next to a guy freely messing himself? No.

In terms of social acceptance I think a lot of the population, when they see or hear ABDL items on the news or on TV think: "That's weird. It takes all sorts." A much smaller amount will be against it to the point of willing to do something about it. These are the same types of people though who will be against anything deviated from the norm. In a lot of ways it is already accepted. People who see the TV shows know we exist and are kind of forced to accept that fact... Doesn't mean they have to like it.

We are lucky that our fetish or lifestyle is something that can be practised quietly. We can own lots of baby things in our house and use them whenever, we can go outside in nappies (as long as it is covered up), we can blend in very well. Compared with other alternative lifestyles of fetishes we are lucky in that respect.

Acceptance comes from within rather from other people. No one should need society to tell them something is OK. That needs to happen internally.

• Like 2

Probably better to keep most of the stuff behind closed doors as its super cringey to force aspects of a lifestyle on others in public. While it doesnt actually hurt anyone physically, it does hurt our perceived public image. Anyways who wants to accepted by society, society is usually on the wrong side of the fence when it comes general public opinion.

Thats my opinion at least.

• Like 1

I wish it was accepted to a point where people aren't so judgmental about it and thinking of us as perverts or as sick people.

• Like 2

If the public lose their collective minds over the idea of a bathroom for both men and women imagine what adding an ABDL changing table to the equation would do.

1 hour ago, BigC300 said:

How about ABDL changing tables in the bathrooms of public buildings and restaurants?

Yeah...no. Only in fet fiction, where it belongs.

1 hour ago, Elfy said:

If the public lose their collective minds over the idea of a bathroom for both men and women imagine what adding an ABDL changing table to the equation would do.

I just squirt milk out of my nose.

2 hours ago, Elfy said:

Rofl

I think this fetish is pretty cool actually, weird as well, but weird can be cool. We get to enjoy a lot different aspects of ourselves, it ties into many other aspects of human sexuality, and we get to have all kinds of fun paraphernalia. That and it can overlap into so many other kinks, which is interesting to me.

No, no, all kinds of no. I don't need society's validation or any special treatment. I don't want government forcing people to give me any special accommodation, or trying some kind of social engineering experiment in an attempt to increase tolerance and acceptance or whatever. There will always be haters, and that's ok. Find the kindred spirits and be at peace.

• Like 1

I think it depends on what you define as social acceptance:

Acceptance of doing what exactly and by whom?

I think we have a lot of freedom to express this side of ourselves in private and within reason in public as it is.

7 hours ago, BigC300 said:

How about ABDL changing tables in the bathrooms of public buildings and restaurants?

We already have family restrooms and disabled stalls in most establishments, and some establishments are installing full-sized surfaces for disabled adults to be changed. Use them how you like and within reason and common decency, but don't expect them to be labeled to your pleasure.

We have a real problem these days with people misconstruing social acceptance with civil rights and freedoms. The law and public opinion are two very different things. There is no law that if you want to wear a diaper instead of underwear that you can't, but that does not mean people have to like it or that private establishments can't deny you service. Save your little time for your home life and act in a way that befits everyone around you when you're out in public.

• Like 1

I believe ab should definitely be more accepted socially, but within the confines of a social, functional society. Everyone needs to understand that basically everyone lives differently and that life is a matter of perspective and everyone's is different. The basic rules of treating everyone with respect and as you would like to be treated should be accepted by all, but sadly it's not. I think that over the past 20 years we have come a very long way to being accepted and people are much more open than they have ever been.

I don't think it should be, but I think people should take the time to know us before they label us as "creeps", or any other word. I know that there is good hearted people in the world who are a AB/DL. I think being an AB/DL is something that we should keep to ourselves, it would be kinda awkward if you saw everyone wearing diapers every single day lol. I really think you should only tell a person about this if they are someone you REALLY love, and care about. Those who really do love you and care will not mind this interest.

I have a few friends who are close to me that have a fuzzy awareness of this, they'd all say im a weird person, but at the same time they all say how i am really good person. Very rarely

I wouldn't mind being able to go out while sucking on a pacifier, wearing a "little"-styled outfit, and cuddling a stuffie without suffering the repercussions or ridicule. At the same time, it's not something I'm going to force people to accept, and it's not killing me to keep it all behind closed doors. Besides, being subtle is more fun than just being blatant.

19 hours ago, Personalias said:

At the same time, it'd be nice if it was a little more "accepted" in the same way some BDSM has become "accepted": Books, songs, movies, tv stuff etc. and have it not be played for straight up laughs or gross out humor.

I think it should be socially acceptable, but perhaps not at an all-out level such as going shopping while wearing only a diaper. Heidi Lynn was very AB and tolerated where she lived so it's possible. She was also financially independent or it wouldn't have happened like that. Done with good taste as is appropriate for the setting there's really no reason for it to not be accepted. Just don't expect it t be like this any time soon- the world isn't ready for something this radical yet ;)