LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

One piece self retaining stent

I haven't posted much lately, crazy busy with work and preparation for my daughters wedding.

I knew if I thought enough and developed the right techniques, I'd come up with the appliance.

Unfortunately, the description will have to do for now. The computer is being stubborn and I can't upload pics from my phone.

Start with a straight vinyl catheter. I use 16FR.

You need a heat gun, steel ruler, razor knife, clamps, and a pair of pliers with a round notch approximately 14FR.

I'm using a pair of electrical pliers that have a pair of smooth round notches in the jaws.

Pre warm pliers with heat gun. Hold catheter in plier notch near hole where inner sphincter is.

Heat inner side next to pliers VERY SLOWLY and tubing will start to swell. Use slight pressure to mushroom tubing against flat edge of pliers. The pliers will protect the part of the tubing from the heat and shrink it's diameter slightly.

Measure from the narrowing about 6-8 cm and cut the tubing lenghtwise starting with a long sloped cut. Place the ruler on edge in the U and clamp down. Cut on both sides leaving a thin tail. Trim smooth and cut to final length. For me it's 19cm.

I'll upload a pic a soon as I can.

Thanks! The stent is looking really great.

I'm quite interested in your experiences in wearing it.

While looking at the stent I am not sure if the filament, which you created by slicing the catheter lengthwise is as strong and resistant to tearing as a fishing line.

It's pretty comfortable. Doesn't really feel like anything is there.

The filament is actually really strong. Way higher breaking strength than needed. It will stretch a lot before breaking, like an elastic. I use a piece of the tubing for insertion with the filament down the center. The end of the filament is just inside.

I believe it's safer and more comfortable. No knots, completely internal, and easy to remove.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...