LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any computer programmers in the community?

I was wondering if there were any computer programmers among us or just IT folks in general.

A year ago I decided to go back to school for mechanical engineering but switched to comp sci after realizing that I genuinely looked forward to and enjoyed the programming classes/assignments.

So far I've only taken basic courses in Java and C++ and a data structures course using C. I've also recently started solving problems on projecteuler.net in my spare time and have completed several courses on codecademy.com.

I started looking at job postings just to get an idea of what people are looking for and man do I have a LOT left to learn xD

Is there anyone that could give advice to an aspiring computer programmer? Anyone willing to mentor a newbie? I'd work for experience :D

• 2 weeks later...

I call myself a sysadmin who can program, but in truth, programming in 85% of my work these days. 10% of what is left goes towards business/management stuff now.

"Programming" as a field is massively vague. You can do web development, networking, systems, driver/hardware dev, etc. So my first bit of advice would be to try and play with different aspects of programming and see what strikes your fancy.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Diapered Jason said:

Well, if you have a taste for science, I'd recommend getting into computational modelling.

Finally get the avatar, it was bugging me I couldn't figure it out. Thought it was an electric stove top burner.

Another large, emerging field that will soon be a huge deal (its already kind of a huge deal) is virtualization of client work stations, so that might be worth looking into specializing in.

18 hours ago, eatenbywo1ves said:

Finally get the avatar, it was bugging me I couldn't figure it out. Thought it was an electric stove top burner.

Oh, that image was not the product of computational modelling, though it is scientific in nature. Lol, stove top burner.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2016-08-24 at 11:03 AM, Diapered Jason said:

Oh, that image was not the product of computational modelling, though it is scientific in nature. Lol, stove top burner.

Was it from that video where they showed how you could flip a sphere inside out without causing any folds?

• 2 weeks later...